St. Patrick’s Day Trivia Answers
Last week, I posted a St. Patrick’s Day Trivia Quiz. Did you have LUCK finding the answers? Check below!
- According to legend, St. Patrick drove what reptiles from Ireland?
- What sugary breakfast cereal features a dancing leprechaun who claims it is “magically delicious?”
ANSWER: Lucky Charms.
- What are the colors in the Irish flag?
ANSWER: Green, white, and orange. Green is for the Catholic Nationalist tradition, Orange is for the Protestant tradition, and White is the peace that binds them.
- Name a college sports team with the name “Irish” in it.
ANSWER: Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
- Where is the biggest St. Patrick’s Day Parade in the world?
ANSWER: New York City! On March 17, 1762 Irish soldiers serving in the English military marched through New York City, playing Irish music. Today, it’s grown into the world’s largest civilian parade with over 150,000 people.
- What does “Erin Go Braugh” mean?
ANSWER: Ireland Forever.
- What is the name of the Irish Gryffindor student in the Harry Potter series? (Hint: He attends the Yule Ball with Lavender Brown.)
ANSWER: Seamus Finnigan.
- What happens when you “kiss the Blarney Stone?”
ANSWER: You get the “gift of gab” or are able talk to persuade people to do whatever you want! (Now that’s one stone I could put to good use!)
- Almost 25% of people from what state are descended from Irish immigrants?
- What happens to a leprechaun if you look away?
ANSWER: He disappears — taking his pot of gold with him, no doubt.
To all you Irish out there (myself included – I’m a mix of Irish, Polish, and Indian) I hope you had a great St. Paddy’s Day. And on St. Patrick’s Day. . . .everyone’s a little bit Irish anyway! Let me leave you with an Irish quote I heard a lot around my house growing up. “If you lie down with dogs, you’ll rise up with fleas.” Hmm. One to ponder. Do you have any favorite Irish quotes, or ways you celebrate St. Paddy’s Day? Drop us a line in the Comments below!
—Ratha, Stacks Writer