November 28, 2014
Ho-Ho-Holiday Specials: Would You Rather
Not only is December the time for holiday cheer, it’s also the time for awesome TV! I always look forward to those favorite old holiday TV specials that make me want to cozy up in a blanket with my hot chocolate in one hand, and the remote control in the other.
From the Grinch to Charlie Brown to Frosty, I could get lost in the world of holiday TV specials. In the spirit of the holiday season, let’s deck the halls Would You Rather style. So check out the below and let us know . . . Would You Rather . . .
November 4, 2014
Girl Meets World Would You Rather
We recently interviewed Rowan Blanchard and Sabrina Carpenter from the Disney Channel show Girl Meets World, and judging from your Comments, we know you can’t get enough!
I used to love the show Boy Meets World which featured Riley’s parents Corey and Topanga as kids, and now I love Girl Meets World just as much. It follows Corey and Topanga’s daughter, Riley who is in 7th grade, and her best friend Maya. Riley is funky and artistic, but also very academic. Maya is more street-smart, pretty, and popular. Like Boy Meets World, it has a good story with a bit of a lesson at the end. Are you guys hooked? Then get ready to meet . . .Girl Meets World Would You Rather!
Inspired by the show, would you rather . . . Continue reading
October 28, 2014
Taylor Swift ROCKS Would You Rather!
The youngest singer EVER to win a Grammy for Album of the Year. The only female artist to chart at #1 with three consecutive studio albums. An album on Rolling Stone’s 50 Greatest Albums of All Time list. And . . . she writes her own music. And . . . she has a totally awesome fashion style.
Check Ink Splot 26 very soon to watch an exclusive, up-close and personal chat with Taylor. She’ll share books that have inspired her, how writing has opened her world (a.k.a. becoming a rock star songwriter), and an exclusive never-before-seen video clip!
So with all the Taylor Swift excitement around the STACKS this week, we want to know . . .
Would You Rather…
- Win a trip to see her concert OR win a guitar signed by Taylor Swift?
- Be in the room when Taylor was writing a new song OR when she is making a music video?
- Have Taylor’s long hair OR short bob haircut?
- Have front row seats in a giant concert stadium OR be one of 10 people hearing her play in a private coffee house?
- Have Taylor as your songwriting coach OR your fashion stylist?
- Have Taylor Swift as your BFF OR Ariana Grande? (too hard to choose?!)
- See Taylor guest star on Austin & Ally OR The Thundermans?
- Sing a duet with Taylor in front of your whole school to “Shake It Off” OR “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together”?
We can’t wait to hear what you guys say in the Comments below! Rock on.
Ratha, STACKS Writer
October 14, 2014
Halloween is an important holiday in the Harry Potter books. Have you ever noticed that important events always seem to happen in October in those books? Here are some memorable events from the Harry Potter books that took place in October along with a question for you to ponder:
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: On October 31, a mountain troll attacks Hermione in the girl’s bathroom at Hogwarts. After Ron and Harry help her fight it, the 3 of them become inseparable friends. Would you rather fight a troll or a Dementor? Continue reading
September 23, 2014
It is officially fall!
Yesterday was the September Equinox, when day and night are almost the same length all around the world — about 12 hours. The word “equinox” actually means equal night. So in the Northern Hemisphere, today is officially the first day of autumn. From now until the December Solstice, the days will get shorter and colder.
Would you rather . . .
- Go apple picking OR play in a big pile of leaves?
- Have longer days in summer and shorter days in winter OR have equal days and nights year-round?
- Have 12 hours of sunlight a day OR 20 hours of sunlight a day?
- Live in a place with spectacular fall foliage OR live in a place that is warm year-round?
- Be a cheerleader OR a football player?
- Spend half the year in the Underworld like Persephone OR spend all year in our world?
- Eat mooncakes OR caramel apples?
- Rake leaves for 4 hours OR carry a 10-pound pumpkin across a pumpkin patch?
- Eat a summer-licious ice cream sundae OR a warm, cinnamon-y slice of autumn apple pie?
What are your favorite autumn traditions, or your favorite things about fall? Tell us in the Comments. And take our Autumn Trivia Quiz to test your fall season smarts.
September 16, 2014
Would You Rather Be Hermione Granger?
If you are a Harry Potter fan, then you know that Hermione has been in some very scary situations. Since September 19th is Hermione’s birthday, we’re celebrating with today’s Would You Rather quiz. So raise a glass of butterbeer, and get your wands ready to answer the following questions inspired by Hermione’s adventures!
Would You Rather . . .
- Fight a mountain troll OR a Dementor?
- Go to the Yule Ball with Victor Krum OR Ron Weasley?
- Be the smartest kid in the class like Hermione OR the “chosen one” like Harry?
- Have a cat like Crookshanks OR a rat like Scabbers?
- Be in Ravenclaw OR Hufflepuff? (If you couldn’t be in Gryffindor!)
- Learn spells from Hermione OR learn practical jokes from Fred & George?
- Use a Time-Turner to take extra classes OR just take the normal amount of classes?
- Have a scar on your forehead OR crazy-frizzy hair?
- See Hermione marry Ron OR see Hermione marry Harry? (even J. K. Rowling has mixed feelings on this one!)
Leave your answers (and birthday wishes to Hermione!) in the Comments below!
Ratha, STACKS Writer
August 25, 2014
“It feels like a party every day. Hey, Jessie! Hey, hey, Jessie!” If you recognize this song, then you probably watch the Disney Channel show Jessie.
Start with a small town Texas girl with dreams of the big city . . . add a wealthy, kooky family with 4 totally different kids, and you end up with Jessie. We know you guys are BIG fans and something BIG is supposed to be happening this fall. So to get you in the spirit, Jessie-style, answer the following quiz questions.
Would you rather . . .
1. Be a nanny to Emma, Luke, Ravi, and Zuri in New York City OR baby Prince George in England?
2. Have all of the clothes in Jessie’s closet OR Emma’s closet?
3. Inherit Mr. Kipling OR a giant angry tarantula as your new pet?
4. Vacation in Texas and hang out with cowboys OR California and hang with movie stars?
5. See Jessie fall in love with Tony the doorman OR Ross Lynch from Austin & Ally?
6. Be babysat by Nanny McPhee OR Agatha the evil nanny?
7. Miss a trip to outer space on your birthday OR get stranded in space forever? (like what happened to Ravi in the “Spaced Out” episode)
8. Have Bertram cook you breakfast OR go to IHOP?
Let us know what YOU would rather do, AND if you’ve heard the buzz of what is going to happen this fall!
- Ratha, STACKS Writer
July 21, 2014
Random Would You Rather
Here is a Random Would You Rather from the fabuloso STACKer EarlyFairy3. Leave your answers in the Comments!
- Would you rather kiss a snail OR a frog?
- Would you rather be a successful movie star OR a well-known smart person?
- Would you rather go to the supermarket OR to the mall?
- Would you rather watch the sunset OR the sunrise?
- Would you rather do well in math OR in music?
- Would you rather be a dog OR a cat?
\ Thx, EarlyFairy3
July 14, 2014
Summer Vacation Would You Rather
It’s finally summer! Do you have wonderful plans to celebrate and have a great time on vacation? Think about these questions and leave your answers in the Comments.
Would you rather . . .
- Go away with your family OR friends?
- Educational trip OR fun trip?
- Safari OR boat cruise?
- Road trip OR Let’s just fly and get there already?
- Play games in the car to pass the time? OR just sleep?
- Somewhere tropical OR I don’t care as long as it’s not home?
- Disney World OR Six Flags?
- Horseback riding in Wyoming OR surfing in California?
- Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco OR Statue of Liberty in New York?
- Rodeo in Texas OR jet ski in South Carolina?
- Camp in the rain forest in South America OR the Sahara desert in Africa?
- The coast of Maine OR the Canadian Rockies?
- The Australian bush OR the Caribbean island of St. John?
- The Great Wall of China OR the Pyramids of Egypt?
- Yellowstone National Park OR Everglades National Park?
- Water park OR ocean?
- Aquarium OR drive-through safari?
- Botanical garden OR zoo?
- Stay in touch with a friend you met on vacation OR long-distance relationships don’t work?
- What’s the best part of staying at a hotel? The tiny bottles of shampoo OR room service?
- Wander around the hotel to see what it looks like OR head straight for the pool?
- Go out to dinner at a fancy restaurant OR stay in for room service?
- Take a lot of pictures OR just enjoy the sights?
- Always go to the same place OR somewhere different?
- Family vacations are the best OR Get me home already?
July 8, 2014
Ice Cream Would You Rather
You probably eat plenty of ice cream in the summer, but did you know that July is actually National Ice Cream Month? Not kidding! It all started back in 1984, when President Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month, and the third Sunday of the month as National Ice Cream Day. (In 2014, this awesome day will fall on July 20.) Some ice cream stores will even give away free scoops of ice cream on National Ice Cream Day!
We’re getting into the spirit with a serving of Would You Rather! Ice cream lovers, would you rather . . .
- Vanilla OR chocolate?
- Cup OR cone?
- Sprinkles OR crunchies?
- Regular OR soft serve?
- Dairy Queen OR Ben & Jerry’s?
- Make-your-own-sundae bar OR frozen yogurt?
- Ice cream cake for your birthday OR regular cake?
- Ice pop OR ice cream?
“Scoop up” your answers, and leave them in the Comments below. And tell us how you will celebrate Ice Cream Month this year. Happy summer!
Ratha, STACKS Writer
Image credit Food and Drink/SuperStock