Quick Tips for Back-to-School
Ahhhh, so school is just around the corner. I thought I would give some quick tips for those who are starting their first year of high school . . .
- Don’t sign up for more than 2 Honors classes your first year. You might regret taking too many.
- It’s okay to make new friends.
- Don’t stress yourself out over school work. I know it can get overwhelming but you don’t want to look back on your first year and remember hating it.
- If you have been studying for hours IT’S OKAY TO TAKE A BREAK. Go out with some friends, and eat lots of ice cream. Ice cream makes everything better!
- If you get a bad grade on something remember that someone else probably did worse.
- Make sure you eat lunch! (Even if you only have 20 minutes, grab a yogurt or some fruit.)
- Have at least one fun class like band or art or something you love.
- After-school clubs are worth it. It can be scary joining stuff but trust me, you won’t regret it.
- Try new things. Join the school play, or marching band, or something you’ve never thought of trying. Freshman year is a year for you to figure out what you want to do.
- Lastly, don’t let one bad teacher ruin your year. It’s just one class, and it won’t ruin your grades.
Do you think these tips will help you this school year? Whatever grade you are starting this year, tell us your tips in the Comments! Happy new school year!
Sonja, STACKS Staffer