You don’t even have to open a Goosebumps book to know that it’s going to be scary. The cover of You Can’t Scare Me creeps me out so much I don’t want to read it! You can expect a twist and turn on every page of a Goosebumps book, but if you are a real Goosebumps fan, there are certain tell-tale signs that you share with other people who live and breathe the horror-filled world of Goosebumps.
You know you’re a truly obsessed fan of Goosebumps when . . .
- you won’t buy a Halloween mask because you are afraid it won’t come off once you put it on.
- if anything strange happens during play rehearsal, you automatically blame it on the new boy in town.
- vacation to Egypt is totally out of the question; no way you’re going ANYWHERE near mummies!
- on the full moon, you look for signs that your new friend might be a werewolf.
- you won’t go near dummies or dolls because you’re afraid they’ll come to life!!!
- it seems quite possible that your boarding school is hiding aliens.
- you are SURE the plants in the backyard are talking to you.
- you know better than to mess with a cuckoo clock.
- the words “Yohhhhhhh Spirits!” send shivers up your spine.
So, are you obsessed with Goosebumps? Tell us how you recognize another Goosebumps fan in the Comments below!!!
—Elysse, STACKS Writer