Last week I posted a Harry Potter Scavenger Hunt. The Harry Potter website is newly redesigned with a magical new vibe, just in time for the 7th movie – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part I. So how did you guys fare on the scavenger hunt? Answers are below!
1. What house would the Sorting Hat put you in? (Hint: Browse the Year 1 section).
ANSWER:There is no wrong answer! (I am in Ravenclaw.)
2. According to the Glossary, which wizarding sweets are known to burn holes in your tongue? ANSWER: Acid Pops. Available at Honeyduke’s in Hogsmeade.
3. In Year 3 when you unlock the magic, you can do what?
ANSWER: Create your own creature! Mine was a large furry thing with purple eyes, who roared and flew in the sky.
4. Moody’s Magical Trunk in Year 4 is totally addictive! You have to open the trunk by playing a game. Then you can listen to Q&A’s with J.K. Rowling! If you play enough times, you may find the answer to this Q: Why did Olivander choose phoenix feather, unicorn hair, and dragon heartstring for his wands?
ANSWER: Because these were the three most powerful substances.
5. What is your answer to today’s poll?
ANSWER: All answers are correct! It’s your opinion!
6. In what game do you cast the Expecto Patronum spell with your wand, and repel a dementor? ANSWER: Repel a Dementor. Find this game in the Year 5 section of the site.
7. Who is your Patronus? (Hint: check out Year 3).
ANSWER: No wrong answer! My Patronus happens to be a dog.
8. In what “Year” on the site does your mouse turn into a wand and you can create magical effects?
ANSWER: Year 1.
9. According to the Quiz in Year 4, what is the password to the Prefects’ bathroom in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire?
ANSWER: Pine Fresh.
10. In what year can you create your own creature? (Hint: Click “Unlock the Magic.”)
Pining for more Potter? Join the discussion on the Harry Potter message board. That just might do the trick! Until next time!
—Ratha, Stacks Writer