Did you know that in France people eat snails as an appetizer? With garlic and butter of course! In other parts of the world people eat fried chicken’s feet. Watch out for the bones though – I’ve heard they get annoying after a while.
And one of the craziest I’ve come across yet is the Japanese and Korean delicacy known as odori don. It’s a raw squid or octopus whose legs seem to come to life and move a little when salty soy sauce is dumped over them!
How far would you go? Take a bite out of our Weird Food Would You Rather, and let us know your dietary limit! Would you rather . . .
- Eat fried crickets (like in Thailand!) OR French fried caterpillars (in Mexico)?
- Eat a raw chili pepper OR drink a raw egg?
- Eat a fried spider (Cambodia) OR a boiled stinkbug (Africa)? Apparently stinkbug tastes a bit like a crunchy apple!
- Eat fried rattlesnake (Southwestern United States) OR a cobra heart (Vietnam)?
- Eat potato chips dipped in cottage cheese OR chocolate?
- Eat eels (I had them in China, and they taste like mushroom spaghetti!) OR jellyfish? Some people say jellyfish tastes like munching on rubber bands!
Hopefully you haven’t lost your appetite, and you can let us know what you’d rather in the Comments below!
-Ratha, STACKS Writer