I would love to interview Thorn from Jeff Smith’s Bone series, mostly because I have a huge crush on her. If I ever got the opportunity, I would probably ask these three questions:
1. How’d you get so be so pretty?
2. Is it hard being awesome?
OK, no, seriously . . . Bone is a great series, and Thorn is a very strong, very complex character.
1. Life has gotten pretty complicated for you recently. You went from being a simple, happy-go-lucky farm girl to heir to the throne of a powerful kingdom. Do you miss your old life? Or is being a princess fun?
2. Who do you think would win in a fight: Gran’ma Ben or the Great Red Dragon?
3. How did you keep from strangling Phoney Bone? He was so greedy and mean, and he never cared about anyone but himself — even when the fate of the entire world was on the line.
What do you guys think she’d say? And what would you ask her if you got the chance?
— Jack, STACKS Intern
Illustration copyright 2004 Jeff Smith. BONE is a registered trademark of Jeff Smith.