Personality Quiz: What Constellation Are You?
A constellation is a group of stars that, when you connect the dots, forms a shape (like the Big Dipper). In honor of this year’s Reading Under the Stars Summer Reading Challenge, we’ve put together a personality quiz to let you know what constellation you are! Most constellations are based on legends, so you’ll also learn the mythology behind the stars. Are you the largest constellation in the sky? Or do you have the brightest stars? Take this quiz to find out, and then try to spot your constellation in the sky this summer!
- Sometimes you wonder . . . A) what it would be like to live in a cave in the mountains! B) how many pets you could fit in your house. C) why humans can’t breathe underwater. D) where the time goes when you are reading!
- Choose one of the following animals. A) Lion. B) Scorpion. C) Fish. D) Snake.
- Your favorite summer activity is . . . A) going for a hike. B) visiting the zoo. C) swimming. D) camping.
- Choose an adjective. A) Courageous. B) Caring. C) Free-flowing. D) Swift.
- If you could spend a day with one of these celebrities, it would be . . . A) Leo Howard. B) Dove Cameron. C) Michael Phelps. D) Ariana Grande.
- Choose a season. A) summer. B) fall. C) spring. D) winter.
- You would be most surprised if . . . A) a volcano popped up in your backyard. B) you saw a gargantuan spider rescue a cat from a tree. C) fish grew legs and walked out of the ocean. D) your little sister brought home a baby crocodile as a pet.
- Your favorite method of transportation is . . . A) walking on foot. B) by horseback. C) by boat. D) by airplane.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, it would be to. . . A) Africa. B) Brazil. C) Hawai’i. D) Tasmania.
Are you ready? Count up your answers to discover what constellation you are!
If you answered mostly A’s, you are . . . Leo!
Leo was one of the earliest identified constellations and is represented with a lion. Legend says that the lion can’t be wounded by weapons and is the ultimate warrior! So… you are a quick-on-your-toes adventurer and a fearless explorer. You dream of becoming a leader!
If you answered mostly B’s, you are . . . Scorpius!
Scorpius is one of the brightest constellations in the sky. According to mythology, Scorpius defeated Orion, who had declared he was going to kill every animal on earth. This makes you an animal lover! You’re probably not even afraid of bugs!
If you answered mostly C’s, you are . . . Pisces!
You probably love to swim and enjoy trips to the aquarium. Pisces is Latin for fish. Based on Greek legend, Aphrodite and Eros escaped a monster by turning themselves into fish. So they wouldn’t lose each other in the sea, they tied their fish tails together with a rope!
If you answered mostly D’s, you are . . . Hydra!
Hydra the snake is the largest of the modern constellations. When Apollo was served a snake in his cup of water, he got so angry that he cast the serpent up into the sky where it became the constellation Hydra. You’re quiet and stealthy just like a snake. Also like a snake, you sometimes have eyes bigger than your stomach when it comes to your appetite!
Marisa, STACKS Intern