Inauguration Day Trivia Quiz Answers
To celebrate President Obama's and Vice President Biden's Inauguration Day, we posted an Inauguration Day Trivia Quiz. How well did you stack up? Answers are below!
- Who was the first President to be inaugurated? (Kind of a trick question!)
ANSWER: George Washington. He WAS the first President after all!
- Which President was inaugurated the most times?
ANSWER: Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Before term limits were imposed, he was elected President and inaugurated 4 times, in 1933, 1937, 1941, and 1945.
- During the ceremony, the President being inaugurated puts one hand on which book?
ANSWER: The Holy Bible. It is open to a passage of the President-elect’s choice.
- President Obama will be which President of the United States?
ANSWER: B) 44th!
- Which President’s Inauguration was the first to be broadcast on the internet? A) Abraham Lincoln
B) Thomas Jefferson
C) Richard Nixon
D) Bill Clinton
ANSWER: D) Bill Clinton, the second time he was inaugurated, in 1997.
- What is the big party called that happens after the Inauguration?
ANSWER: The Inaugural Ball. There are usually lots of Inaugural Balls, but only one official one held at the Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C. The President and his family always make an appearance, and the First Lady usually debuts a fashionable new gown that is all the big news the next day. Ooh la la!
- In the U.S. a Presidential Inauguration happens how often?
ANSWER: Every 4 years when a new President is elected, or current President begins another term.
- The President’s Inaugural Address speech is usually about:
A) his favorite songs, sports, and movies
B) how bad the other candidates were, and how he rocks
C) his goals for the nation, and his vision for the coming term
ANSWER: C) His goals for the nation!
- Which of the following performers is NOT scheduled to perform at the inaugural festivities of President Obama? A) Katy Perry B) Beyonce C) One Direction D) Usher
ANSWER: C) One Direction. Sorry, Directioners!
—Ratha, Stacks Writer