We all know The Baby-sitters Club is a favorite ’round these parts! As we get ready for the re-issue of book #4, Mary Anne Saves the Day, coming in October, I thought I’d get you all in the mood for some BSC action with a trivia quiz!
I took one question from each of the first three books plus the prequel, The Summer Before. Want to test your BSC knowledge? Leave a comment with your answers!
In The Summer Before, Claudia throws a birthday party for herself. Why is she so nervous about this party?
- She forgot to send out invitations so she thinks no one will come.
- Her sister, Janine, had threatened to embarrass her at the party.
- It was her first boy-girl party and she wanted everyone to get along.
In Kristy’s Great Idea, what surprised Kristy most about her first sitting job through the BSC?
- Her charge, Jackie Rodowsky, was allowed to eat ice cream for dinner.
- Her charges Pinky and Buffy ended up being dogs, not kids.
- Her charge, Jamie, broke his ankle while she was watching him.
In Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls, who is Mary Anne sitting for when she rigs up traps to catch the phantom phone caller?
- Kristy's little brother, David Michael
- Claudia's cousin, Samantha
- Kristy's stepsister, Karen
In The Truth About Stacey, a new club is in town and is competing with the BSC. What are they called?
- The We <3 Kids Club
- Sitters for Hire
- The Baby-sitters Agency
Happy guessing! When you're done, you can go to the Baby-sitters Club Message Board to compare notes with other BSC fans!
—Morgan, Scholastic Staffer