While it’s awesome to see trained athletes tearing up the ice in a team sport like hockey, here at the STACKS, it is day 3 of the STACKS Winter Reading Games, and we have to wonder: what would it be like to have an Olympic team made up of characters from our favorite books?
Since hockey is probably the team sport on ice that I understand best, I’m creating my dream sports lineup as a hockey team. My picks?
- Percy Jackson, obviously, because he can control water and would therefore be a speed demon on ice.
- Clarisse La Rue (of the Percy Jackson series) because she’s super-aggressive and would have no problem knocking out an opposing player.
- Hagrid (of the Harry Potter series) because he’d be an amazing goalie.
- George and Harold (of Captain Underpants) because they are fast thinkers and you need to be a fast thinker on ice!
- Harry Potter because he’d probably discover he had the ability to do something awesome halfway through the game and totally take down the opposition.
How about you? What would YOUR fictional character dream team look like? Share in the Comments below! And come back tomorrow to participate in the next Winter Reading Games event!