If any television actor has undergone an on-screen transformation, it’s Kickin’ It‘s Leo Howard. Remember what he was like when the show first started? But even if Leo–and his character Jack–has changed a bit on the outside, he’s still the super-chill guy we interviewed a little while back. So it was great to catch up with him again and see what he’s been reading, what his favorite school subject is, and more! Check it out. Continue reading
Ordinary, overlooked, 12-year-old Pelle (played by Oscar Dietz) is transformed into an extraordinary superhero after he is bitten by a super-ant and inherits its abilities. Overnight, the boy whom nobody noticed becomes a local hero dubbed “Antboy.” With the help of his sidekick, Wilhelm, climbing walls, flipping cars, stopping robbers, and saving babies all become part of his new dream life. But all this changes when super-villain “The Flea” kidnaps a pretty girl from Pelle’s school. Antboy, Wilhelm, and the missing girl’s sister Ida must fight this treacherous evil, rescue the damsel in distress, save the town from a super-villain, and be home in time for dinner.
Here is the Antboy himself, Oscar Dietz, to tell you what it was like making this movie. Continue reading
Michael Strahan will host Kids’ Choice Sports 2014 on Thursday, July 17 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
Legendary Super Bowl champion and Fox NFL Sunday analyst Michael Strahan will host one of the biggest sports celebrations for kids, the first ever Kids’ Choice Sports 2014 show on Nickelodeon. We talked to the former New York Giant about sports, his favorite athletes, and who will get slimed! Read on. Continue reading
We asked. You responded. We listened! Last week, I asked you to vote on which celebrity interview you wanted to read this week. The clear winner? Good Luck Charlie‘s Shane Harper. Go, Shane!
If you are like me, you’re super-sad that Good Luck Charlie is now over (even though you can still catch episodes on the Disney Channel), but we’re happy we could catch up with Shane, who played Spencer Walsh on the show. We talked books, favorite school subjects, and–of course–music! Check it out. Continue reading
Last month, I asked you to vote on which interviews you wanted to see featured on the STACKS. The response was almost overwhelming! I guess you guys like all things celebrity as much as I do. So for July, we’re bringing the vote system back. Woo hoo!
Here are your options for this round:
- Kelli Berglund (from Lab Rats)
- Shane Harper (from Good Luck Charlie)
- Austin North (from I Didn’t Do It)
- R5 (I know! We have ANOTHER interview with Ross Lynch’s band!)
- Leo Howard (from Kickin’ It)
Which celebrity do YOU want to hear from? Cast your vote by posting your top pick in the Comments below. Don’t forget to get your friends to vote, too. Can’t wait to see which interview wins!
See ya around,
With run-on sentences, missing capital letters, and missing punctuation, these celebrities made a lot of grammar mistakes in last week’s Celebrity Grammar Police Quiz! Of course, no one is perfect and and everybody makes mistakes. I’m not judging! I’m just showing you how these sentences are SUPPOSED to look.
- Austin Mahone: GUESS WHERE I’M GOING TOMORROW!!!
- Peyton List: Every time I make an ugly face on Jessie, I think about how many people are going to screenshot it and make it their profile pic.
- Leo Howard: Hey everyone, did you see last night’s Kickin‘ It. Haha! Love that episode!
- Jake Short: It honestly feels like it’s Saturday. My days are so mixed up.
- Harry Styles: Thank you so much to everyone who bought the album. You’re incredible, and we are nothing without you. I am very, very happy today. x
- Olivia Holt: Blessings show up in many different forms. Don’t ever second guess God’s reasoning.
- Taylor Swift: I LOVE YOU GUYS! WE GOT AN ALBUM OF THE YEAR NOMINATION, AND I AM TOO EXCITED TO USE PUNCTUATION!
- Mindless Behavior: What did you guys think of our new video from the airport? What can we say? We love to dance. LOL!!
- Karan Brar: Everyone has problems. Some people’s problems are more messed up than others, but don’t judge a person based on his or her problems.
- Ross Lynch: 2014, here I come.
Everybody loves Zendaya Coleman. That’s a given. She’s so talented at everything! She sings; she dances, and she acts. It’s kind of unreal since she is only 17 years old! Even if you didn’t watch Shake it Up, you’ve probably heard her music. (I’m a super-fan of “Replay.”) Her new movie Zapped (based on the book Boys Are Dogs) is about a girl named Zoey who discovers that the dog-training app she downloaded onto her phone gives her the ability to give commands to . . . boys!
Zendaya surprised fans by showing up at a special screening of the movie. I’d say they were pretty thrilled to meet her! (I would be, too!) How awesome is that? She seems like the nicest person, like, ever.
We caught up with Zendaya to talk about her new movie, her favorite book, where she’d like to be in five years, and more. Check it out! Continue reading
Have you ever seen Boy Meets World? I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that show. I have since I was really little! I am so excited now because Disney will bring back Cory and Topanga in a new show, Girl Meets World, premiering tonight on Disney Channel at 9:45 p.m. ET/PT. The show will follow the funny and thought-provoking adventures of their daughter, Riley. We’ve got an interview with 12-year-old Rowan Blanchard, who plays Riley, and we got to ask her about her character, her favorite authors, and her most embarrassing moment! Check it out. Continue reading
You know I love the celebrities we get to profile on the STACKS, but I have to reveal a sad truth. While they are all talented and beautiful, they do not always use perfect grammar and spelling when they write to their fans on social media. Shocking, I know, but YOU can help them. Please look at the following sentences and correct the mistakes. They will probably be really grateful for your corrections.
- Austin Mahone: GUESS WHERE IM GOING TOMORROW!!!
- Peyton List: Every time I make an ugly face on Jessie I think about how many people are going to screenshot it and make it their profile pic
- Leo Howard: Hey everyone did you see last nights Kickin it. Haha love that episode!
- Jake Short: It honestly feels like it’s Saturday. My days are so nixed up. (Sonja: It was actually hard to find a mistake from Jake Short. His grammar is really very good!)
- Harry Styles: Thank you so much to everyone who bought the album, you’re incredible. And we are nothing without you, I am very very happy today .x
- Olivia Holt: blessings show up in many different forms. don’t ever second guess God’s reasoning.
- Taylor Swift: I LOVE YOU GUYS WE GOT AN ALBUM OF THE YEAR NOMINATION AND I AM TOO EXCITED TO USE PUNCTUATION (Sonja: At least she knows she made a mistake.)
- Mindless Behavior: what did you guys think of our new video from the airport? what can we say we love to dance LOL!!
- Karan Brar: Everyone has problems. Some peoples problems are more messed up than others, but don’t judge a person based on their problems.
- Ross Lynch: 2014 here I come.
I tried to find a mistake from Dove Cameron but I couldn’t. Her grammar is impeccable! Did you spot the mistakes in all these sentences? Leave the corrected sentences in the Comments and then check your answers.
— Sonja, STACKS Staffer
Are you a fan of Kickin’ It? Well, have we got a treat for you! We were lucky enough to get an interview with Dylan Riley Snyder, who plays Milton on the show. We talked about karate, his character, what kind of pet he wants, and more. Check it out!
Q: Let’s talk about your character, Milton.
Dylan: My character is probably the most well-meaning character on the show, but every time he tries to do something he gets shot down. It drives him more than a little wild. But it’s fun.
Q: Do you guys take karate lessons?
Dylan: Leo [Howard] does karate. I don’t do karate, but we take classes. The instructors are always on set and we learn the moves on set, mostly basic kicks and punches that we learn and piece together into a fight sequence.
Q: If you could have any pet in the world, what pet would you choose?
Dylan: I would have a fox—a red fox. I think they are beautiful! I think it would be great to show up at a party with a fox on a leash. Or I’d pick a Savannah cat…they’re the cats that look like cheetahs. But I’m allergic to cats!
Q: What’s something about you that most people don’t know?
Dylan: I like science a lot. I like looking at things in different ways, solving puzzles, and doing things with my hands…fixing stuff.
Q: What should people do to make the world a better place?
Dylan: Take a look in the mirror and fix what you can. Think about how you can make the people around you happy! And speak up! The world would be a much better place if more people would say what makes them happy.
See ya next time,
Interview by Sue Schneider
Image credit: Disney Channel