Last week in honor of International Left-Handers Day, I posted a Quiz on famous left-handed people. Did you get all the answers yourself, or did you need a . . . hand? (Insert LAUGH here)
Answers are below:
- Name our current Commander in Chief, who happens to be a left-hander.
ANSWER: Barack Obama
- This famous Adventures of Tom Sawyer author was a lefty.
ANSWER: Mark Twain
- The lead singer of the band Coldplay is actually ambidextrous. He writes with his left hand, and draws with his right hand.
ANSWER: Chris Martin
- This famous New York Yankees player known as "The Babe" was left-handed.
ANSWER: Babe Ruth
- He painted the Sistine Chapel and sculpted "David" during the Italian Renaissance with his left hand.
- He was invented the "Model T" back in 1908, which was the first Ford car.
ANSWER: Henry Ford
- This "Baby" singer swears to "Never Say Never."
ANSWER: Justin Bieber
BONUS QUESTION: Lefties account for what percent of the human population?
A. 10% B. 25% C. 40%
ANSWER: A. Only 10%. And this number has remained steady for more than 10,000 years!
Are you one of the 10% of humans who is left-handed? Represent and show your Lefty pride in the Comments. And give yourself a hand! Right or left, it’s your choice. Until next time.
—Ratha, Stacks Writer