It’s your turn to pick a restaurant for dinner on family night out, so you pick . . . a) your favorite diner. b) pizza. c) tacos with the works!!! d) the new Thai restaurant that opened last week. e) Chinese take-out. Eating at home is so much more cozy than going out. Continue reading
Are you a rebellious rocker? A classy classical kid? A peppy popster? Take the quiz to find out what type of music best fits your unique personality.
- It’s Spirit Week at school! You’re most looking forward to . . . A) Professional Day. You love wearing your fanciest clothes to school once in a while. B) Pajama Day. Chillin’ in your pjs all day sounds pretty awesome! C) Crazy Day. It’s finally a day when you can go wild with your own style! D) School Colors Day. You’ve got the PERFECT pair of sneakers to match your letter jacket. E) Superhero Day. It took you forever to decide between Thor and Spider-Man, but it looks like you’ve finally made the best choice! Continue reading
There are many different types of readers. With so many books to choose from, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by what’s out there. Searching for books by genre is a great way to narrow down your options. Are you curious to know which book genre matches your personality? Are just looking to read something new and different? Take this quiz to find out which genre fits you best!
When you grow up, you want to be . . . A) a writer. B) an actor. C) an artist. D) a teacher.
Your favorite after-school activity is . . . A) the Quidditch team. B) the drama club. C) the art club. D) the yearbook committee.
When eating out at a restaurant, you . . . A) always try something new. You like to experiment with dishes you’ve never had before. B) tell the waiter a joke. What did bacon say to the tomato? Lettuce get together! C) draw an elaborate scene on your placemat. Extra crayons, please! D) order the same thing you always get. You can’t beat a side of French fries!
The cover of the last book you read . . . A) looks dark and mysterious. B) makes you giggle. It reminds you of the most hilarious part of the story. C) features a really cool illustration. D) shows a picture of a kid just like you!
Tonight you are most likely to have a dream about . . . A) going on an adventure in an alternate universe. B) playing a funny prank on a sibling or friend. C) becoming a famous artist one day. D) hanging out with your friends at school.
You are most afraid of . . . A) nothing! You are a fearless explorer! B) anyone without a sense of humor. You can’t imagine a life without laughter! C) your baby sister spilling something on your favorite book. The pictures would get ruined! D) arguing with your best friend. No one likes a disagreement!
Ready to find out which book genre you are? Count up your answers to find out!
If you answered mostly A’s: Your book genre is adventure, sci-fi, and fantasy. You are an explorer and an adventurer at heart. You wish you could attend Hogwarts or visit the Underland. You’re still not convinced that demi-gods don’t exist, and when it comes to reading, you’re ready to enter into a whole new world!
If you answered mostly B’s: Your book genre is humor and comedy. The sweet sound of laughter is like music to your ears, and you’re great at cheering up your friends or siblings with quotes from Diary of a Wimpy Kid. One year, you dressed up as Captain Underpants for Halloween. Hey, maybe someday you will become a comedian!
If you answered mostly C’s: Your book genre is graphic novels. You are an artist; you believe that no book is complete without images. You even create your own comics when you are bored. You are Wonderstruck when awesome drawings are an essential part of the story; it just makes you Smile. (Haha! Did you see what I did there? Wonderstruck and Smile are both book titles! Pretty clever, right?)
If you answered mostly D’s: Your book genre is realistic fiction. You love to read books that guide you on surviving school, dealing with friendship drama, or embracing your dorky side. You know there’s nothing better than reading about scenarios that could happen to you. Your favorite part of any story is feeling like the main characters become your friends!
Marisa, STACKS Intern
CatEyes484 created this ABC quiz for you. Go to the Message Board to leave your answers and see what everyone else wrote. Some of these questions are kind of hard! Favorite yo-yo brand??? My favorite yogurt is blueberry. Does that count?
- Favorite animal?
- Favorite brand?
- Favorite color?
- Favorite drink?
- Favorite emotion?
- Favorite food?
- Favorite gummy candy?
- Favorite horse?
- Favorite ice cream?
- Favorite joke?
- Favorite kin?
- Favorite lollipop?
- Favorite month?
- Favorite nighttime memory?
- Favorite origami?
- Favorite pizza?
- Favorite quality?
- Favorite record?
- Favorite Skittles flavor?
- Favorite treat?
- Favorite Under Armour item?
- Favorite Valentine’s Day memory?
- Favorite warrior?
- Favorite XOXO note?
- Favorite yo-yo brand?
- Favorite zoo?
Do you have your own ABC quiz questions? Leave them in the Comments!
Sonja, STACKS Staffer
St. Patrick’s Day is March 17 and we want you to be ready with your leprechaun name in case you meet a leprechaun! Here’s how it works. Find the first initial of your first name in the list below. That word is your leprechaun first name. Then look at the list of the numbers below and pick your luckiest number. That word is your leprechaun last name. For example, my name begins with an S and my lucky number is 10, so my leprechaun name would be Goldie McElfin.
- X- Paddy
Hope you have a fun and happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Sonja, STACKS Staffer
Who Is Your Fictional Valentine?
It’s almost Valentine’s Day! I don’t know about you, but I love Valentine’s Day. I can’t wait to get together with my best friends, make pizza, eat ice cream, and watch bad movies (obviously, the greatest Valentine’s Day tradition ever)! But for those of you who are feeling romantic, we decided to give you a very special, love-themed Valentine Personality Quiz! Since, you know, regular people are just not as good as fictional characters, we’re allowing our imaginations to run free to dream up the dreamiest of Valentines: our favorite book characters.
- Your idea of a perfect date is: a) dinner and a movie–classic. b) ice skating followed by hot chocolate at your favorite cafe. c) theme park! d) a walk in the great outdoors. e) a concert.
- In your free time, you are most likely: a) playing a game of pick-up basketball with your friends. b) reading a book. c) pulling pranks on a family member. d) volunteering at the local animal shelter. e) setting things on fire.
- To you, the best Valentine’s Day gift would be: a) a teddy bear. b) a book thoughtfully picked out just for you. c) candy! ALL THE CANDY! d) a beautiful bouquet of flowers. e) gifts are for losers, but some cash would be really sweet.
- Your dream Valentine wears: a) flannel and jeans. b) something dressy and smart. c) a witty t-shirt. d) the coziest of sweaters. e) a leather jacket.
- At school, your favorite subject is: a) history. b) chemistry. c) lunch. d) language arts. e) playing hooky.
- What’s a big no-no for you? a) nail-biting. b) not reading for fun. c) being too serious. d) not liking animals. e) following the rules all the time.
- You and your Valentine are a) always on time. b) always swapping book or movie recommendations. c) always joking around. d) always looking for ways to be more environmentally-friendly. e) always getting into trouble together.
- The first thing you notice about your Valentine is his/her: a) strength. b) brains. c) sense of humor. d) kindness. e) looks.
- Your favorite breakfast is: a) pancakes! b) breakfast smoothie. c) PIZZA FOR BREAKFAST! d) fresh fruits and oatmeal. e) coffee.
- Your dream vacation would be: a) a historical tour in a European city. b) a week at a lake cabin, reading books all day by the water. c) Disney World! d) a safari trip. e) a trip to a huge, exciting city with a cool music scene.
If you picked mostly A’s, you got the all-star. Your valentine? Hermione Granger or Percy Jackson. Your dream valentine is one of those all-around good people with a heart of gold and really high standards. He/she is a real leader, and together, you’ll be unstoppable. You keep it classy. Even your parents and best friend are fans!
If you picked mostly B’s, you got the quiet genius. Your valentine is Amy Cahill or Neville Longbottom. Even though your valentine isn’t super-flashy on the outside, he/she is definitely a brainy rock star. As a team, no one can beat you guys at trivia. Your to-read list is about to get a whole lot longer, since your valentine is also really great at recommending the perfect book. And your sweetie always gets you the perfect, most thoughtful gifts. Talk about a fairy tale romance!
If you picked mostly C’s, you got the class clown. Your book valentine is Jamie Kelly or Greg Heffley. You love having a good time and your valentine knows exactly how to turn every situation into a laugh-fest! Be prepared to deal with a LOT of cleverly concealed whoopee cushions and fake bugs on your desk. But hey, life’s definitely much more interesting that way!
If you picked mostly D’s, you got the free spirit. Your ideal match is someone like Luna Lovegood or Rowley Jefferson. Smart and whimsical, your valentine is a really great listener and knows exactly how to make you feel important and cared for. You’ll be spending a lot of time outside, playing with animals, and learning how to make delicious vegan cookies together. Sounds pretty sweet!
If you picked mostly E’s, you got the baddie. You love a rebel like Mackenzie Hollister or Draco Malfoy. Do you solemnly swear that you are up to no good? So does your partner-in-crime. Though your times together can get kind of rocky, you’ll still have a total blast breaking the rules and making your (dark) mark on the world.
Which book valentine did YOU get? Share in the Comments below!
See ya next time,
En-Szu, STACKS Writer
Personality Quiz: What Magical Creature Are You?
One of the best parts of reading fantasy books is escaping to an entirely different world for a while. Do you ever wish you could bring a piece of those magical universes back into your own life? Who wouldn’t want Dobby the house-elf or Mr. Tumnus the faun for a friend? Take this quiz to find out what mythical creature you would be! Continue reading
What’s Your Winter Name?
It’s officially wintertime! Yay! Now that we’re all getting used to the cold. You may already know your Christmas Elf Name, but we have a new winter name generator today.
Find the first initial of your first name in the list below. That word is your winter first name. Then look at the list of the months below and find the month of your birthday. That word is your winter last name. For example, my name begins with an E and my birthday is in March, so my new winter name would be Snowflake Skates.
So grab a hot chocolate and find out what your very own winter name is!
- A – Snowy
- B – Frosty
- C – Gingerbread
- D – Icy
- E – Snowflake
- F – Frozen
- G – Peppermint
- H – Cozy
- I – Twinkling
- J – Sparkling
- K – Cider
- L – Toasty
- M – Cocoa
- N – Pinecone
- O – Evergreen
- P – Windy
- Q – Chilly
- R – Polar
- S – Flurry
- T – Crystal
- U – Glacial
- V – Icicle
- W – Snuggle
- X – Arctic
- Y – Blizzard
- Z – Winter
- January – Cookie
- February – Chocolate
- March – Skates
- April – Cabin
- May – Fireplace
- June – Mittens
- July – Sled
- August – Sweater
- September – Boots
- October – Ski slope
- November – Cloud
- December – Long-Johns
Happy winter, everyone!
En-Szu, STACKS Writer (a.k.a. Snowflake Skates)
Take CycloneVampire’s Personality Quiz!
This Personality Quiz is creative because the results will come from you! Answer the following questions and then write in the Comments what your personality type is. The results can be as creative as you are!
The questions were written by CycloneVampire7 who says, “I love these things, and have always wanted to make one, so yep. Here it is!”
- What is your favorite color? (There. I said it.) A) Warm colors such as brown, red, gold, orange. B) Rich colors such as emerald green, purple, lapis. (Look it up.) C) NEONS!!! (Me: Totally! XD!) D) Black.
- What are your hobbies? (These are just a couple I came up with.) A) Reading (Me: XD!!!) B) Writing! (Me: Yay! Keep going!) C) Drawing D) Other (Me: Please tell me what it is in the Comments! Pwetty pls?)
- Your friends . . . ? A) I have TONS and they all would support me with their lives if they had to!!!(You’re just extremely perky, aren’t you? Lol. You: YEP!!! ) B) I have my own special group. We like to talk about random stuff. #MEME! (Me: You just had to, didn’t you?) C) I have my besties! We like retro! Yahoo! The party doesn’t start till we- (Me: I’m so sorry, but I had to stop you there. Super sorry.) D) My bestie. We talk about deep stuff like poems and such. (Me: O.o)
- Fave book? (It actually tells a lot . . .) A) I like reading animal stories and the like. All the classics as well. B) Science fiction/Fantasy. I’m not as techie as you think. Seriously! C) Romance and stuff like Twilight or The Fault in Our Stars (both for ages 12 and up). D) Anything dark/scary. It could also be deep or well written.
- Did you like this? I’m also sorry if it sounded stereotypical. I didn’t mean to, honest. (DON’T ADD THIS! IT DOESN’T COUNT FOR YOUR FINAL ANSWER!!!) A) Well . . . It was somewhat stereotypical, but all in all, I LOVED IT!!! B) It kinda offended me . . . Still OK though.(Me: I’m so sorry!) C) Phsshaaaa, girl, I loved it! (Me: Awwww . . . Thanks!) D) ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! THIS WAS THE WORST, MOST STEREOTYPICAL QUIZ I’VE EVER SEEN!!!!! Society these days! (Me: *whimper*.) E) It was pretty good for your first one! It’s really hard sometimes to make a personality quiz that does NOT sound stereotypical. (Me: Thank you! I’ll take that into account!)
Ready for the results? You have to create your results! YOU tell US what your personality is! Leave a Comment with your creative result for this creative personality quiz!