As the editor of the Books & Authors website for Teachers on
Scholastic.com, I have a really fun job. I get to read all the books I could ever want — for free — before they are even published! (BTW Inkdeath is amazing. You are going to love it!) But the best part of my job is when I get to meet authors and talk to them about their books, which I did a few weeks ago at the American Library Association Conference in California. Here is how my day went:
- 8AM Wake up and get dressed
- 9AM Eat breakfast in the hotel
- 10AM Set up video equipment to tape the interviews with the
- 12 Interview Kazu Kibuishi. He was really sweet and talked about his graphic novel series Amulet. He even showed us his notebook where he sketches all his ideas before they make it into the final book.
- 1PM Interview Holly Black. She is so cool. She talked about The Spiderwick Chronicles and her new teen graphic novel series The Good Neighbors (for ages 12 and up) which is also about faeries, but the darker more evil side of faeries.