February 29, 2016 is Leap Day!
In honor of Leap Day on February 29th, I posted a Leap Year Trivia Quiz because a day this special only comes around every 4 years! Check out the answers below to see how your Leap Day learning stacks up.
- How many days long is a leap year?
ANSWER: 366 days!
- What year is the next leap year?
- If you were born on February 29, on which day would you celebrate your birthday during a non-leap year when February only has 28 days?
ANSWER: Feb. 28th or March 1st. However, if you are getting your driver’s license for the first time, most states make you wait until March 1st!
- If you were born in 2004, your actual age may be 12, but what is your leap year age?
ANSWER: 3 because this is only the third leap year since 2004!! Try telling your mom this the next time you don’t want to do your homework. “But mom, I’m only 3 years old. I shouldn’t have to do homework!”
- The chance of being born on a leap day are:
A. 1 out of 24 B. 1 out of 99 C. 1 out of 1,461 D. 1 out of 1 million
ANSWER: 1 out of 1,461
- People born on leap days are called:
A. Leapfrogs B. Weirdos C. Leaplings D. Leap-Lips
- Which famous ancient Roman ruler introduced the first leap day back in 45 BCE?
ANSWER: Julius Caesar
Do you do anything special to celebrate Leap Day? Drop a line in the Comments below. And enjoy this February 29th. It will not be back around again for 1,460 more days!
— Ratha, STACKS Writer