Feliz Navidad! Happy Hanukkah! Celebrate Kwanzaa! Let the party begin! Kids everywhere are celebrating winter holidays, all over the country, and all over the world. Test your international knowledge in our Holiday Traditions Quiz. We’ll list the holiday tradition, and you guess the country it comes from. Some questions have more than 1 correct answer because they are celebrated in lots of countries.
- In this country, kids put wooden shoes outside their doors on December 6th, and find little gifts in them when they wake up in the morning. (More than 1 answer is correct!)
- In which country is Santa Claus called “Dun Che Lao Ren?”
- In which country did Hanukkah (also known as the Festival of Lights) originate?
- Kwanzaa celebrates the first harvests on which continent?
- In this Asian country, New Year’s Eve is called Omisoka. It is the second most important holiday of the year after New Year’s Day.
- In this country, Boxing Day marks the custom of giving Christmas boxes containing food or money to family servants or workers. (More than 1 answer)
- On the fifth day of Diwali (also also known as the Festival of Lights), brothers give gifts to their sisters. In what country did Diwali originate?
- On December 13 in this country, girls dress up as St. Lucia and wear a crown of candles on their heads. (More than 1 answer)
- Las Posadas, a reenactment of Mary and Joseph’s search for lodging before the baby Jesus was born, is celebrated in which country? (More than 1 answer)
Ho-ho-hope you have luck with the Trivia Quiz! Leave your guesses in the Comments and check your answers.
— Ratha, Stacks Writer