Earth Day is April 22, so let’s think about ways we can make the planet more “green.” Today’s post is about how to make your school more environmentally friendly.
Try these tips today!
- Turn off the lights in the classroom when you don’t need them.
- Don’t throw away any paper until you have used both sides.
- Don’t throw away any paper at all. Recycle it!
- Bring a zero-waste lunch to school – everything in reusable containers so you don’t throw away any plastic when you’re done with it.
- Ask your principal to lower the thermostat by 1 degree in the winter to save on heating.
Do you have other ways to improve the green factor at school? Leave your awesome ideas in the Comments and in the Save the Planet Message Board!