Last week, we had a British Invasion with British Children's Author Trivia! How many authors and books did you know? Check out the answers below.
- Name the author and book this quote is from:
“The scar had not pained Harry for 19 years. All was well.”
ANSWER: J.K. Rowling and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
- Name the author and book that features a golden ticket, some Oompa Loompas, and lots of chocolate.
ANSWER: Roald Dahl and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- Name the author and book series that takes place in Narnia?
ANSWER: C.S. Lewis and The Chronicles of Narnia.
- Name the author who wrote this line:
“Edward Bear, known to his friends as Winnie the Pooh, or Pooh for short, was walking through the forest one day humming proudly to himself.”
ANSWER: A.A. Milne.
- This famous author lived from 1858-1924 and wrote several classics including The Enchanted Castle, The Railway Children, and The House of Arden. Her first name was Edith but she went by the initial “E” when publishing her first name.
ANSWER: E. Nesbit.
- Dick King-Smith is the British known for his book about a pig who wants to be a sheepdog. It was made into a movie. Name the book AND the movie if you can.
ANSWER: The book was Babe the Gallant Pig, and the movie was shortened to Babe.
- Some say this British author paved the way for J.K. Rowling with her exotic worlds of ghosts, wizards, and mermaids in books like Journey to the River Sea and The Secret of Platform 13. Her most recent page-turner was One Dog and His Boy – a must read for dog lovers!
ANSWER: Eva Ibbotson
- This author is best known for her books featuring those mischievous bunnies Flopsy, Mopsy, Cotton-tail, and Peter.
ANSWER: Beatrix Potter
- Name the book series and the author that features Lyra and her daemon, an armored bear, and “dust” sucked out of the sky.
ANSWER: His Dark Materials and Philip Pullman. (one of my fave series!)
- Writer of the Alex Rider series, name this author AND another one of his famous series.
ANSWER: Anthony Horowitz. The Power of 5 series, The Diamond Brother series, The Gatekeepers.
I could go on and on – those Brits are brilliant! See you next week for more Trivia Tuesday! Cheers!
—Ratha, Stacks Writer