10 Best Gifts to Give and Get!
Happy Holidays! You’re making a list and checking it twice. You’re pretty sure you’ve been less naughty and more nice. So you should be in good shape. But wait – what’s even on your list? And what will you be giving? In case you need some ideas, we’ve compiled a list of our Top 10 Best Gifts to Give and Get for 2015. Drum roll please . . .
1. A pet! Always a big request, but animal rights groups advise against giving a live animal on Christmas Day. Giving a leash, or a good book on caring for the animal is a better idea for the actual day. Then you and your family can take the time to choose the right pet for you, and you can learn about the responsibility that goes into it! (There’s also Zoomer Zuppies, the Interactive Puppy which has been pretty popular.)
Two-Wheels Mini Hover Smart Self Balancing Scooters for Kids
2. Mini Hoverboard. These self-balancing motorboards seem like they’re straight from the future! They respond to your body’s slightest motions to move, but they don’t come cheap. ($400! Beware of the cheaper ones. Air Runner hoverboards were just recalled in Britain for safety concerns.) And you will definitely need a helmet, elbow pads, and knee pads when you ride it.
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE: Never charge your hoverboard overnight or when you are not there because it could catch fire. And always give your hoverboard time to cool off after charging. Make sure your hoverboard is from a reputable brand and has a warranty. And read the safety instructions very carefully!!
3. Anything Star Wars. With the movie coming out on December 18, LEGO bricks, t-shirts, action figures, stuffed animals, and light sabers will all be popular. The Force is strong this season.
4. Shopkins. Already on Season 3, these tiny creatures have taken over. From the actual figures to the Ice Cream Truck and Supermarket Playset, you’re gonna need a bigger toy box. And they won’t break the bank. Look for Ultra Rare ones like Sugar Lump, Kooky Cookie, and Mandy Candy.
Hasbro Pie Face game
5.NERF Gun. OK, you are absolutely not allowed to shoot it AT PEOPLE, but for target practice, you can’t beat a NERF gun. Set up some cans and see how many you can knock down with the squishy “bullets.”
6.Spin Master QUICK CUPS Game. Super fun, quick, family board game. Draw a card, stack your colored cups to match the card, and ring the buzzer first.
7. Any Smartphone. Hey, a kid can dream, right?
8. Pie Face Game. (I am totally giving this one!) A hilarious board game where you could potentially, at any moment, get hit with a pie in the face.
© 2015 The LEGO Group; © DC Comics. THE LEGO MOVIE © WBEI. © New Line; © Universal Studios and U-Drive Joint Venture.
9. LEGO Dimensions Video Game (rated E10+). For Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, Playstation 3 and 4. Following in the footsteps of Skylanders . . . it’s heeeere! Build the LEGO Gateway and then play the game starring Batman, Gandalf, and Wyldstyle. Expansion packs include Emmet, Cragger, and many other LEGO characters.
10. Cookies! Who doesn’t love to get holiday cookies or make holiday cookies? Make your favorites, or be creative, and watch your friends’ and family’s faces light up as they gush over how awesome a baker you are. Package them in cute holiday bags or boxes, and cover them with Hershey’s Kisses for maximum gift-giving effect. And Rice Krispie Treats totally count.
What are YOUR best gifts to give and receive? Let us know your faves in the Comments below. Happy holidays!
-Ratha, STACKS Writer