November 19, 2010. Or as many of us like to call it, the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I release date! To get you in the mood for Harry dropping out of Hogwarts and hunting down all the Horcruxes to destroy Voldemort once and for all. . . we thought we’d challenge you to a duel on our Harry Potter website. Wield your wands for this cyber-scavenger hunt (your mouse even turns into a wand!). You’ll find the answers by exploring around the different sections on the Harry Potter site. But be warned: it’s addictive. You might lose yourself in its deep dark confines.
Tip: Year 1 = Sorcerer’s Stone, Year 2 = Chamber of Secrets, and so on.
- Based on your personality profile, what house would the Sorting Hat put you in? (Hint: Browse the Year 1 section).
- According to the Glossary, which wizarding sweets are known to burn holes in your tongue?
- In Year 3 when you unlock the magic, you can do what?
- Moody’s Magical Trunk in Year 4 is totally addictive! You have to open the trunk by playing a game. Then you can listen to Q&A’s with J.K. Rowling! If you play enough times, you may find the answer to this Q: Why did Olivander choose phoenix feather, unicorn hair, and dragon heartstring for his wands?
- What is your answer to today’s poll?
- In what game do you cast the Expecto Patronum spell with your wand, and repel a dementor?
- Who is your Patronus? (Hint: check out Year 3).
- In what “Year” on the site does your mouse turn into a wand and you can create magical effects?
- According to the Quiz in Year 4, what is the password to the Prefects’ bathroom in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire?
So scavenge around, sharpen your wizarding smarts, and let us know your answers in the Comments. Then check your answers.
—Ratha, Stacks Writer