July 17, 2014
Michael Strahan will host Kids’ Choice Sports 2014 on Thursday, July 17 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
Legendary Super Bowl champion and Fox NFL Sunday analyst Michael Strahan will host one of the biggest sports celebrations for kids, the first ever Kids’ Choice Sports 2014 show on Nickelodeon. We talked to the former New York Giant about sports, his favorite athletes, and who will get slimed! Read on. Continue reading
July 14, 2014
Summer Vacation Would You Rather
It’s finally summer! Do you have wonderful plans to celebrate and have a great time on vacation? Think about these questions and leave your answers in the Comments.
Would you rather . . .
- Go away with your family OR friends?
- Educational trip OR fun trip?
- Safari OR boat cruise?
- Road trip OR Let’s just fly and get there already?
- Play games in the car to pass the time? OR just sleep?
- Somewhere tropical OR I don’t care as long as it’s not home?
- Disney World OR Six Flags?
- Horseback riding in Wyoming OR surfing in California?
- Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco OR Statue of Liberty in New York?
- Rodeo in Texas OR jet ski in South Carolina?
- Camp in the rain forest in South America OR the Sahara desert in Africa?
- The coast of Maine OR the Canadian Rockies?
- The Australian bush OR the Caribbean island of St. John?
- The Great Wall of China OR the Pyramids of Egypt?
- Yellowstone National Park OR Everglades National Park?
- Water park OR ocean?
- Aquarium OR drive-through safari?
- Botanical garden OR zoo?
- Stay in touch with a friend you met on vacation OR long-distance relationships don’t work?
- What’s the best part of staying at a hotel? The tiny bottles of shampoo OR room service?
- Wander around the hotel to see what it looks like OR head straight for the pool?
- Go out to dinner at a fancy restaurant OR stay in for room service?
- Take a lot of pictures OR just enjoy the sights?
- Always go to the same place OR somewhere different?
- Family vacations are the best OR Get me home already?
June 26, 2014
Find some new friends on the STACKS!
Check out the Q&A below and answer all (or some) of the questions from ForestWolf9!
- What’s your favorite snack?
- How long have you been on the STACKS?
- What are your hobbies?
- Have you been to a different country (or countries)? Which ones?
- What are your favorite books?
- What are your favorite movies?
- What’s your favorite funny TV ad?
- Have you ever tried to act like your favorite character from your favorite book/movie (copied his or her hair or makeup or stole his or her catchphrase)?
That’s it for today! Ta-ta!
PS. Get to know more STACKers on the STACK Back Message Board.
June 25, 2014
Grimmtastic Girls Series
In faraway Grimmlandia, there’s one place you have to visit: Grimm Academy. All the coolest fairy tale characters go to school there, from Cinda (a.k.a. Cinderella) and Red (Red Riding Hood, of course!) to Rapunzel and Snow White (but you can call her Snow). The Grimm brothers founded the realm of Grimmlandia and built Grimm Academy long ago to help protect all fairy tale and storybook characters from the wicked E.V.I.L. Society.
Cinda and her friends go to classes (like Bespellings) and to the library (to check out magical objects), but when they hear the E.V.I.L. Society is back in business and making trouble for Grimm Academy, they’ll have to stick together to save their school, even if it means entering Neverwood Forest where even the bravest of fairy tale characters never would go. Want to learn more?
Check out this exclusive excerpt from Chapter 1 of Book 1: Cinderella Stays Late and catch up on all the adventures at Grimm Academy!
June 18, 2014
After the fun of last month’s Funny Books Fiesta, we are enjoying a new STACKS summer reading celebration: the Fantasy Books Festival! Have you ever wished for a Hogwarts letter to come to your house? Have you ever looked inside a wardrobe to see if it’s really a door into another world? Have you ever wondered if your real father is a god from Greek mythology? If so, then you should join us for the Fantasy Books Festival in July. We know just how you feel!
Here is the schedule of events:
Favorite Fantasy Books July 2
Fantasy Guess the Books July 9
Fantasy Who Would Win July 16
Fantasy Book Previews July 23
Harry Potter Week July 28- 31
Readathon/Harry Potter birthday celebration! July 31 Noon -4 pm E.T.
To get started, tell us your favorite fantasy book in the Comments.
June 13, 2014
“Help Not Wanted” Exclusive Jessie Preview
Jessie is in need of some extra money to buy a special gift for her dad’s birthday. She accepts a job at Empire Skate Building only to find out that Emma is her boss, in a new episode of Jessie premiering tonight, Friday June 13 (8:00 p.m. ET/PT) on Disney Channel.
Image credit DISNEY CHANNEL/Eric McCandless
The STACKS got our hands on this EXCLUSIVE photo from tonight’s episode, AND this exclusive Q&A with a few of the stars!
Q: If you weren’t an actor and could be anything in the world, what would you be?
Peyton List: I would be a set designer. I’m adventurous, inquisitive, and curious. I have a very creative and imaginative mind. I love to conceptualize a certain theme in my head and work towards bringing that idea to life.
Skai Jackson: I would be a fashion designer because I love creating new looks and also making clothes. It’s my passion.
Karan Brar: If I wasn’t an actor and I could be anything in the world I would probably be a baker! I know it sounds kind of odd but I have a big sweet tooth and I love cake!
Cameron Boyce: If I could be anything, I’d be a Los Angeles Laker. I’ve loved basketball and especially the Lakers my whole life. I’ve actually played on the floor at Staples Center for a charity celebrity game. I couldn’t stop talking about it afterwards. I’m 15 years old and I still play in my driveway and shoot before the clock in my head runs out.
Will you be watching the new episode of Jessie tonight? Leave a comment!
June 10, 2014
Unscramble the Celebrity Names!
PurpleWizard50 has a new word scramble puzzle for you. Can you unscramble the letters to figure out the names of these celebs? You should recognize a lot of these famous people from their STACKS interviews!
- Ainll Ranho
- Jntisu Irbebe
- Jnhony Pedp
- Dama Nadsler
- Nadlie Cildfrfa
- Mame Snotwa
- Yatorl Wifts
- Lenase Mozge
- Tyak Reyrp
- Rocamne Zaid
Are you stumped? Click here for the answers.
June 3, 2014
Rate Your School Year!
I got this idea from Moderator Katie on the STACKS Buzz Board. Since it is the end of the school year for many of you, take some time now to think over the past year and answer these questions.
- Overall, from 1 (low) to 10 (high), how was your school year?
- What was the BEST thing that happened to you in this school year?
- What was the WORST thing that happened to you in this school year?
- What lessons did you learn from both or either #2 or #3?
- What is your proudest accomplishment in this school year?
- What would you have done differently in this school year?
- Any summer resolutions? What are they?
- What do you want to work on MOST in the next school year?
- What is one experience you had in this school year that you never would have BELIEVED could happen to you?
- Any other hopes, dreams, comments now that this school year is just about done?
Leave your answers in the Comments. Then go read Katie’s original quiz and say, “Hi!” on the Buzz Board!
May 29, 2014
Writing Prompt: How Harry Potter Has Changed YOU
Everyone remembers the first time he or she opened a Harry Potter book and started reading. Think back to the time before Harry Potter was in your life and tell us how reading the books has changed you as a person, changed how you look at certain things, and changed your perspective on life in general.
Firstly, Hermione became my alter-ego and I became a self-motivated, straight-A student. Now I just do my absolute best with everything because she makes it cool to be a nerd. I became more responsible because of Hermione.
Seeing how Harry suffered at the Dursleys’ house made me put my stupid, little problems in perspective.
Seeing how coolly weird Luna is made me accept myself as an individual, if you know what I mean. Like, before, I was obsessed with conforming and being popular, and Luna made me step back and realize that there’s only one of me. And my friendships have actually improved since then.
Harry showed me that you need to believe in yourself and know who your true friends are even when everyone hates you. – EarlyElf6
I must thank Luna the most. Without her, I would probably have always kept my quirky weirdness to myself. To me, HP has been a lot more than words on paper. It has been a life-changing, motivating, roller coaster ride of a story and I absolutely adore it. – Popcorn3Penguin
Leave a Comment here or on the Harry Potter Message Board and tell us: How has reading Harry Potter changed YOUR life?
May 28, 2014
Ever wonder what it’s like to be a Rescue Princess? Here are the basics you need to know!
To be a Rescue Princess . . . Make a secret promise with your fellow princesses to always help animals in trouble. Animal lovers and good secret keepers are the two most important qualities in a Rescue Princess!
Necessary Bling: Heart-Shaped Rings
Invented by Princess Jaminta when the Rescue Princesses were founded, each Rescue Princess wears a sparkling jewel that enables her to call another princess for help! Jaminta shaped the jewels perfectly to bring out the magic inside them. Here’s a quick guide to who wears each stone from the start:
Now Announcing, The Mistberg Grand Ball! Continue reading