August 4, 2015
What Amusement Park Ride Are You?
Going to amusement parks is my most favorite summertime activity (aside from reading a billion books by the beach). So our next quiz for y’all is an Amusement Park Ride Personality Quiz! Are you a wild upside down roller coaster, a hot-headed bumper car, or a silly Tilt-a-Whirl? Take the quiz to find out!
- Your amusement park treat of choice is a) cotton candy. b) nachos. c) churros. d) hot dogs. e) a slushie.
- Your amusement park must-have is a a) cute outfit. b) backpack. c) bottle of sunscreen. d) baseball hat. e) cool sunglasses.
- Your favorite animal of the following is the a) koala. b) shark. c) giraffe. d) otter. e) tiger.
- You are most afraid of a) heights. b) clowns. c) gross bugs. d) the dark. e) zombies.
- Your favorite summertime outdoor activity is a) freeze tag. b) jungle gym acrobatics. c) tennis. d) swimming. e) water balloon fight.
- Your favorite rainy day summertime activity is a) learning a new craft. b) bowling. c) reading indoors. d) watching movies with your friends. e) napping.
- You most enjoy the color a) yellow. b) silver. c) blue. d) purple. e) red.
- Your favorite video game involves a) dancing or singing. b) racing cars. c) solving puzzles. d) building or creating something. e) combat fighting.
- Your dream ride would be a a) unicycle. b) really, really fast sports car. c) hot air balloon. d) sailboat. e) motorcycle.
Read on for your results! Continue reading
July 27, 2015
What’s Your Roller Coaster Name?
I’m a sucker for a great roller coaster ride. Did it leave me winded? Did I almost puke? Did my soul leave my body at least once? Did I scream, “WHY DID I AGREE TO GET ON THIS RIDE?!” If yes to all the above, that was the BEST RIDE EVER!
If you love roller coaster rides, try our extremely awesome Roller Coaster Name Generator!!! Extra extreme! Extra wild!
If you’re new to our name generators, have no fear. Here’s how this works: Find the first initial of your first name in the list below. That word is your roller coaster first name. Then look at the list of the months below and find the month of your birthday. That word is your roller coaster last name. For example, my name begins with an E and my birthday is in March, so my new roller coaster name would be Sky Fury! Continue reading
July 6, 2015
Did you know that July is National Ice Cream Month?? Sounds like it’s actually the BEST MONTH EVER! I know that I’m gonna spend this month shoveling as much ice cream in my face as possible. No flavor is safe! And my favorite thing to do while eating ice cream is, of course, reading a book! Wouldn’t it be cool if we could combine our favorite books with our favorite ice cream to create book-inspired ice cream flavors? Read on for a few ideas of what I mean. . . Continue reading
June 30, 2015
Vacation Would You Rather
Today’s Would You Rather questions come from from IpodClub36.
You and your family are planning a trip, so would you rather . . .
- Go meet your favorite famous movie star OR go to China?
- Go to Paris OR go to Texas?
- Go to Greece OR go to Italy?
- Go hike up a mountain OR swim with dolphins?
- Go play at your friend’s house OR just play in your back yard?
- Go to an art place OR go to a music place?
- Go to Oz OR go to Hogwarts?
Hoped you liked them! Leave your answers in the Comments!
June 22, 2015
Would You Rather: Summer
Today’s Summer Would You Rather questions come from CatGymnastics173 on the STACK Back Message Board.
1. Would you rather have a summer with tons of snow OR a winter with a massive heat wave?
2. Would you rather drink hot chocolate in summer OR eat ice cream in winter?
3. Would you rather have your own custom beach umbrella that you designed online for a lot of money OR buy a very cheap beach umbrella with only a few colors?
4. Would you rather go to summer school but have more breaks off during the year OR not go to summer school and get no breaks at all (except for holidays)?
5. Would you rather study all summer (with no free time) and have nice, breezy weather OR not study at all and have it be so hot that you need a cooler every second?
6. Would you rather read 300 books by the end of the summer and get extra credit in school and an awesome prize OR read only 10 books by the end of the summer, have to redo a grade, and get a rock as a prize?
7. Would you rather have a big summer party for one day but have to go back to school for the rest of the summer OR have to study every day but never have homework and have many breaks during the year?
8. Would you rather have tons of fun free time all year without school and homework, but lose all your friends OR go to school every single day of the year with large piles of homework but keep all your friends?
9. Would you rather sew your own bathing suit for 2 weeks in the heat (no breaks) and have it be totally worth it OR buy a bathing suit at the store and never ever get to go to the beach again?
10. Would you rather go to the beach every single day with it very cool out OR go to the amusement park every day with the weather being roasting hot?
Hope you like it!
June 2, 2015
CreekClimbing11′s Book List of Summer Reading
It finally feels like summer and CreekClimbing11 has created an awesome list of books for you to read. While you’re reading, don’t forget to log your minutes in the Summer Reading Challenge and enter for a chance to win prizes!
Ok, so for me, school is over. I know you probably have school books to read. I do too, but here is a list of books to read over the summer that I and my friends have enjoyed. Continue reading
May 26, 2015
PurpleWizard50 created a quiz to help you answer the question: What Should You Do This Summer?
1. Yay! It’s finally summer! What do you want to do? a) Check out some sunny beaches. b) Stay at home and read. c) Go to a new and exotic city. d) Visit your friends and relatives.
2. Wow! It’s burning out there! What do you do to cool off? a) Take a dive in an outdoor swimming pool. b) Sit in front of the A/C until your teeth freeze. c) Run through the sprinkler with a home-made paper fan. d) Head to your bestie’s place for a movie marathon in her air-conditioned basement.
3. What’s your favorite summer treat? a) Ice cream sundaes. b) Fresh fruit juice smoothies. c) Icy cold “mocktails.” d) Those twin Popsicles.
4. How would you describe yourself? a) Sporty and fun. b) Bookworm-y and quiet. c) Unique and artsy. d) Social and a great BFF.
5. What is your favorite hobby? a) Playing sports and swimming. b) Reading and being alone. c) Painting or drawing. d) Hanging with your bestie.
Results! Continue reading
May 25, 2015
What’s Your Summer Name?
Do y’all remember the fantabulous Winter Name Generator? Well, it’s definitely not winter anymore, so it’s time for new names. I’m thinking that it’s time for . . . SUMMER NAMES!!! Introducing the wonderfully weird and wonky Summer Name Generator! (This is version 2.0. If you want two special summer names, you should try out last summer’s, too!).
Here’s how the Summer Name Generator works. Find the first initial of your first name in the list below. That word is your summer first name. Then look at the list of the months below and find the month of your birthday. That word is your summer last name. For example, my name begins with an E and my birthday is in March, so my new summer name would be Pool Noodle Surfer. I’m into it!
- A – Sunny
- B – Sunshine
- C – Water Slide
- D – Sandy
- E – Pool Noodle
- F – Flip Flop
- G – Beachy
- H – Jumprope
- I – Leafy
- J – Bicycle
- K – Thunder
- L – Sunglasses
- M – Grass
- N – Popsicle
- O – Roller Coaster
- P – Vacation
- Q – Lake
- R – Canoe
- S – Festival
- T – SPF
- U – Forest
- V – Starry
- W – Zipline
- X – Hiking
- Y – Nature
- Z – Explorer
- January – Shorts
- February – Backpack
- March – Surfer
- April – Frisbee
- May – Speedboat/li>
- June – Water Bottle
- July – Lightning
- August – Firecracker
- September – Hummingbird
- October – Sprinkler
- November – Hopscotch
- December – Picnic
It’s heating up fast outside and soon it’ll be vacation time. Get ready by grabbing your sweetest swimwear, favorite flip flops, coolest sidewalk chalk, and brand-new SUMMER NAME! What’s your new, wacky summer name? Share it in the Comments below!
See ya around,
En-Szu, a.k.a. Pool Noodle Surfer
August 19, 2014
What Ice Cream Flavor Are You?
Who doesn’t love ice cream on a hot summer day? It’s no wonder why the local ice cream parlor is always open late during the summer. Ice cream is delicious, comes in an infinite number of creative flavors, and it’s COLD! July is National Ice Cream Month but it’s always a good time to find out what ice cream flavor YOU are!
- You like to eat your ice cream . . . A) atop a warm piece of apple pie. B) from a waffle cone. C) in a giant sundae. D) from a cup.
- Your favorite topping is . . . A) whipped cream and a cherry. You’re so classic! B) rainbow sprinkles! You love some extra color and crunch. C) hot fudge. Extra chocolate, please! D) chocolate crunchies. Yummy and sophisticated! Continue reading
August 12, 2014
Top 5 things I learned while writing Surrounded by Sharks (for ages 12 and up)
By Michael Northrop
I’ve always been fascinated by sharks and have been a devoted viewer of Shark Week since it first aired in 1987, but even I was surprised by some of the things I discovered when I waded into the research for my latest book.
- Sharks are nature’s true smelling machines. Unlike bloodhounds and the owners of the world’s other notable noses, sharks don’t breathe through their nostrils. They use them for only one thing: finding food (and, okay, the occasional mate).
- Sharks’ senses are all sharp, but the one they use up close is a sort of underwater spider-sense. They can detect even the tiniest electrical charges in the water, as small as five one-billionths of a volt. If a fish swims by, the shark can sense its bioelectric field, each flick of its tail and beat of its heart.
- In the book, Davey stays afloat with the help of a discarded water cooler bottle. About ten million tons of plastic make their way into the ocean each year. And, fictional flotation devices aside, they serve absolutely no purpose other than pollution.
- The cool stripes that give tiger sharks their name fade out as they reach adulthood. As with humans, it’s the young ones that have all the style!
- While sharks get all the attention, riptides are the real killers at the beach. Over the past ten years, rip currents have killed an estimated one hundred people annually in the US alone. That’s more than floods, tornadoes, lightning, or hurricanes. Sharks are responsible for about one fatality every two years, fewer than fireworks, roller coasters, or falling vending machines.