Wow! That was impressive. Congratulations to Jacob, who nailed every question of my my Lightning Thief trivia — and answered only a few minutes after the post went up! To recap, here are the questions and Jacob’s absolutely correct answers:
1. What was the Roman (not Greek!) name for Percy’s father? – Neptune
2. What is the first hint we get of who Percy’s father really is? – When Percy doused the Cabin 5 kids in bathroom water (although we also get a much smaller hint earlier when Percy mentions that the only activity he’s good at is canoeing)
3. Which monster is Percy’s namesake famous for killing? – Medusa
4. Which three planets are named after Percy’s father and uncles? – Jupiter, Neptune, and Pluto
5. Why is the entrance to the underworld in L.A.? (Feel free to be creative with this one.) – The entrance to the Underworld is always in the west.
6. Where did Percy stab Ares, and what classical hero is this a reference to? – Heel; Achilles
Way to go, Jacob! I’ll have to make the questions harder after I read Sea of Monsters . . .
— Jack, STACKS Staffer