Bacon is gooooood!
Hi! I hope you liked my Bacon Trivia Quiz last week. I know it was random, so thanks for indulging me and playing along. Here are my answers. . .
- Who would win? Bacon vs. Cheese
Argh! This is impossible! Please don't make me choose! I want both!!
- Who would win? Bacon vs. SPAM
Bacon. Sorry, Hawaii. I am not a fan of "Hawaiian Steak."
- Who would win? Bacon vs. One Direction
Bacon. Although . . . eating bacon WITH One Direction would be awesome!
- Who would win? Bacon vs. Harry Potter
Ooh, I think Harry wins this one. It's hard to compete with magic.
- Who would win? Bacon vs. Disney World
Bacon. I loved Disney when I was a kid, but my love affair with bacon has stood the test of time.
- When was bacon invented?
According to The Bacon Cookbook by James Villas, bacon dates back to China in 1,500 B.C.E.
- What part of the pig does bacon come from?
Sometimes from the belly, and sometimes from the back. Wikipedia says the word bacon comes from the Old German word for "buttock," so. . . um. . . yeah.
- What is a rasher of bacon? (Hint: This question will be much easier for readers outside the U.S.)
A rasher is a slice of bacon. As in, "Oi, Mum! Pass me a few rashers of bacon, please!"
- What does the expression "bring home the bacon" mean?
It means to bring home money for your family. As in, "With all these baby-sitting jobs, I will really be able to bring home the bacon!"
- What is your favorite way to eat bacon?
Bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich with avocado on 7-grain bread. Yum!!
I'm hungry. What are some of your random favorite things, either food-related or not? Let me know in the Comments. Maybe I'll make a random trivia quiz about some of YOUR favorites!