How sorry do you feel for Emma Rose’s dog in this photo? Leave your caption in the Comments!
Last week we introduced you to Jake and Johnny from the Nickelodeon show Max & Shred. This week, we have an interview with the girls who play Abby and Howie on the show.
Q: What is your favorite Max & Shred episode so far?
Emilia: I had to wear a Yeti suit. After watching it and all the hard work that we put into that episode and then seeing it, it definitely paid off. So it’s really funny. It was boiling, and on set it’s already really hot because of the lights and it was summertime. So, yeah, I don’t think I’ve ever sweat so much in my entire life. Continue reading
It’s practically summer, and that means you can read all the books you want! YAY! But how do you decide which books to choose? Well, STACKS Staffer Sandy created this helpful graphic. Take a look and find out which books you should read this summer.
And don’t forget to log your minutes in the Summer Reading Challenge!
PurpleWizard50 created a quiz to help you answer the question: What Should You Do This Summer?
1. Yay! It’s finally summer! What do you want to do? a) Check out some sunny beaches. b) Stay at home and read. c) Go to a new and exotic city. d) Visit your friends and relatives.
2. Wow! It’s burning out there! What do you do to cool off? a) Take a dive in an outdoor swimming pool. b) Sit in front of the A/C until your teeth freeze. c) Run through the sprinkler with a home-made paper fan. d) Head to your bestie’s place for a movie marathon in her air-conditioned basement.
3. What’s your favorite summer treat? a) Ice cream sundaes. b) Fresh fruit juice smoothies. c) Icy cold “mocktails.” d) Those twin Popsicles.
4. How would you describe yourself? a) Sporty and fun. b) Bookworm-y and quiet. c) Unique and artsy. d) Social and a great BFF.
5. What is your favorite hobby? a) Playing sports and swimming. b) Reading and being alone. c) Painting or drawing. d) Hanging with your bestie.
Results! Continue reading
Do y’all remember the fantabulous Winter Name Generator? Well, it’s definitely not winter anymore, so it’s time for new names. I’m thinking that it’s time for . . . SUMMER NAMES!!! Introducing the wonderfully weird and wonky Summer Name Generator! (This is version 2.0. If you want two special summer names, you should try out last summer’s, too!).
Here’s how the Summer Name Generator works. Find the first initial of your first name in the list below. That word is your summer first name. Then look at the list of the months below and find the month of your birthday. That word is your summer last name. For example, my name begins with an E and my birthday is in March, so my new summer name would be Pool Noodle Surfer. I’m into it!
- A – Sunny
- B – Sunshine
- C – Water Slide
- D – Sandy
- E – Pool Noodle
- F – Flip Flop
- G – Beachy
- H – Jumprope
- I – Leafy
- J – Bicycle
- K – Thunder
- L – Sunglasses
- M – Grass
- N – Popsicle
- O – Roller Coaster
- P – Vacation
- Q – Lake
- R – Canoe
- S – Festival
- T – SPF
- U – Forest
- V – Starry
- W – Zipline
- X – Hiking
- Y – Nature
- Z – Explorer
- January – Shorts
- February – Backpack
- March – Surfer
- April – Frisbee
- May – Speedboat/li>
- June – Water Bottle
- July – Lightning
- August – Firecracker
- September – Hummingbird
- October – Sprinkler
- November – Hopscotch
- December – Picnic
It’s heating up fast outside and soon it’ll be vacation time. Get ready by grabbing your sweetest swimwear, favorite flip flops, coolest sidewalk chalk, and brand-new SUMMER NAME! What’s your new, wacky summer name? Share it in the Comments below!
See ya around,
En-Szu, a.k.a. Pool Noodle Surfer
Q: Which character are you more like in real life, either Max or Shred?
Johnny: Honestly, I do find myself a lot like my character, Max. He’s a very athletic person and I play a lot of sports. He’s a very charming person and I’ve been told that I’m very charming in interviews. He’s a really enthusiastic and upbeat person and I’m a really high-energy person as well, which really helps me playing the character. And he’s a really physical person. I use a lot of my physical presence when I’m speaking as well. I’m not like Max intelligence-wise. I do very well in school and I always strive for good grades. Max, he kind of struggles in that field of education but he’s a socially smart person, not really a book smart person. I use a lot of the same terminology as he does, like “bro” and “sick.”
Jake: I have a very good time playing Shred, but I think I’m actually like a mix of them. I have some Max and some Alvin traits. I guess probably slightly more Max maybe, but I’m very, very like both of them. I have lots of friends. I kind of like school, but not as much as Alvin and I don’t do science experiments at home. I think I’m a mix of the two. Continue reading
Ricky Ricotta loves his Mighty Robot, but sometimes it’s hard having a best friend who is so BIG! If only his Mighty Robot had someone his own size to play with, Ricky could have some fun by himself. Little does Ricky know, his wish is about to come true. Ugly Uncle Unicorn is hatching a hideous plan to take over Earth, and he’s got a super-sized surprise for Ricky and his Robot friend!
Click here to learn more, make your own robot, watch cool videos, and more!
Ricky Ricotta’s Mighty Robot vs. the Uranium Unicorns From Uranus will be available in July, 2015.
- TRUE or FALSE? Soccer cleats and baseball cleats are the same.
- The World Cup (the world championship of soccer) is played every ________ years?
- Who won the 2014 World Cup? A) Brazil B) Argentina C) Germany D) United States
- What is it called when you hit the soccer ball with your head?
- In soccer rules, what does it mean if the referee shows you a red card?
- The handsome and ridiculously talented Cristiano Ronaldo is from what country?
- Americans call it soccer, but what is this sport called in most other countries around the world? (Hint: It is not called “soccer” in England.)
- In youth soccer, what do the terms U-8 and U-10 mean?
- Only 1 player on the soccer field is allowed to touch the ball with his or her hands. What is this player called?
- How many players from each team are on the soccer field at a time?
Scroll down to see the answers. Continue reading
. . . a sock without its match.
. . . a day without a friend.
. . . a rainstorm without a rainbow.
Ok. You’ve come to grips with the news, sort of. Zayn Malik has left One Direction.
Some of you are devastated he left the band. Some of you understand that he wants to live like a normal 22-year-old. Some of you are skeptical and feel betrayed after his first solo song was leaked just a week after leaving the band. And . . . Some of you don’t really care.
Well, whatever side you’re on, we’re about to hit you with a Writing Prompt that you’ll want to answer! Pour out your feelings . . . or non-feelings . . . and complete this sentence in your own unique way.
One Direction without Zayn is like . . .
We can’t wait to see YOUR Direction in the Comments below!
-Ratha, STACKS Writer
Zayn Malik photo courtesy of Sony Pictures.
If you love Zendaya, then you must read this interview. It’s kind of long, but she talks about everything! She talks about the weird thing that she’s afraid of, her 7th grade eyebrow disaster, going to high school with an 8-year-old, and her advice for girls.
Q: How would you describe K. C.?
Zendaya: K. C. is just a regular girl. What I think is so exciting about her is the fact that she’s just a regular teenager who was put in this really irregular type situation and lifestyle, and I think she kind of just has to make the best out of it. But I love the fact that she’s kind of awkward. She’s not the coolest person in school. She’s not very popular, but is able to be cool and popular through her spy work. She’s able to use all these things that kind of made her nerdy. Continue reading