You readers are no slouches, you know that? I issued what I thought was some pretty tough book trivia, and soooo many of you got soooo many answers correct. Congratulations! I hereby award each of you a “Smarty Pants” ribbon to hang around your neck. (It’s invisible. Wear it well.)
But there was only one commenter who could be first: an extra special shout-out to BLUECOOKIEDOUGH for being the first commenter to respond with the correct answers to all five questions!
Still jonesing for the answers? Here you go:
1. “The sun sets in the west (just about everyone knows that) but Sunset Towers faced East. Strange!” My all-time favorite book: The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
2. “Mrs. Gorf had a long tongue and pointed ears.” A classic: Sideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar
3. “I have been accused of being anal retentive, an overachiever and a compulsive perfectionist, like those are bad things.” A hilarious read: Millicent Min, Girl Genius by Lisa Yee
4. “There is no lake at Camp Green Lake.” A must-read (and a great movie!): Holes by Louis Sachar
5. “Five minutes before she died, Grace Cahill changed her will.” With 10 books, trading cards, and an online game, you’ll be hooked: The 39 Clues book #1 The Maze of Bones
Good work, all! Until next time!
— Morgan, Scholastic staffer