Welcome to 2009! Well, almost.
Here at The Splot, we're following in that age-old tradition of making new year's resolutions. Here's how some of us are planning to improve ourselves as soon as the clock strikes midnight. Or, well, maybe starting the next day. Or next week . . . But we'll get around to it — we swear!
- Learn to love animated movies. I don’t like talking animals, but I know I’m missing out on some quality films by being stubborn. So in 2009, I vow to watch more animation — and already, I can’t wait for the upcoming Coraline!
- Run! I have a secret goal to run a marathon some day. But to do that, I need to practice.
- Visit a new country. Every year, I try to go someplace new — in 2008, it was Ecuador! — and I think in 2009, it will be Greece.
Take a yoga class.
- Don't wait until the last minute to buy Christmas presents. (Of course, I say that now, but I'm sure I'll forget about this one by the spring.)
- Be more organized. (Seriously, you should see my closet. It's like a WALL-E world in there.)
- Keep my Zac Efron shrine neat and tidy. (No, seriously.)
- No more losing my voice for more than four days at a time! I can only be a mute for so long!
- Just say no to my friends when they try to set me up with one of their guy friends.
- Study, study, study! And when I'm not studying, I should be thinking about studying! (I'm taking the GREs — Graduate Record Examination. It’s all those fun subjects everyone loves: vocabulary, arithmetic, grammar, geometry, etc., etc! NOT!)
- Learn to write with my left hand and left foot. I’ll save my right foot for next year.
- Become much more tolerant of a couple of my strongest adversaries in life: onions and laundry.
- Improve my handwriting (since I’ve been nonstop typing for 10 years, it’s gotten pretty bad).
- Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro — I'll be training to climb Kilimanjaro for most of the year and, with any luck, in August I'll get all the way up.
- Learn the banjo — I've wanted to learn the banjo for about a year. This year, I'd like to spend the time to get really good at it.
- Reacquaint myself with my yoga mat. I used to be a Vinyasa diva, but now I’m miles away from touching my toes.
- I want to try something new each week — new food, new way to work, new vocabulary word — whatever.
- I purchase way too many books and then horde them like a little child. I need to make better use of my local library and give away books that I’ve read to people who will love them too.
- Decide once and for all on my top three PASSWORDS to use for 2009 and start my social networking off right!
- Avoid all Styrofoam cups, as they are not biodegradable and that is lame!
- Text my parents more to let them know where I am.
- Update my avatar with all those new background choices!
- Tell all my friends about THE STACKS!
- Spend less time >:-( and more time LOL!
What about you? What are YOUR new year's resolutions?
With wishes for a wonderful 2009,
The Ink Splot 26 team