We know how plugged into our world you guys are, and one of the big social issues affecting people around the world is hunger. You probably don't even think about it, but if you eat three meals every day, you are luckier than a lot of people in the world.
As I was researching, I came across some eye-opening worldwide facts. Did you know that. . .
- 1 out of 6 people in the world is chronically hungry, now.
- 3 billion people in the world struggle to live on less than $2 a day.
- tonight, 1 billion people will go to bed hungry.
Take the quiz below to find out more.
- True or False. Hunger affects men, women, boys, and girls, young and old equally.
- What area of the world has the highest number of hungry people?
C. Latin America
D. North America
- How many calories a day does the average person need to live a healthy life?
- How often in the world does someone die of hunger?
A. Every 3.6 seconds
B. Every 10 seconds
C. Every 2 minutes
- True or False. Poor nutrition affects only children’s physical development.
- What is the main cause of world hunger?
Leave your answers in the Comments, and check back next week for answers.
—Ratha, Stacks Writer