It’s hurricane season again. Flooding, downed power lines, damage and loss of houses and belongings, these are some of the devastating effects of hurricanes. But what is the science behind them? What IS actually a hurricane? What causes them? Test your knowledge of hurricanes with our Trivia Quiz.
- When does the Atlantic hurricane season begin and end on the East Coast?
- Many of the worst hurricanes in U.S. history have all taken place within the same two weeks of every year. What is this peak date?
- Why do East Coast U.S. hurricanes typically only happen in late summer?
- How fast can hurricanes travel?
- What is the difference between a hurricane and a typhoon?
- Which is worse: a Category 1 storm or a Category 5 storm?
- How do hurricanes get their names?
- What will the next hurricane’s name be?
- Which past hurricane name will never be used again?
Leave your answers to the Trivia Quiz in the Comments below, and click here for the answers and some more fascinating hurricane facts.
- Ratha, Stacks Writer