July 28, 2015
Harry Potter Would You Rather
EnergeticGriffin20 posted this Harry Potter Would You Rather Quiz on the Harry Potter Message Board.
Would You Rather . . .
- Be a Slytherin or Gryffindor?
- Be a Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw?
- Get stuck in the Chamber of Secrets for 10 minutes or get stuck in a closed room with Dementors for 10 minutes?
- Be Professor Dumbledore or Professor McGonagall?
- Be a Quidditch player or not?
- Study Charms or Potions?
- Have a detention with Professor Snape or Professor Umbridge?
- Live with Harry Potter your whole life or live with Hermione your whole life?
- Be a professor at Hogwarts or a student at Hogwarts?
Leave your answers in the Comments and go visit the Harry Potter Message Board to join the conversation.
July 24, 2015
AUGUST MATURO from Girl Meets World (Auggie)
Q: Is there an actor or an actress that you would love to guest star on Girl Meets World?
August: I would say President Obama and the First Lady to guest star because I really want to meet them.
Q: Describe Sabrina and Rowan in real life.
August: Rowan is always hugging and kissing me, and whenever I’m in the hallway she just runs and grabs me and calls me her love. And Sabrina is just like a little bird singing in the halls always.
Photo credit: DISNEY CHANNEL/Kelsey McNeal
Q: Your birthday’s in August, right?
August: Yeah. That’s not why I’m named August. My mom was reading in the magazine that she saw . . .
Mom: Mariska Hargitay was talking about her son, August, who was just born.
August: And she was going to name me Ocean. And she saw that and she said, “I’m going to name my kid August.”
Mom: My husband’s a surfer and I wanted to name him Ocean, but I just didn’t have the guts because it was so different and everyone was giving me a hard time. “You can’t name your kid Ocean.” So then I said, “Ok, I’ll name this one August,” when I saw the name. But then when I found out I was having another boy, I’m like, “I don’t care what anybody thinks. I’m naming him Ocean. I like the name.” I’ll set the trend. I don’t need to follow a trend. I let Auggie pick through the names.
August: It was Ocean or Silas, and I picked Ocean. And she didn’t care. She just named him Ocean. Don’t think what other people think of you.
July 15, 2015
Book Wars: The Giver vs. The List
My Book War is between two books that I truly enjoyed: The Giver by Lois Lowry, and The List (for ages 12 and up) by Siobhan Vivian. I would compare a book to the Harry Potter series, but I don’t think anything in this world could be as great as the Harry Potter books! So on to my Book War!
What is the main idea of each book? Continue reading
July 10, 2015
If you like karate movies, then check out this inspiring, action-packed comedy, Underdog Kids (rated PG), now out on DVD. The film stars Adam Irigoyen (from Shake It Up! and Wizards of Waverly Place), Ryan Potter (from Big Hero 6 and Supah Ninjas), and Cade Sutton (from Kirby Buckets).
When the struggling Mid-City Community Center’s karate team loses their instructor a week before the big tournament, former MMA champ Jimmy “The Lightning Bolt” returns to his old neighborhood and reluctantly agrees to train the misfit bunch. Despite the struggles they face, the washed-up fighter and group of urban underdogs bravely take on the undefeated Beverly Hills Junior National Karate Team in the ultimate karate showdown at Nationals, and learn confidence, courage and honor along the way.
Watch this video from the Underdog Kids DVD to see the difference between the Beverly Hills team and the misfit underdogs! Can you guess which team is which?
Do you practice karate? What do you think of this new movie Underdog Kids? Leave your thoughts in the Comments!
July 1, 2015
Debate: Your Least Favorite Good Character
There is a debate happening on the Harry Potter Message Board re: Who is your least favorite good guy? And TechnologyAthlete12 has some harsh words about Ron:
Ron. Yep I know a lot of you will be surprised but I just dislike Ron, as he is quite useless throughout the series other than the one time when he destroyed a horcrux. Other than that, all he does is take the female main character (Hermione Granger) as a wife and yeah. He really just slows things down, makes too much noise, and is too sensitive. I guess his family is okay as they help Harry quite a bit throughout the series, but Ron himself really does nothing. I guess he can be funny at times but that is the only positive thing that he does consistently throughout the series.
What do YOU think? Do you agree that Ron is useless? Who is YOUR least favorite good character? Tell us in the Comments!
June 30, 2015
Vacation Would You Rather
Today’s Would You Rather questions come from from IpodClub36.
You and your family are planning a trip, so would you rather . . .
- Go meet your favorite famous movie star OR go to China?
- Go to Paris OR go to Texas?
- Go to Greece OR go to Italy?
- Go hike up a mountain OR swim with dolphins?
- Go play at your friend’s house OR just play in your back yard?
- Go to an art place OR go to a music place?
- Go to Oz OR go to Hogwarts?
Hoped you liked them! Leave your answers in the Comments!
June 25, 2015
Gregg Sulkin from the new DVD movie Frog Kingdom (rated PG) is here to answer YOUR questions!
Q: Can you describe your character in Frog Kingdom? Do you have anything in common with him?
Gregg: I play Inspector Noggin but the movie is about a self-contained world, which is actually just a pond where all the frogs live. It’s a monarchical society with a king and queen and a princess. Every year, they hold the frog Olympic Games and this year, the king has decided to give away his daughter in marriage to the winner of the games. So Princess Froglegs runs away. She disguises herself to compete in the games and win to prove “she don’t need no man.” LOL. Inspector Noggin is one of the king’s advisors and a bit of a know-it-all Sherlock Holmes type. The King sends him off to find the princess and bring her back.
I couldn’t really relate because I like to listen and learn from people who are more knowledgeable than myself, whereas my character definitely doesn’t.
Q: What is your favorite scene in the cartoon Frog Kingdom?
Gregg: Probably Princess Frogleg’s scene at the games.
Q: How did you decide that you wanted to be in the Frog Kingdom?
Gregg: Mychal Simka and I had worked together before and I liked the idea of the film. Mychal wanted me on board, so I was happy to join.
Q: What’s your favorite book and why?
Gregg: Wow. Tough question – I read so many scripts I don’t have time to read books as much as I would like!
Q: Is it fun acting in shows and movies?
Gregg: It’s the best. I’m very lucky and I am very aware of that.
Q: What was it like to be a werewolf in Wizards of Waverly Place?
Gregg: It was awesome. The channel treated me very well and gave me a great platform to build from. I’ve developed as an actor and thankfully my fan base has grown massively too.
Q: What is your favorite food?
Gregg: Chocolate or cookies. I have a sweet tooth.
June 24, 2015
Tombquest author Michael Northrop talks about his books!
Q: Are any of your characters based on real people?
Michael Northrop: None of the characters are based entirely on real people—and I don’t know anyone who’s been brought back from the dead!—but they all have some bits and pieces and traits and tics from real people. As a writer, pieces of yourself make their way into all of your characters. I like to think that I have some of Alex’s determination, and some of Ren’s serious work ethic.
I’ve also visited many of the places mentioned in the books, so I was able to bring real history and a real sense of place into the books. As a New Yorker, I’ve spent many hours at the Metropolitan Museum of Art (and in the subway system!) and I was also able to visit London and the British Museum, where Book 2 takes place. It did rain while I was there . . . just not blood rain.
Q: If you had to trade places with one of your characters for a day, who would it be?
Michael Northrop: That’s an easy one—I’d trade places with Alex and spend the day having a blast (of wind) with the scarab!
Q: In real life, would any of your characters be friends of yours?
Michael Northrop: I like all of the main characters! Luke might be too cool for me, but if we found ourselves together we could definitely talk sports for an afternoon and probably catch a game. And Alex and Ren are a tight little BFF unit—they don’t necessarily need a third wheel following them around and trying to write down everything they say as research for the fourth book. So I’d probably end up hanging out with Todtman and practicing my horrible German.
Michael Northrop, Author
June 23, 2015
Hi! Now that school is out, you have time to think about very deep, important topics that your brain just couldn’t focus on while you had so much homework to finish! Well, this quiz is your chance to go deep into your own heart and soul and tell us about the real you. We want to know . . .
- What is your favorite season and why?
- Do you prefer new beginnings or old traditions?
- What is your favorite place and why?
- What is your favorite food?
- In general, do you enjoy school?
- What is one thing that is very important to you?
- Do you think outside the box?
- What is your favorite subject in school?
- What genres of books do you like to read and why?
- Are you an optimist or a pessimist?
- Do you like happy endings, sad endings, or open (hopeful) endings?
- Do you prefer peace or excitement?
- Do you enjoy a lot of suspense in books?
- Name a few of your favorite books.
- Name someone you admire and why.
- What are you excited for in the upcoming year?
- What is something in your life that is bothering you at the moment?
- What is something about other people that is bothering you at the moment?
- Name a couple of books that have affected you in some way.
- When making an important decision, do you mostly consider the past, the present, or your hopes for the future?
Leave your answers in the Comments — to just 1 question or as many questions as you want to answer!
Sonja, STACKS Staffer
June 22, 2015
Would You Rather: Summer
Today’s Summer Would You Rather questions come from CatGymnastics173 on the STACK Back Message Board.
1. Would you rather have a summer with tons of snow OR a winter with a massive heat wave?
2. Would you rather drink hot chocolate in summer OR eat ice cream in winter?
3. Would you rather have your own custom beach umbrella that you designed online for a lot of money OR buy a very cheap beach umbrella with only a few colors?
4. Would you rather go to summer school but have more breaks off during the year OR not go to summer school and get no breaks at all (except for holidays)?
5. Would you rather study all summer (with no free time) and have nice, breezy weather OR not study at all and have it be so hot that you need a cooler every second?
6. Would you rather read 300 books by the end of the summer and get extra credit in school and an awesome prize OR read only 10 books by the end of the summer, have to redo a grade, and get a rock as a prize?
7. Would you rather have a big summer party for one day but have to go back to school for the rest of the summer OR have to study every day but never have homework and have many breaks during the year?
8. Would you rather have tons of fun free time all year without school and homework, but lose all your friends OR go to school every single day of the year with large piles of homework but keep all your friends?
9. Would you rather sew your own bathing suit for 2 weeks in the heat (no breaks) and have it be totally worth it OR buy a bathing suit at the store and never ever get to go to the beach again?
10. Would you rather go to the beach every single day with it very cool out OR go to the amusement park every day with the weather being roasting hot?
Hope you like it!