September 22, 2015
Find Out Who Would Be Your Best Friend at Hogwarts!
By the the time, Harry Potter arrived at Hogwarts, he had already met the 2 people who would become his best friends. Who would be your Hogwarts bestie? Who would brave the hallowed halls and mysterious secret chambers by your side? Who would help you with your homework, pull pranks, sneak midnight snacks, and pass your O.W.L.s? When your Hogwarts letter finally arrives and you go on that magical journey that begins at Platform 9 3/4, you will be well-prepared knowing exactly which Hogwarts student you should be buddying up with. After all, having a best friend can make a world of a difference when starting a new school!
Answer these questions to find YOUR Hogwarts best friend!
- Which Hogwarts class are you most looking forward to? a) Care of Magical Creatures. b) Herbology. c) Transfiguration. d) Defense Against the Dark Arts. e) Alchemy
- You are most nervous about . . . a) exams. b) bullies. c) rules. d) possibly not being the smartest person in your class. (GASP!) e) not knowing which of your 37 Yule Ball date invitations to say yes to.
- Your favorite Bertie Bott’s Beans flavor is . . . a) soap. b) grass. c) sausage. d) black pepper. e) banana.
- If you ran into Fluffy the Cerberus—a vicious three-headed dog–in a dark Hogwarts hallway, your first reaction would be to . . . a) feed it a treat. b) run away. c) cast a shrinking spell on it. d) play music for it, obviously. e) report it to the authorities.
- You would most likely get into trouble for . . . a) roaming the castle after hours. b) losing your homework. c) pranking another student. d) checking out an off-limits book from the library. e) Actually, you never get into trouble.
- You hope your patronus is a(n) . . . a) dolphin. b) giraffe. c) gopher. d) otter. e) bear.
- Your favorite potion is . . . a) Amortentia (a love potion). b) strength potion. c) Polyjuice potion (a potion that makes you look like another person). d) Felix Felicis (a lucky potion). e) Draught of Peace (a calming potion).
- Besides classes, what are you most looking forward to? a) Hanging out with mermaids. b) Exploring the library. c) Going to Zonko’s Joke Shop in Hogsmeade. d) There’s life outside class? e) Quidditch!
- Which house would you be sorted into? a) Ravenclaw. b) Hufflepuff. c) Gryffindor. d) Slytherin. e) It doesn’t really matter as long as you end up at Hogwarts!
September 15, 2015
Weird Food Would You Rather
Did you know that in France people eat snails as an appetizer? With garlic and butter of course! In other parts of the world people eat fried chicken’s feet. Watch out for the bones though – I’ve heard they get annoying after a while.
And one of the craziest I’ve come across yet is the Japanese and Korean delicacy known as odori don. It’s a raw squid or octopus whose legs seem to come to life and move a little when salty soy sauce is dumped over them!
How far would you go? Take a bite out of our Weird Food Would You Rather, and let us know your dietary limit! Would you rather . . .
- Eat fried crickets (like in Thailand!) OR French fried caterpillars (in Mexico)?
- Eat a raw chili pepper OR drink a raw egg?
- Eat a fried spider (Cambodia) OR a boiled stinkbug (Africa)? Apparently stinkbug tastes a bit like a crunchy apple!
- Eat fried rattlesnake (Southwestern United States) OR a cobra heart (Vietnam)?
- Eat potato chips dipped in cottage cheese OR chocolate?
- Eat eels (I had them in China, and they taste like mushroom spaghetti!) OR jellyfish? Some people say jellyfish tastes like munching on rubber bands!
Hopefully you haven’t lost your appetite, and you can let us know what you’d rather in the Comments below!
-Ratha, STACKS Writer
August 17, 2015
Super Fly! Fly Guy Would You Rather . . .
In the Fly Guy series, boy meets fly, and a beautiful friendship is born. Fly Guy is extremely smart and even knows how to say the boy’s name (“Buzz”). They have hilarious (and sometimes slightly gross) adventures together in school, at restaurants, picnics, and even when Fly Guy gets married to Fly Girl, Buzz and Fly Guy are eventually reunited. So take a buzz at our Fly Guy Would You Rather below.
Would you rather . . .
1. Be a fly guy OR lightning bug?
2. Go swimming in someone’s soup OR chocolate pudding pie?
3. Be able to talk to animals OR transform into animals?
4. See Fly Guy team up with Spider-Man OR Ant-Man?
5. Have a FLY fly up your nose OR a LADYBUG?
6. Have a Fly Guy video game OR a Fly Guy movie?
7. Have the next book be American Ninja Fly Guy OR Fly Guy Dances with the Stars?
Leave your answers in the Comments below and let us know what you think of the Fly Guy books!
-Ratha, STACKS Writer
August 4, 2015
What Amusement Park Ride Are You?
Going to amusement parks is my most favorite summertime activity (aside from reading a billion books by the beach). So our next quiz for y’all is an Amusement Park Ride Personality Quiz! Are you a wild upside down roller coaster, a hot-headed bumper car, or a silly Tilt-a-Whirl? Take the quiz to find out!
- Your amusement park treat of choice is a) cotton candy. b) nachos. c) churros. d) hot dogs. e) a slushie.
- Your amusement park must-have is a a) cute outfit. b) backpack. c) bottle of sunscreen. d) baseball hat. e) cool sunglasses.
- Your favorite animal of the following is the a) koala. b) shark. c) giraffe. d) otter. e) tiger.
- You are most afraid of a) heights. b) clowns. c) gross bugs. d) the dark. e) zombies.
- Your favorite summertime outdoor activity is a) freeze tag. b) jungle gym acrobatics. c) tennis. d) swimming. e) water balloon fight.
- Your favorite rainy day summertime activity is a) learning a new craft. b) bowling. c) reading indoors. d) watching movies with your friends. e) napping.
- You most enjoy the color a) yellow. b) silver. c) blue. d) purple. e) red.
- Your favorite video game involves a) dancing or singing. b) racing cars. c) solving puzzles. d) building or creating something. e) combat fighting.
- Your dream ride would be a a) unicycle. b) really, really fast sports car. c) hot air balloon. d) sailboat. e) motorcycle.
Read on for your results! Continue reading
July 28, 2015
Harry Potter Would You Rather
EnergeticGriffin20 posted this Harry Potter Would You Rather Quiz on the Harry Potter Message Board.
Would You Rather . . .
- Be a Slytherin or Gryffindor?
- Be a Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw?
- Get stuck in the Chamber of Secrets for 10 minutes or get stuck in a closed room with Dementors for 10 minutes?
- Be Professor Dumbledore or Professor McGonagall?
- Be a Quidditch player or not?
- Study Charms or Potions?
- Have a detention with Professor Snape or Professor Umbridge?
- Live with Harry Potter your whole life or live with Hermione your whole life?
- Be a professor at Hogwarts or a student at Hogwarts?
Leave your answers in the Comments and go visit the Harry Potter Message Board to join the conversation.
July 7, 2015
What random item are you?
- It’s the weekend! You’re most looking forward to . . . a) playing kickball with your besties in the park. b) hanging out with your dog. c) putting together an art project like a scrapbook or mural. d) spending quality time on the sofa, reading books and catching up on your favorite movies. e) volunteering!
- Your favorite song is . . . a) a catchy pop tune. b) a chill electronic track. c) very rock n’ roll! d) a beautiful ballad. e) at least 20 years old. Continue reading
July 3, 2015
Minion Mayhem! Minions Would You Rather . . .
We know you guys are big fans of the Despicable Me movies (rated PG), and as you might know, the unofficial prequel Minions movie (rated PG) is hitting theaters July 10th! In the movie, we follow the minions in search of the perfect supervillain to work for before they met Gru. They try out Dracula, Napoleon, and the new character Scarlet Overkill.
Now, get into the minion mindset, and let us know would you rather . . .
1. Be Stuart (one eyeball) OR Bob (small bald guy) OR Kevin (tall skinny guy)?
2. Be Dracula’s minion OR Gru’s minion?
3. Be able to understand “minion” OR speak 10 languages?
4. Be a supervillain OR superhero?
5. Battle The Incredible Hulk OR Darth Vader?
6. HAVE a sidekick OR BE a sidekick?
7. Eat bananas for a week OR watermelon for a week?
8. Have a dragon breathe fire on you OR a sumo wrestler sit on you?
Leave your answers in the Comments below, and let us know if you’re psyched for the movie!
-Ratha, Stacks Writer
Image courtesy Universal Pictures
June 30, 2015
Vacation Would You Rather
Today’s Would You Rather questions come from from IpodClub36.
You and your family are planning a trip, so would you rather . . .
- Go meet your favorite famous movie star OR go to China?
- Go to Paris OR go to Texas?
- Go to Greece OR go to Italy?
- Go hike up a mountain OR swim with dolphins?
- Go play at your friend’s house OR just play in your back yard?
- Go to an art place OR go to a music place?
- Go to Oz OR go to Hogwarts?
Hoped you liked them! Leave your answers in the Comments!
June 23, 2015
Hi! Now that school is out, you have time to think about very deep, important topics that your brain just couldn’t focus on while you had so much homework to finish! Well, this quiz is your chance to go deep into your own heart and soul and tell us about the real you. We want to know . . .
- What is your favorite season and why?
- Do you prefer new beginnings or old traditions?
- What is your favorite place and why?
- What is your favorite food?
- In general, do you enjoy school?
- What is one thing that is very important to you?
- Do you think outside the box?
- What is your favorite subject in school?
- What genres of books do you like to read and why?
- Are you an optimist or a pessimist?
- Do you like happy endings, sad endings, or open (hopeful) endings?
- Do you prefer peace or excitement?
- Do you enjoy a lot of suspense in books?
- Name a few of your favorite books.
- Name someone you admire and why.
- What are you excited for in the upcoming year?
- What is something in your life that is bothering you at the moment?
- What is something about other people that is bothering you at the moment?
- Name a couple of books that have affected you in some way.
- When making an important decision, do you mostly consider the past, the present, or your hopes for the future?
Leave your answers in the Comments — to just 1 question or as many questions as you want to answer!
Sonja, STACKS Staffer
June 22, 2015
Would You Rather: Summer
Today’s Summer Would You Rather questions come from CatGymnastics173 on the STACK Back Message Board.
1. Would you rather have a summer with tons of snow OR a winter with a massive heat wave?
2. Would you rather drink hot chocolate in summer OR eat ice cream in winter?
3. Would you rather have your own custom beach umbrella that you designed online for a lot of money OR buy a very cheap beach umbrella with only a few colors?
4. Would you rather go to summer school but have more breaks off during the year OR not go to summer school and get no breaks at all (except for holidays)?
5. Would you rather study all summer (with no free time) and have nice, breezy weather OR not study at all and have it be so hot that you need a cooler every second?
6. Would you rather read 300 books by the end of the summer and get extra credit in school and an awesome prize OR read only 10 books by the end of the summer, have to redo a grade, and get a rock as a prize?
7. Would you rather have a big summer party for one day but have to go back to school for the rest of the summer OR have to study every day but never have homework and have many breaks during the year?
8. Would you rather have tons of fun free time all year without school and homework, but lose all your friends OR go to school every single day of the year with large piles of homework but keep all your friends?
9. Would you rather sew your own bathing suit for 2 weeks in the heat (no breaks) and have it be totally worth it OR buy a bathing suit at the store and never ever get to go to the beach again?
10. Would you rather go to the beach every single day with it very cool out OR go to the amusement park every day with the weather being roasting hot?
Hope you like it!