Pizza Trivia Quiz Answers
Hey everyone! Hope today’s Pizza Trivia Quiz didn’t make you too hungry. I know I ran all the way to the nearest pizzeria as soon as I was done writing it! Here are the answers . . .
- In November 2011, Congress officially declared pizza a vegetable. That’s right. A vegetable. . . due to the tomato sauce. And since tomatoes are actually fruits, it makes even less sense!
- The world’s most expensive pizza costs, per pie, $2,400. It’s sold by Margo’s Pizzeria on the island of Malta, and it’s covered in white truffles and 24-carat gold leaf. Sorry, guys – I think that’s too fancy for me. I think I’ll stick to my extra-cheese slices!
- The New York Giants had 15 pizza pies delivered by private plane from their favorite pizzeria, Umberto’s of Hyde Park, New York, to the Indianapolis Super Bowl in February 2012. Since they went on to win the game, it seems like the “lucky pizza” really was lucky!
- Pizza Hut’s Big Dinner Box, stuffed with 2 medium, 1-topping pizzas, 8 wings, and 5 bread sticks with marinara sauce, contains 5,000 calories. That’s two-and-a-half days’ worth of calories! Mamma mia!
- Domino’s Pizza recently announced that they are planning a future restaurant on the moon. How awesome is that?
- Each year, 1 billion pizzas are delivered. That’s. . . that’s a lot of pizza.
- Before the cardboard box was invented, pizzas were transported in copper containers. They were shaped kind of like miniature stoves, to keep the pizzas warm. Unfortunately, they were also sold pre-made, so no made-to-order pizzas in the 1800s! Good thing we live in the 21st century, where I can order my pizzas covered in pineapple and olives. . . what? It’s yummy!
- The standard style of pizza box is commonly called the Michigan style. Developed in Detroit in the 1960s, it replaced (well, for the most part) the thin paperboard boxes that we typically use for cakes nowadays.