Get ready to take a bite out of August because it’s Shark Week. The Discovery Channel has all sorts of shark-infested fun on TV and their website. If you’re obsessed with sharks, or morbidly curious, there’s something for everyone. So brave the waters, and sink your teeth into our Shark Week Trivia Quiz!
- What famous 1975 movie is the ultimate scary shark movie? Hint: It features a man-eating great white shark!
- What part of a shark’s body is a popular beach souvenir? A. Brains B. Teeth C. Heart D. Fin
- True or false? Like humans, sharks eat 3 meals a day.
- Which is NOT a type of shark? A. Great White Shark B. Angel Shark C. Reef Shark D. Chipmunk Shark
- What are baby sharks called? A. Sharklings B. Pups C. Pollywogs D. Kids
- Like vampires, sharks like this human substance. They can usually smell it from far away!
- If you see a shark swimming near you, you should: A. Make lots of big splashes to scare it away B. Punch it in the nose C. Quickly and calmly leave the water D. Take lots of pictures
- Name the movie based on the true story of surfer Bethany Hamilton, who survived a shark attack in Hawaii.
- A shark’s skeleton is not made of bone. Name the material it is made of. Hint: It is a rubbery material like on the tips of our nose and ears.
Take a deep breath, and dive right in! Check your answers here . . . if you dare.
— Ratha, Stacks Writer