October 14, 2014
Halloween is an important holiday in the Harry Potter books. Have you ever noticed that important events always seem to happen in October in those books? Here are some memorable events from the Harry Potter books that took place in October along with a question for you to ponder:
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: On October 31, a mountain troll attacks Hermione in the girl’s bathroom at Hogwarts. After Ron and Harry help her fight it, the 3 of them become inseparable friends. Would you rather fight a troll or a Dementor? Continue reading
September 23, 2014
It is officially fall!
Yesterday was the September Equinox, when day and night are almost the same length all around the world — about 12 hours. The word “equinox” actually means equal night. So in the Northern Hemisphere, today is officially the first day of autumn. From now until the December Solstice, the days will get shorter and colder.
Would you rather . . .
- Go apple picking OR play in a big pile of leaves?
- Have longer days in summer and shorter days in winter OR have equal days and nights year-round?
- Have 12 hours of sunlight a day OR 20 hours of sunlight a day?
- Live in a place with spectacular fall foliage OR live in a place that is warm year-round?
- Be a cheerleader OR a football player?
- Spend half the year in the Underworld like Persephone OR spend all year in our world?
- Eat mooncakes OR caramel apples?
- Rake leaves for 4 hours OR carry a 10-pound pumpkin across a pumpkin patch?
- Eat a summer-licious ice cream sundae OR a warm, cinnamon-y slice of autumn apple pie?
What are your favorite autumn traditions, or your favorite things about fall? Tell us in the Comments. And take our Autumn Trivia Quiz to test your fall season smarts.
September 16, 2014
Would You Rather Be Hermione Granger?
If you are a Harry Potter fan, then you know that Hermione has been in some very scary situations. Since September 19th is Hermione’s birthday, we’re celebrating with today’s Would You Rather quiz. So raise a glass of butterbeer, and get your wands ready to answer the following questions inspired by Hermione’s adventures!
Would You Rather . . .
- Fight a mountain troll OR a Dementor?
- Go to the Yule Ball with Victor Krum OR Ron Weasley?
- Be the smartest kid in the class like Hermione OR the “chosen one” like Harry?
- Have a cat like Crookshanks OR a rat like Scabbers?
- Be in Ravenclaw OR Hufflepuff? (If you couldn’t be in Gryffindor!)
- Learn spells from Hermione OR learn practical jokes from Fred & George?
- Use a Time-Turner to take extra classes OR just take the normal amount of classes?
- Have a scar on your forehead OR crazy-frizzy hair?
- See Hermione marry Ron OR see Hermione marry Harry? (even J. K. Rowling has mixed feelings on this one!)
Leave your answers (and birthday wishes to Hermione!) in the Comments below!
Ratha, STACKS Writer
August 25, 2014
“It feels like a party every day. Hey, Jessie! Hey, hey, Jessie!” If you recognize this song, then you probably watch the Disney Channel show Jessie.
Start with a small town Texas girl with dreams of the big city . . . add a wealthy, kooky family with 4 totally different kids, and you end up with Jessie. We know you guys are BIG fans and something BIG is supposed to be happening this fall. So to get you in the spirit, Jessie-style, answer the following quiz questions.
Would you rather . . .
1. Be a nanny to Emma, Luke, Ravi, and Zuri in New York City OR baby Prince George in England?
2. Have all of the clothes in Jessie’s closet OR Emma’s closet?
3. Inherit Mr. Kipling OR a giant angry tarantula as your new pet?
4. Vacation in Texas and hang out with cowboys OR California and hang with movie stars?
5. See Jessie fall in love with Tony the doorman OR Ross Lynch from Austin & Ally?
6. Be babysat by Nanny McPhee OR Agatha the evil nanny?
7. Miss a trip to outer space on your birthday OR get stranded in space forever? (like what happened to Ravi in the “Spaced Out” episode)
8. Have Bertram cook you breakfast OR go to IHOP?
Let us know what YOU would rather do, AND if you’ve heard the buzz of what is going to happen this fall!
- Ratha, STACKS Writer
July 21, 2014
Random Would You Rather
Here is a Random Would You Rather from the fabuloso STACKer EarlyFairy3. Leave your answers in the Comments!
- Would you rather kiss a snail OR a frog?
- Would you rather be a successful movie star OR a well-known smart person?
- Would you rather go to the supermarket OR to the mall?
- Would you rather watch the sunset OR the sunrise?
- Would you rather do well in math OR in music?
- Would you rather be a dog OR a cat?
\ Thx, EarlyFairy3
July 14, 2014
Summer Vacation Would You Rather
It’s finally summer! Do you have wonderful plans to celebrate and have a great time on vacation? Think about these questions and leave your answers in the Comments.
Would you rather . . .
- Go away with your family OR friends?
- Educational trip OR fun trip?
- Safari OR boat cruise?
- Road trip OR Let’s just fly and get there already?
- Play games in the car to pass the time? OR just sleep?
- Somewhere tropical OR I don’t care as long as it’s not home?
- Disney World OR Six Flags?
- Horseback riding in Wyoming OR surfing in California?
- Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco OR Statue of Liberty in New York?
- Rodeo in Texas OR jet ski in South Carolina?
- Camp in the rain forest in South America OR the Sahara desert in Africa?
- The coast of Maine OR the Canadian Rockies?
- The Australian bush OR the Caribbean island of St. John?
- The Great Wall of China OR the Pyramids of Egypt?
- Yellowstone National Park OR Everglades National Park?
- Water park OR ocean?
- Aquarium OR drive-through safari?
- Botanical garden OR zoo?
- Stay in touch with a friend you met on vacation OR long-distance relationships don’t work?
- What’s the best part of staying at a hotel? The tiny bottles of shampoo OR room service?
- Wander around the hotel to see what it looks like OR head straight for the pool?
- Go out to dinner at a fancy restaurant OR stay in for room service?
- Take a lot of pictures OR just enjoy the sights?
- Always go to the same place OR somewhere different?
- Family vacations are the best OR Get me home already?
July 8, 2014
Ice Cream Would You Rather
You probably eat plenty of ice cream in the summer, but did you know that July is actually National Ice Cream Month? Not kidding! It all started back in 1984, when President Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month, and the third Sunday of the month as National Ice Cream Day. (In 2014, this awesome day will fall on July 20.) Some ice cream stores will even give away free scoops of ice cream on National Ice Cream Day!
We’re getting into the spirit with a serving of Would You Rather! Ice cream lovers, would you rather . . .
- Vanilla OR chocolate?
- Cup OR cone?
- Sprinkles OR crunchies?
- Regular OR soft serve?
- Dairy Queen OR Ben & Jerry’s?
- Make-your-own-sundae bar OR frozen yogurt?
- Ice cream cake for your birthday OR regular cake?
- Ice pop OR ice cream?
“Scoop up” your answers, and leave them in the Comments below. And tell us how you will celebrate Ice Cream Month this year. Happy summer!
Ratha, STACKS Writer
Image credit Food and Drink/SuperStock
June 2, 2014
Liv & Maddie Would You Rather?
We know you guys are huge Liv & Maddie fans. Our Dove Cameron interview got 295 Comments! Not only is Dove such a sweet, fun, down-to-earth girl in real life (as you can see in this video), but she also starred as the uber-cool snowboarder in Disney movie Cloud 9, and plays identical twins Liv and Maddie on the TV show by the same name: Liv & Maddie. If you’re a big fan, you’re gonna want to answer . . .
Would you rather . . .
- Be a Hollywood star like Liv OR a sports pro like Maddie?
- Babysit their prankster little brother Parker OR do homework with super-smart big brother Joey?
- Be a triplet of Liv and Maddie OR a triplet of Benji and Joel Madden?
- Play basketball with Liv OR go shopping with Maddie?
- Wear high tops OR high heels?
- Find out you have a long lost twin OR be an only child?
- Have your parents work at your school (like Liv and Maddie’s parents) OR be homeschooled by your parents?
- See a crossover episode Liv & Maddie Meet the Haunted Hathaways OR Liv & Maddie Meet Lab Rats?
Let us know what YOU would rather, Liv & Maddie style in the Comments below! And as Maddie would say, “Bam! What?”
—Ratha, Stacks Writer
May 20, 2014
A Random Quiz!
Poking around the Reading Buzz Message Board, I found this very random post from the very awesome-tastic ForeverElephant. If you are feeling random, leave your answers to these questions in the Comments.
Hello everyone! I hope you are having a nice day today. Here is a random quiz for you: Continue reading
May 6, 2014
Austin & Ally Would You Rather?
He’s an outgoing fun-loving singer and dancer, and she’s an awkward, shy songwriter. Put them together and you have the TV show Austin & Ally! It’s one of the hottest shows out there, and if you’ve watched it, you know why.
They’ve had hit songs on the show, and on the radio. They’ve had a crossover episode with Disney Channel’s Jessie. They’ve been in movies. (Who could forget Ross Lynch in Teen Beach Movie?) But have they ever had their own Would You Rather? I don’t think so . . . until this moment!
So without further ado, Would You Rather . . .
1. Rock out to the song “Double Take” OR “Turn it Up?”
2. Hang out with Dez OR Trish?
3. Work at the beach club OR the music store?
4. Go to an Austin & Ally concert OR an R5 concert? (R5 being Ross Lynch’s band in real life!)
5. Go out to dinner with Ross Lynch OR Harry from One Direction?
6. Be behind the scenes like Ally OR kickin’ it onstage like Austin?
7. Have the next guest star be Selena Gomez OR Pharrell Williams?
8. Have chronic bad breath (like Kira in the “Ferris Wheels & Funky Breath” episode) OR accidentally drink massage oil (like Ally in the “Spas & Spices” episode)?
Let us know what YOU would rather do, Austin & Ally style, in the Comments below!
–Ratha, Stacks Writer
Photo courtesy Disney Channel