While going to high school may seem really exciting and amazing and cool, it’s important to remember to make the most of your younger years . . . because once you get to high school, “you lose your best friends when you all discover you like different things.” That’s what CJ’s older brother says in 100 Things to Do Before High School.
We’re inspired by the brave (and goofy) antics of CJ and her BFFs, so we bring you our own bucket list . . . with a twist! Would you rather . . .
- Pull an all-nighter doing homework OR have a sleepover in a haunted house?
- Have your best friend give you a bad makeover OR go on a really weird diet for a week?
- Spend a day at school dressed as a turkey OR have to sing “The Star Spangled Banner” in front of the whole school before a sports game?
- Say “yes” to everything for a day OR lick a toad?
- Get a really bad haircut OR only wear crusty old sandals every day for a month?
- Wear your underpants outside your pants for three classes OR eat a bug for lunch?
- Have your best friend use you as a guinea pig in a science fair project OR wear a super-sparkly “Mom is #1!” sweatshirt on the first day of school?
- Publish a book OR break a world record?
- Meet your favorite celebrity OR talk to your crush?
- Read every book in the library OR get A’s on every test?
Well, there you have it—our middle school bucket list would you rather! Share your answers in the Comments below and tell us what is on YOUR list of 100 things to do before high school!
En-Szu, STACKS Writer
P.S. Don’t worry about high school. You get to keep the friends that you like, and you also get to make even more awesome friends!