June 3, 2015
Lucy Longwhiskers Gets Lost (for ages 7-10)
It’s the first day of vacation, and best friends Lily and Jess are ready for adventure! Lily’s parents run the Helping Paw Wildlife Hospital and the girls love to help take care of all the animals. However, some other animals also need their help . . .
When Goldie the golden cat invites the girls to visit magical Friendship Forest, Jess and Lily are thrilled to meet – and talk to! – their new animal friends. But greedy witch Grizelda wants the forest all for herself. When Grizelda’s helpers kidnap Lucy Longwhiskers, a baby bunny, it’s up to Lily and Jess to rescue Lucy and defend the forest!
With the help of Goldie, a clever owl, and their own wits, the girls are up for the challenge. But rescue missions aren’t easy. Sometimes, it takes more than determination to save the day. Sometimes, it takes a little bit of friendship and a big pinch of magic.
See what happens next in the Magic Animal Friends series!
June 2, 2015
CreekClimbing11′s Book List of Summer Reading
It finally feels like summer and CreekClimbing11 has created an awesome list of books for you to read. While you’re reading, don’t forget to log your minutes in the Summer Reading Challenge and enter for a chance to win prizes!
Ok, so for me, school is over. I know you probably have school books to read. I do too, but here is a list of books to read over the summer that I and my friends have enjoyed. Continue reading
June 1, 2015
How sorry do you feel for Emma Rose’s dog in this photo? Leave your caption in the Comments!
May 29, 2015
Meet EMILIA McCARTHY and SAARA CHAUDRY from Max & Shred!
Last week we introduced you to Jake and Johnny from the Nickelodeon show Max & Shred. This week, we have an interview with the girls who play Abby and Howie on the show.
Q: What is your favorite Max & Shred episode so far?
Emilia: I had to wear a Yeti suit. After watching it and all the hard work that we put into that episode and then seeing it, it definitely paid off. So it’s really funny. It was boiling, and on set it’s already really hot because of the lights and it was summertime. So, yeah, I don’t think I’ve ever sweat so much in my entire life. Continue reading
May 27, 2015
It’s practically summer, and that means you can read all the books you want! YAY! But how do you decide which books to choose? Well, STACKS Staffer Sandy created this helpful graphic. Take a look and find out which books you should read this summer.
And don’t forget to log your minutes in the Summer Reading Challenge!
May 26, 2015
PurpleWizard50 created a quiz to help you answer the question: What Should You Do This Summer?
1. Yay! It’s finally summer! What do you want to do? a) Check out some sunny beaches. b) Stay at home and read. c) Go to a new and exotic city. d) Visit your friends and relatives.
2. Wow! It’s burning out there! What do you do to cool off? a) Take a dive in an outdoor swimming pool. b) Sit in front of the A/C until your teeth freeze. c) Run through the sprinkler with a home-made paper fan. d) Head to your bestie’s place for a movie marathon in her air-conditioned basement.
3. What’s your favorite summer treat? a) Ice cream sundaes. b) Fresh fruit juice smoothies. c) Icy cold “mocktails.” d) Those twin Popsicles.
4. How would you describe yourself? a) Sporty and fun. b) Bookworm-y and quiet. c) Unique and artsy. d) Social and a great BFF.
5. What is your favorite hobby? a) Playing sports and swimming. b) Reading and being alone. c) Painting or drawing. d) Hanging with your bestie.
Results! Continue reading
May 25, 2015
What’s Your Summer Name?
Do y’all remember the fantabulous Winter Name Generator? Well, it’s definitely not winter anymore, so it’s time for new names. I’m thinking that it’s time for . . . SUMMER NAMES!!! Introducing the wonderfully weird and wonky Summer Name Generator! (This is version 2.0. If you want two special summer names, you should try out last summer’s, too!).
Here’s how the Summer Name Generator works. Find the first initial of your first name in the list below. That word is your summer first name. Then look at the list of the months below and find the month of your birthday. That word is your summer last name. For example, my name begins with an E and my birthday is in March, so my new summer name would be Pool Noodle Surfer. I’m into it!
- A – Sunny
- B – Sunshine
- C – Water Slide
- D – Sandy
- E – Pool Noodle
- F – Flip Flop
- G – Beachy
- H – Jumprope
- I – Leafy
- J – Bicycle
- K – Thunder
- L – Sunglasses
- M – Grass
- N – Popsicle
- O – Roller Coaster
- P – Vacation
- Q – Lake
- R – Canoe
- S – Festival
- T – SPF
- U – Forest
- V – Starry
- W – Zipline
- X – Hiking
- Y – Nature
- Z – Explorer
- January – Shorts
- February – Backpack
- March – Surfer
- April – Frisbee
- May – Speedboat/li>
- June – Water Bottle
- July – Lightning
- August – Firecracker
- September – Hummingbird
- October – Sprinkler
- November – Hopscotch
- December – Picnic
It’s heating up fast outside and soon it’ll be vacation time. Get ready by grabbing your sweetest swimwear, favorite flip flops, coolest sidewalk chalk, and brand-new SUMMER NAME! What’s your new, wacky summer name? Share it in the Comments below!
See ya around,
En-Szu, a.k.a. Pool Noodle Surfer
May 22, 2015
Meet JOHNNY GRAY and JAKE GOODMAN from Max & Shred!
Q: Which character are you more like in real life, either Max or Shred?
Johnny: Honestly, I do find myself a lot like my character, Max. He’s a very athletic person and I play a lot of sports. He’s a very charming person and I’ve been told that I’m very charming in interviews. He’s a really enthusiastic and upbeat person and I’m a really high-energy person as well, which really helps me playing the character. And he’s a really physical person. I use a lot of my physical presence when I’m speaking as well. I’m not like Max intelligence-wise. I do very well in school and I always strive for good grades. Max, he kind of struggles in that field of education but he’s a socially smart person, not really a book smart person. I use a lot of the same terminology as he does, like “bro” and “sick.”
Jake: I have a very good time playing Shred, but I think I’m actually like a mix of them. I have some Max and some Alvin traits. I guess probably slightly more Max maybe, but I’m very, very like both of them. I have lots of friends. I kind of like school, but not as much as Alvin and I don’t do science experiments at home. I think I’m a mix of the two. Continue reading
May 20, 2015
Ricky Ricotta and His Mighty Robot are back in a brand new, out-of-this-world adventure!
Ricky Ricotta loves his Mighty Robot, but sometimes it’s hard having a best friend who is so BIG! If only his Mighty Robot had someone his own size to play with, Ricky could have some fun by himself. Little does Ricky know, his wish is about to come true. Ugly Uncle Unicorn is hatching a hideous plan to take over Earth, and he’s got a super-sized surprise for Ricky and his Robot friend!
Click here to learn more, make your own robot, watch cool videos, and more!
Ricky Ricotta’s Mighty Robot vs. the Uranium Unicorns From Uranus will be available in July, 2015.
May 19, 2015
We are kicking off with some regulation Soccer Trivia! See how well you score . . .
- TRUE or FALSE? Soccer cleats and baseball cleats are the same.
- The World Cup (the world championship of soccer) is played every ________ years?
- Who won the 2014 World Cup? A) Brazil B) Argentina C) Germany D) United States
- What is it called when you hit the soccer ball with your head?
- In soccer rules, what does it mean if the referee shows you a red card?
- The handsome and ridiculously talented Cristiano Ronaldo is from what country?
- Americans call it soccer, but what is this sport called in most other countries around the world? (Hint: It is not called “soccer” in England.)
- In youth soccer, what do the terms U-8 and U-10 mean?
- Only 1 player on the soccer field is allowed to touch the ball with his or her hands. What is this player called?
- How many players from each team are on the soccer field at a time?
Scroll down to see the answers. Continue reading