We love the Olympic Games, but why should athletes get all the glory? STACKS readers, it’s time to flex your reading muscles and demonstrate your bookish strength and stamina!
Beginning Monday, February 24 through Monday, March 3, you can participate in the STACKS Winter Reading Games. All week long, we will be hosting daily reading events, giving you a chance to win books, and challenging you to participate in a live 4-hour Readathon!
STACKS Winter Reading Games Schedule of Events
- Monday, February 24: Page 32 Writing Prompt
- Tuesday, February 25: Book Cover Judging
- Wednesday, February 26: Character Dream Team
- Thursday, February 27: Book-Movie Cast
- Friday, February 28: Guess the Book
- Saturday, March 1: Live Readathon! Gather here for a live 4-hour reading marathon starting at 12 noon ET.
- Monday March 3: Closing ceremonies
Get in one last library training run, gather all your books, get your most comfy reading uniform ready, power up with nutritious snacks, and prepare for the 2014 STACKS Winter Reading Games starting on February 24!
To sign up for the Winter Reading Games, visit the Reading Buzz Board and enter your team name. (You need to be a STACKS member to sign up, but it’s free and easy to join. If you are not already a STACKS member, SIGN UP now!)