Soak up the Sun Beach Trivia Quiz!
Have you been to the beach this summer for vacation? Or maybe you have dreams of going to the beach . . . living on the beach . . . starring in Teen Beach 2? You know the usual. Well if you love the beach, try “digging deeper” into our beach trivia . . .
1. Ocean tides are pulled by the _________. (Hint: it’s not the sun.)
2. Why do jellyfish sting? A) To capture prey and act as a defense mechanism. B) They are really mean. C) Their stingers are painful, and they just want to get rid of them.
3. What should you do if you get stung by a jellyfish? A) Scream! B) Remain calm and tell a grown up or find a lifeguard. C) Rub the stingers off with your hand.
4. Name the two ingredients required to build a sandcastle.
5. Would you rather . . . surf waves with a boogie board OR jump over waves?
6. Name a popular surfing destination. A) Hawaii. B) Germany. C) Egypt. D) New York City.
7. What does “Hang 10” mean?
8. Name the type of bird that may swoop down and eat all your potato chips at the beach.
9. There is a place in Hawaii where the beach is black. What causes it to be black? A) People littering. B) Basalt from volcanoes. C) It is painted. D) Animals . . . um . . . you know!
See below for the answers! Continue reading