With Turkey Day right around the corner, we cooked up a delicious Thanksgiving Would You Rather with a question based on STACKS Staffer, Sonja’s own personal experience. (Her sister makes a sweet potato dish with pineapple and marshmallows!!)
Would you rather . . .
- Eat sweet potato casserole with pineapple and marshmallows OR eat roasted crickets? (Sonja would actually rather eat crickets!)
- Eat Thanksgiving dinner in your underwear OR wearing a giant rubber turkey on your head?
- Jump into a pool of cold cranberry sauce OR warm gravy?
- Watch football OR go shopping?
- Eat burnt pumpkin pie OR delicious stuffing that might have a few dead bugs in it?
- Be a turkey on Thanksgiving Day OR a pumpkin about to get carved for Halloween?
- From eating too much, spit up turkey OR spit up creamed spinach?
- Be on your best behavior at the grown-ups’ table OR eat at the kids’ table and get peas thrown at you by your 3-year-old cousin?
- For vegetarians: eat Tofurkey OR skip the turkey altogether and just eat all the yummy veggie side dishes?
- If you could only choose one dessert, would it be apple pie OR pecan pie?
I’ll leave you with the famous song (sung to the tune of “Oh My Darling, Clementine”) . . .
Mr. Turkey, Mr. Turkey
Did you ever wonder why
People eat you on Thanksgiving
Instead of chicken pot pie?
Leave your answers in the Comments below! Happy Turkey Day, everyone!
—Ratha, Stacks Writer