Don’t you love this adorable pine cone owl?
Fall is the perfect time for an outdoor nature walk. It’s also a perfect time for an indoor craft session. This Pine Cone Owl craft comes courtesy of the Scholastic Teachers site, and combines both in one happy, autumn craft. You can take a nature walk to gather the pine cones or buy them at a craft supplies store.
- 1 large pine cone
- Cotton balls
- Googly eyes
- Orange construction paper
- Gently pull apart a few cotton balls to make them fluffy.
- Stuff pieces of cotton into the grooves of the pine cone.
- Near the top of the pine cone, glue on two googly eyes.
- Fold a piece of orange construction paper in half, and cut a triangle on the crease. Glue it onto the owl, below the eyes, for the owl’s beak.
- Glue a few feathers on the sides of the owl and on its head.