November 6, 2015
Charlie Bown and the Peanuts Gang Would You Rather
Earlier today, the Peanuts characters answered some of my most important questions, like “Why is Lucy so mean?” Now we will hear from the real life kids who voice characters in The Peanuts Movie (rated G): Alexander Garfin, Francesca Capaldi, Marleik Mar Mar Walker, and Noah Schnapp. I asked them these would you rather questions. Their answers are pretty hilarious and a little surprising!
Would you rather . . .
Have a perfectly round head like Charlie Brown OR have red hair like the Little Red-Haired Girl?
Francesca (who plays the Little Red-Haired Girl): I already have red hair, so that’s easy! (If you haven’t seen Francesca on Dog with a Blog, you can see her gorgeous hair in this video.)
Noah (who plays Charlie Brown): I would want a round head. That would be cool!
Carry a blanket with you everywhere like Linus OR wear Charlie Brown’s zigzag shirt every day?
Marleik (who plays Franklin): Can we change the color? I want the shirt to be red!
Have Sally as a sister OR Lucy as a sister?
Marleik and Noah: Sally!
Francesca: Sally. Lucy is mean!
Alexander (who plays Linus): I would pick Lucy. Sally is annoying!
Have Snoopy as a pet OR have Linus as your best friend?
All 4 kids: Snoopy!
Me: Wow! No love for Linus?
Marleik: Linus is an old man and a baby.
Francesca: Yeah, he’s an old baby!
Harsh! Do you agree with the Peanuts cast’s answers? Leave YOUR answers in the Comments. Then watch this Kids Press Reporter’s interview with the stars and tell us if you are excited for The Peanuts Movie!
Sonja, STACKS Staffer
Images courtesy of 20th Century Fox and Peanuts Worldwide LLC
November 2, 2015
Which country should you live in?
- If you had to pick a favorite animal, it would be . . . a) kangaroo. b) whale. c) shrew. d) caribou.
- Pick which food you’d rather eat. a) Barbeque. b) Smoked salmon. c) Fish and chips. d) French fries with cheese and gravy (a.k.a. poutine).
- Your favorite kind of weather is. . . a) super-hot. b) sunny in summer and cold and dark in winter. c) cool all year. d) snowy.
- Which would you rather do? a) Go surfing. b) Go for a long bike ride. c) Visit a palace. d) Go hiking.
- Which sport do you enjoy watching the most? a) Rugby. b) Swimming. c) Football (a.k.a. soccer). d) Ice hockey.
- Which entertainment would you prefer? a) Opera. b) Antique amusement park. c) Gigantic Ferris wheel. d) Circus.
- Which type of music is your favorite? a) Rock. b) Pop. c) Punk. d) Hip hop.
- Which language would you rather learn? a) An indigenous tribal language. b) A Scandinavian language. c) Old English. d) French.
- What is your favorite dog breed? a) Sheepdog. b) Great Dane. c) Russell Terrier. d) Labrador Retriever.
Read on to find out which country you live in! Continue reading
October 27, 2015
Ever After High Would You Rather
Let’s be real: who WOULDN’T want to go to Ever After High, a boarding school for fairy tale characters? Yes, please! But not everything is butterflies and rainbows at Ever After High, you know. Sometimes you’ve gotta make some very tough decisions to reach your Happily Ever After! So, we want to know . . . would you rather:
- Have to attend Damsel-in-distressing class for an entire year OR actually sleep through the Beauty Sleep Festival?
- Have snakes rained down on you OR have to spend a semester with your arch nemesis as your roommate?
- Need your biggest bully to rescue you OR have to harm your very best friend?
- Lose all your hair for five days to a Che-myth-stry class mistake OR be turned into a frog for five weeks?
- Find out you’re destined to marry the most arrogant prince you’ve ever met OR find out you are going to be responsible for sending one of your parents to jail?
- Get banished forever from Ever After High OR be locked up for an afternoon in the Uni Cairn with a very angry Jabberwock?
Whew! Being a fairy tale character might be more stressful than I thought . . . not that I still don’t want to go to Ever After High, though! What do you think? Would you YOU rather do? Are you an Ever After High fan? Share your answers in the Comments below!
En-Szu, STACKS Writer
October 23, 2015
Henry Danger Would You Rather . . . Dangerously Super!
We know you guys are “dangerously” deep into Nickelodeon’s hit show Henry Danger. It stars Jace Norman, as Henry, a 13-year-old boy who gets a part-time job as a superhero sidekick. His boss is the small town superhero named Captain Man. He pretends to work in a shop called “Junk ‘n’ Stuff” with a secret underground lair where Captain Man trains him. There, he becomes . . . Kid Danger. Only his best friend Charlotte knows his secret, while his other best friend Jasper is in the dark.
Kid Danger and Captain Man keep the city of Swellview safe and . . . swell. Campy adventures with zany villains round out the show. If you are obsessed with Henry Danger, check out our Henry Danger Would You Rather below!
Would you rather . . .
1. Be a superhero sidekick OR a villain henchman?
2. Be indestructible like Captain Man OR be able to come back to life?
3. Have a secret job in a candy factory OR a cloning lab?
4. Fly OR be invisible?
5. Have your baby brother turned into a monster (Episode 1) OR have an alien baby egg hatch in your house (Episode 7)?
6. Be captured by the mad scientist Dr. Minyak OR have to babysit “The Toddler” (dwarf baby criminal).
7. Have a crazy machine turn you into a manly beast (Episode 10) OR a living Barbie doll?
So today’s assignment, should you choose to accept, is to let us know your answers in the Comments below! And let us know what YOU think of Henry Danger!
Over and out.
-Ratha, STACKS Writer
October 20, 2015
Goosebumps Movie Monster vs. Monster
Have you seen the Goosebumps movie (rated PG) which just opened in theaters? It’s filled with some of the coolest and creepiest monsters out there! I wouldn’t want them to come after me. But . . . what if they went after each other? Who would win if they went head-to-head against each other?
Play the Where’s the Creature Game to get a glimpse of some of these creepy creatures. Then vote below on who YOU think would win.
- Slappy the Evil Dummy vs. Murder the Clown.
- The Lawn Gnomes (remember they use knives!) vs. the Bog Monster
- Fifi the Vampire Poodle vs. Count Dracula
- The Executioner vs. Lack O’Lantern (He has a pumpkin head!)
- The Haunted Mask vs. the Shrunken Head
- Professor Shock vs. Clarissa the Witch
- The Snake Lady vs. the Bees
- A Graveyard Ghoul vs. Captain Long Ben One-Leg
- The Egyptian Priestess vs. the Scarecrow
Let us know your votes in the Comments below. And let us know if you’re still having nightmares from the Goosebumps movie!
-Ratha, STACKS Writer
October 12, 2015
What is your perfect Halloween costume?
Halloween is less than 4 weeks away, and to have the best costume, you need to plan way in advance! So here is a quiz to find out what Halloween costume you should choose!
- If you were to pick a movie to watch, you would pick . . . a) The Lion King. b) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. c) Goosebumps. d) Cinderella.
- You would consider yourself someone who is . . . a) aloof or reserved. b) outgoing. c) sneaky. d) glamorous.
- Your favorite thing about October is . . . a) curling up with a good book on the cool nights. b) the feeling of magic in the air. c) scaring people. d) getting candy.
- Which superpower ability would you rather have? a) Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. b) Able to do magic. c) Able to be invisible. d) Able to turn everything you touch into gold.
- If you had to pick one thing to play with it would be . . . a) a ball of yarn. b) a wand. c) a sheet. d) a crown.
- What sport would you choose to do? a) Running. b) Quidditch. c) Professional hide and seek. d) Jousting.
- Which animal would you choose? a) A mouse. b) An owl. c) A cat. d) A horse.
- How often do you like being around friends? a) It depends on the friend. b) Frequently. c) Whenever you feel like popping in. d) All the time.
- Your favorite Halloween candy is . . . a) Milky Way. b) Jelly Beans. c) None of these. d) Chocolate coins.
September 29, 2015
Magic Tree House Would You Rather
Ketchup and mustard. Batman and Robin. Some things just go together. Like Jack and Annie from The Magic Tree House series. With their time-travelling historical adventures, this series can get you hooked on reading for life!
Book #53 Shadow of the Shark came out this summer, and #54 Balto of the Blue Dawn (about a Siberian husky in 1925 Alaska) is coming out in Jan. 2016. So if you love this dynamic duo, let us know, Would You Rather . . .
1. Be Jack OR Annie?
2. Go to the Amazon rainforest OR ancient Egypt?
3. Be attacked by a dinosaur OR a mummy?
4. Be a passenger on board the Titanic OR a Viking ship?
5. Survive an earthquake in San Francisco OR a tidal wave in Hawaii?
6. Fight in the Revolutionary War OR the Civil War?
7. Pet-sit a cobra OR an emperor penguin?
8. Battle a ninja OR a dragon?
Let us know what YOU guys would rather in the Comments below. And tell us if you have a favorite Magic Tree House book!
-Ratha, STACKS Writer
September 28, 2015
If you were in a movie, which character would you be?
Every movie has a hero, right? But what about the other characters, like the hilarious sidekick, or the minion, or the person who is the voice of reason when the hero wants to do something crazy? Which one of these characters most fits YOUR personality? Take this quiz to find out!
- What is the most important thing do on the weekend? a) Get ready for the next week by doing all your work. b) Tell jokes with your friends. c) Go support your friends in their activities. d) Organize a big fun event for everyone you know.
- What would your friends describe you as? a) Prepared for anything. b) Always laughing or making others laugh. c) Easy to get along with. d) A leader.
- Your top pick of car to drive is . . . a) a hybrid car that’s better for the environment. b) a clown car to make everyone laugh. c) a minivan so all your friends can fit in it. d) a very cool sports car.
- Which power would you like to have? a) The ability to see into the future. b) The ability to make anyone laugh. c) The ability to help everyone around you. d) Super strength.
- What’s your favorite thing to do? a) Read a book. b) Be a goofball. c) Hang out with friends. d) Throw a party.
- Pick a game. a) Scrabble. b) Bop-it. c) Hide and Seek. d) Simon Says.
- Which type of movie is your favorite . . . a) Disney movies. b) Comedies. c) Documentaries about real life stories. d) Action movies.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? a) Teacher. b) Comedian. c) House elf. d) Doctor.
- Your parents would describe you as. . . a) responsible. b) a prankster. c) a team-player. d) confident.
- Which would you rather wear? a) A backpack to carry all your things. b) A funny t-shirt. c) denim overalls. d) A cape. Continue reading
September 22, 2015
Find Out Who Would Be Your Best Friend at Hogwarts!
By the the time, Harry Potter arrived at Hogwarts, he had already met the 2 people who would become his best friends. Who would be your Hogwarts bestie? Who would brave the hallowed halls and mysterious secret chambers by your side? Who would help you with your homework, pull pranks, sneak midnight snacks, and pass your O.W.L.s? When your Hogwarts letter finally arrives and you go on that magical journey that begins at Platform 9 3/4, you will be well-prepared knowing exactly which Hogwarts student you should be buddying up with. After all, having a best friend can make a world of a difference when starting a new school!
Answer these questions to find YOUR Hogwarts best friend!
- Which Hogwarts class are you most looking forward to? a) Care of Magical Creatures. b) Herbology. c) Transfiguration. d) Defense Against the Dark Arts. e) Alchemy
- You are most nervous about . . . a) exams. b) bullies. c) rules. d) possibly not being the smartest person in your class. (GASP!) e) not knowing which of your 37 Yule Ball date invitations to say yes to.
- Your favorite Bertie Bott’s Beans flavor is . . . a) soap. b) grass. c) sausage. d) black pepper. e) banana.
- If you ran into Fluffy the Cerberus—a vicious three-headed dog–in a dark Hogwarts hallway, your first reaction would be to . . . a) feed it a treat. b) run away. c) cast a shrinking spell on it. d) play music for it, obviously. e) report it to the authorities.
- You would most likely get into trouble for . . . a) roaming the castle after hours. b) losing your homework. c) pranking another student. d) checking out an off-limits book from the library. e) Actually, you never get into trouble.
- You hope your patronus is a(n) . . . a) dolphin. b) giraffe. c) gopher. d) otter. e) bear.
- Your favorite potion is . . . a) Amortentia (a love potion). b) strength potion. c) Polyjuice potion (a potion that makes you look like another person). d) Felix Felicis (a lucky potion). e) Draught of Peace (a calming potion).
- Besides classes, what are you most looking forward to? a) Hanging out with mermaids. b) Exploring the library. c) Going to Zonko’s Joke Shop in Hogsmeade. d) There’s life outside class? e) Quidditch!
- Which house would you be sorted into? a) Ravenclaw. b) Hufflepuff. c) Gryffindor. d) Slytherin. e) It doesn’t really matter as long as you end up at Hogwarts!
September 15, 2015
Weird Food Would You Rather
Did you know that in France people eat snails as an appetizer? With garlic and butter of course! In other parts of the world people eat fried chicken’s feet. Watch out for the bones though – I’ve heard they get annoying after a while.
And one of the craziest I’ve come across yet is the Japanese and Korean delicacy known as odori don. It’s a raw squid or octopus whose legs seem to come to life and move a little when salty soy sauce is dumped over them!
How far would you go? Take a bite out of our Weird Food Would You Rather, and let us know your dietary limit! Would you rather . . .
- Eat fried crickets (like in Thailand!) OR French fried caterpillars (in Mexico)?
- Eat a raw chili pepper OR drink a raw egg?
- Eat a fried spider (Cambodia) OR a boiled stinkbug (Africa)? Apparently stinkbug tastes a bit like a crunchy apple!
- Eat fried rattlesnake (Southwestern United States) OR a cobra heart (Vietnam)?
- Eat potato chips dipped in cottage cheese OR chocolate?
- Eat eels (I had them in China, and they taste like mushroom spaghetti!) OR jellyfish? Some people say jellyfish tastes like munching on rubber bands!
Hopefully you haven’t lost your appetite, and you can let us know what you’d rather in the Comments below!
-Ratha, STACKS Writer