Back-to-School Writing Prompt
The school bell, a sound that inspires boredom at the beginning of the day or joy at the end of one. Still, the extremely loud sound that echoes through hallways and classrooms is one of many sure signs that you’re back in school. And then there’s the freezing cold wait at the bus stop to remind you of a long day of learning.
But you really know you’re back to school when. . .
- the alarm goes off before the sun is even up!
- you spend days decorating binders and books with brand-new highlighters and Sharpie markers.
- your mom says you’re not allowed to play video games on school nights.
- you can’t identify the hot lunch on your plate. What *is* that?? Yuck.
- epic recess basketball games carry over for days!
- you are reading a book not for fun but for a book report. (If you’re lucky, it’ll be on a book you can choose by yourself!)
- you start to break your day down by periods instead of hours.
What reminds you that you’re back in school? Jot your thoughts down in the Comments!
—Elysse, STACKS Writer