May 11, 2016
We know a lot of you love Pokémon, as we saw in our recent Most Powerful Pokémon post.
If you’re not familiar with the power of Pokéman, they are fictional creatures that humans catch and train to battle each other for sport. And with just around 722 Pokémon characters to choose from – spanning games, TV series, movies, and comics – it’s hard to pick a favorite! Whether you’re a seasoned Pokéfan, just discovering Pokémon, take a poke at our Pokémon Would You Rather.
Would You Rather . . .
- Be in a Pokémon cartoon OR video game?
- Be Dialga (the steel dragon) and be able to warp time by speeding it up and slowing it down, OR Palkia (the water dragon) and be able to warp space, and travel to other dimensions?
- Have the power to copy your foe’s ability (Trace) OR the power to make your foe infatuated with you (Cute Charm)?
- Have Mega Kangaskhan OR Mega Rayquaza be your battle BFF?
- Have the power to turn your enemy to ice with an icy punch OR make your enemy fall asleep?
- The winner of the cutest Pokémon is . . . Pikachu OR Eevee?
- Be a “god” like Arceus OR a “beast” like Deoxys?
- Win a Pokémon playing card tournament OR Pokémon video game tournament?
Let us know your answers, and your Pokémon Would You Rather questions in the Comments below!
May 3, 2016
Do you play an instrument? Are you one of those fabulously talented people who can transform an empty room into an instant dance party? Well, we know it’s not easy being awesome, so this Top Ten List is for you! We’ve compiled a list of top 10 problems only people who play an instrument understand.
- Spit valves and emptying your spit. (Eww).
- What to wear to the band concert.
- Messing up your solo at the band concert!
- Your saxophone, backpack, and athletic gear take up an ENTIRE school bus seat.
- Saying this to your friends: “I can’t come over today. I have to practice.”
- Short nails (sorry violin players).
- When you have to rehearse a song that you hate over and over and over . . . and over again.
- A broken string at the worst possible time.
- When your little brother “practices” on your trumpet.
- Demands to perform at every family gathering.
What about you guys? Do you play an instrument? Let us know some of YOUR problems in the Comments below!
April 29, 2016
If you’ve seen the new show Stuck in the Middle, you’re probably a fan, because once you watch one episode you just can’t stop! At least this was the case for me. The show is about Harley Diaz and her six (yep six!) siblings and she’s the middle kid.
- Rachael – the oldest, totally vain and into her looks and social media.
- Ethan – Harley’s favorite sibling, budding musician, and partner in crime.
- Georgie – basketball player who makes up for lack of “skill” with positive will (known to say “Negativity is loserville, my friend!”). Slightly annoying but kind of funny.
- Twins Louie and Beast – crazy mini-ninjas.
- Daphne – the youngest, usually wearing a tutu, tiara, and their mom’s high heels.
Her mom occasionally hides in the pantry to escape from the craziness of seven kids, and the kids often eat food from the garbage. But hey – this just happens sometimes with seven kids in one family!
Would You Rather. . .
- Be the oldest of seven siblings OR the youngest?
- Have your family forget your birthday OR totally embarrass you in front of your crush on your birthday?
- Have your wi-fi cancelled OR your device/tablet broken?
- Have a big family OR be an only child?
- Be a rock star musician OR world famous scientist?
- Only get 3 minutes in the bathroom in the morning OR have to share a toothbrush with your sibling?
- Babysit three crazy 5-year olds OR change five poopy diapers?
Let us know what you’d rather in the Comments below!
April 20, 2016
Are you a fan of the Dork Diaries series – or as my friend says “kind of like Diary of a Wimpy Kid for girls?” It follows middle-schooler Nikki Maxwell, a normal (but dorky) girl who transfers into an expensive private school. She makes new, fabulously dorky friends, and battles the beautiful, popular crowd, navigating school life with lots of laughs and crazy adventures.
There are 10 books in the series, and a Dork Diaries movie is in development. If you’re psyched about that, then check out our Dork Diaries Would You Rather, inspired by the books!
Would You Rather . . .
1. Have dorky friends OR snobby friends?
2. Volunteer in the school library OR volunteer in an animal shelter?
3. On a dare – toilet paper someone’s house OR tell your crush you like him or her in a different language?
4. Be poor OR spoiled?
5. Get locked in the janitor’s closet OR locked in Brianna’s “diva hair salon” where her crazy 6-year-old sister experiments on your hair?
6. Enter an ice skating competition OR a pop star talent competition?
7. Have your diary stolen OR your brand new phone stolen?
Let us know your answers in the Comments below! And go to the Reading Buzz Board to answer this poll: Which is your fave – Diary of a Wimpy Kid or Dork Diaries?
March 25, 2016
We love Taylor Swift! Our Taylor Swift: Would You Rather got over 250 Comments. She has accomplished more than most people will in a lifetime. She’s racked up many Grammy Awards and has been ranked by Forbes magazine as the 12th-most powerful celebrity. She’s also starred in blockbuster movies like Valentine’s Day, The Giver, and even hosted Saturday Night Live. Test yourself to find out how much you know about Taylor Swift!
1. What was Taylor Swift’s very first #1 Billboard song back in 2012? A) “You Belong With Me” B) “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” C) “Love Story” D) “Shake it Off”
2. Fill in the blank. “Welcome to ___ _____.” (Hint: it’s a city!)
3. What is Taylor Swift’s lucky number? A) 7 B)13 C) 1989 D) 1
4. What is Taylor’s favorite nail polish color? A) Red. B) Blue. C) Black. D) Pale Green.
5. TRUE or FALSE? Taylor Swift originally wanted to be a country music singer.
6. Name the number of Grammy Awards Taylor Swift has won. A) 10 B) 3 C) 29
7. Her 1989 album has had five #1 Billboard hits! See if you can name them by filling in the blanks.
- W—— D—–
- S—- It O–
- B– B—-
- Bl— Sp—
8. TRUE or FALSE? Taylor’s parents both have backgrounds in the finance and banking industry.
9. What is Taylor Swift’s favorite animal? (Hint: she has two of these as pets.) Continue reading
March 22, 2016
In your opinion, cats are purrr-fect, but there are a few . . . um . . . issues that come with being a cat owner. If your kitty companion is the love of your life, or you just love cats in general, then this Top 10 List is for you!
- Hair is in everything around your house (from your morning cereal to your favorite eye shadow).
- Your cat fell asleep in your lap and now you can’t move because you don’t want to wake it up.
- Your cat is wide awake at 3 a.m. and wants you to play!
- Cleaning the litter box. EWW!
- Allergies? They’re kind of worth it.
- Sometimes after “playing” with your cat, it looks like Wolverine attacked you.
- You answer your cat’s random meows with “Yes, totally! I know, me too!”
- Your cat wants to lie down right on top of whatever you are working on at the moment: your homework, computer, your painting for art class. . .
- You accidentally trapped your cat in the kitchen cabinet. (Who knew he liked to leap up there and take a nap?)
But of course, these problems are nothing compared with that cute, little bundle of fur that loves you. Do you have any problems only a cat lover would understand? Let us know in the Comments!
March 8, 2016
How hard is it being an older sister?! Can any of you guys relate? We’ve compiled a list of top 10 problems . . . only older sisters understand.
- Younger brothers. (Farts! Burps! Pulling your hair!)
- Parents expect you to “be the responsible one and set the example.”
- You had to eat lima beans first.
- When your younger sibling steals your stuff.
- When your younger sibling imitates everything you do.
- You get blamed for all fights because “you’re bigger.”
- When your younger sibling barges into your room and won’t leave.
- When your younger sibling reveals something embarrassing in front of your crush.
- When you have to include your little brother/sister when you play with YOUR friends.
- Changing diapers.
Are you an older sister? What are the best and worst things about being an older sister? Air your grievances in the Comments below!
February 11, 2016
February 29, 2016 is Leap Day!
Poor February 29th. It’s the only day of the year that gets added and then dropped. Every 4 years, we celebrate it; the years in between, we don’t. 2016 is a leap year so this year, February has 29 days instead of 28 days. We get an extra day, but next year, it’s back to 28 days in February. Crazy!
Leap days are added to keep our calendar in alignment with the Earth’s revolution around the sun. It takes the Earth about 365.242199 days to circle the sun. Notice this is a little over 365. So if we didn’t add an extra day every 4 years, we’d lose some time. About 6 hours every year. After 100 years, our calendar would be off by 24 days!
Suspicious? You should be. Check out our Leap Year Trivia Quiz to investigate further.
January 19, 2016
Problems Only Dog Lovers Understand
Do you have a dog? Or just love dogs in general? Then you know there are some problems that non-dog people just don’t get. Can you relate to any of these problems that only dog lovers understand?
- You toss food on the floor of restaurants because you forget your dog isn’t there to eat your leftovers.
- You have enough hair all over your bed to make an entire wig.
- When someone yells, “Fetch!” you look around for flying balls.
- Your windows are always smudgy from your dog’s nose prints.
- There’s a giant drool spot on the couch where you were about to sit.
- Those sad, sad puppy eyes break your heart every morning when you have to leave for school.
- It is sometimes embarrassing when friends come over and your dog acts INSANE!
- Your foot is asleep right now because your dog is sitting on it and won’t get up!
- You have to hide your favorite shoes because your dog thinks they are chew toys.
- It is minus 20 degrees out and you have to go walk your dog in the snow. Brrr!
Can you relate to any of these? Let us know YOUR problems that only other dog lovers would understand!
December 31, 2015
Today is New Year’s Eve, and we want to know how you guys are celebrating! Usually I just hunker down with family, make some yummy dips and desserts to eat, and watch the ball drop on TV. What about you guys? Let’s start the countdown to the new year with some Would You Rather New Year’s Eve questions!
Would You Rather . . .
- Stay up until midnight OR be cozy and asleep in your bed by 10?
- Celebrate in Sydney, Australia OR Los Angeles, California? (Sydney is one of the first cities to get to midnight, and Los Angeles is one of the last!)
- Blow party horns OR bang pots and pans?
- At midnight, have to kiss a slimy octopus OR a crazy squirrel?
- Be at the New York City ball drop in person OR watch it on TV?
- Have a snowy, blizzardy New Year’s OR tropical island New Year’s?
- Make a New Year’s Resolution to clean your room every day OR eat broccoli every day?
Let us know YOUR answers (and your New Year’s plans!) in the Comments below!
-Ratha, STACKS Writer