You have seen every animated movie there is, and you are obsessed with cartoons, but how well do you know the history of this art form? How well do you really know cartoons?
1. Which one of these things does NOT happen to Nemo? A) He gets lost. B) He earns the nickname “Shark Bait.” C) He gets flushed down the toilet. D) He befriends a fish named Gill.
2. Which animated movie was the first to win an Academy Award for Best Animated Feature? A) Toy Story B) Shrek C) Aladdin D) Nightmare Before Christmas
3. Jack Black voices which of these animated martial arts experts? A) Samurai Jack B) Aang the Avatar C) Kai from Ninjago D) Po the Kung Fu Panda
4. Which of these was a cartoon BEFORE it was a live-action movie? A) Avatar: The Last Airbender B) Batman C) Ghostbusters D) Star Wars
5. Which of these male cartoon characters is actually voiced by a woman? A) Bart Simpson B) Ash Ketchum C) Timmy Turner D) All of the Above
6. The only time Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny have shared the same screen is in which movie? A) Who Framed Roger Rabbit B) The Emperor’s New Groove C) Space Jam D) Lilo and Stitch
7. Which of these Disney villains was still alive at the end of his or her movie? A) Gaston B) Captain Hook C) Ursula D) Scar
8. This cartoon is the longest running animated TV show in history: A) The Flintstones B) Scooby Doo C) The Simpsons D) SpongeBob SquarePants
9. What was the very first full-length animated movie released in America? A) Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs B) Pinocchio C) Fantasia D) Alice in Wonderland
10. Which famous director got his start as a Disney animator? A) Steven Spielberg B) George Lucas C) Joss Whedon D) Tim Burton
Read on for the answers. Continue reading