August 22, 2016
They make up less than 10% of the population. They are more prone to allergies. They are more likely to be a male than female. And their nails grow faster on their left hands than on their right! Who are they? Clap your left AND left hands together for … left-handers.
But wait, being a lefty is not all rainbows and unicorns. There are some problems righties will never know about. That’s why we’d now like to bring your attention to …
10 Problems Only Left Handed People Understand
10. You have to carefully plan which hand to extend when shaking hands.
9. Video game controllers drive you crazy.
8. It’s hard to find a left-handed baseball glove.
7. Spiral notebooks always poke you.
6. The mouse in your computer lab is always on the right.
5. You’re the only one in your family. Sniff sniff.
4. Scissors are tricky.
3. You get tired of hearing, “What? You’re a lefty?”
2. Markers and pencils smudge when you write.
1. Your left hand is covered with those smudges!
And there you have it. Are you left-handed? Share your trials and tribulations in the Comments below!
July 27, 2016
Five dragon eggs are stolen away and hatched in secret, raised to one day fulfill an ancient prophecy and end the war. The Wings of Fire series follows these dragons as teenagers. It’s not just full of fighting and fantasy and fate (although there’s plenty of that!) but also dragon bullies, lovable nerds, crushes, and funny personalities.
Whether you’ve been a fan forever or are just getting interested, test your fate with the Wings of Fire Would You Rather.
Would You Rather . . .
1. Breathe fire like a Nightwing OR deadly, freezing air like a Skywing?
2. Be attacked by an enchanted statue OR locked in an underwater prison?
3. Dream about food like Clay OR read minds like Moonwatcher?
4. Have your mouth bound shut so you can’t spit out your poisonous venom OR have your touch be made of fire?
5. Be raised as a killer (like Peril) OR be raised with the pressure of fulfilling a prophecy to save the world?
6. Live in an underwater kingdom OR rainforest kingdom?
7. Baby dragons OR baby dinosaurs?
Hatch your answers in the Comments below, and let us know if you love the Wings of Fire series too!
July 26, 2016
Pack Up! Hiking and Camping Name Generator
People who hike the Appalachian Trail come up with fake names for themselves so they don’t reveal their real names to strangers they meet on the Trail. Wish you had your own outdoorsy, fake name? You can make one with our HIKING AND CAMPING NAME GENERATOR!
Find the first letter of your first name in the left column below, and the word next to it is your new first name. Then find the first letter of your last name in the right column below, and the word next to it is your new last name. So if your name is, say . . . Abercrombie Fitch, your new hiking name is Bear-Poop Mosquito.
Ready to become that cool, outdoorsy hiking and camping person? Go!
||First Letter of First Name
||First Letter of Last Name
||First Aid Kit
What’s your Hiking and Camping Name? Tell us in the Comments below!
-Ratha (a.k.a Blaze Crickets)
July 20, 2016
Have you read all 10 Diary of a Wimpy Kid books? Are you eagerly awaiting the release of Book #11 Double Down coming out November 1, 2016? If so, we’ve got just the thing to get you through. Check out our Top 10 list of…
10 Things Only Wimpy Kid Fans Understand
10. You will never eat a slice of deli cheese again.
9. When your mom asks you to change your baby sister/brother’s diaper you start singing the “Exploded Diaper” song.
8. Other people’s parents try to talk to them while on the toilet, too?
7. Why taking a “shower” at camp with baby wipes… is actually a pretty good solution.
6. Why wearing your older brother or sister’s hand-me-down underwear is a problem.
5. Silas Scratch.
4. The difference between a purse and an embroidered book bag.
3. That scary moment when you have to stop going to the kiddie dentist … and start the adult dentist.
2. When you take a picture of somebody’s bent inside-of-the-elbow, but your photography teacher thinks it is somebody’s butt (and of course you get in trouble).
1. “I’ll be famous one day, but for now I’m stuck in middle school with a bunch of morons.”
Are you a huge Diary of a Wimpy Kid fan? Let us know in the Comments below!
July 12, 2016
If you are sometimes shy, enjoy quiet time to just think, and like to be by yourself a lot, you may be an introvert. Almost one half of the population is introverted but when you’re an introvert, it can feel like the whole world is a giant, non-stop noise box. Your strength is in listening and being sensitive to other people, but because you don’t blab about how great you are, people don’t always recognize your quiet awesomeness. (Personally, I think we ALL have a little bit of introvert in us!) Take a look and see if you can relate to:
10 Problems Only Introverts Understand
- An oral presentation or even just answering a question in class is sometimes scary.
- You would rather eat lunch in the library or in a classroom with a small group of friends than in the loud lunchroom.
- You prefer writing or drawing to talking sometimes.
- After spending a few hours in a noisy group of friends or family, you need to be quiet by yourself for a little while.
- You practice conversations in your head, so the real ones aren’t so terrifying.
- You want to do homework or read during your after-school play date – but your friend wants to talk and talk and talk. And talk.
- Having conversations with grownups. It’s bad.
- People keep asking you, “Are you ok?” or “Why are you so quiet?”
- You wish you had noise-cancelling headphones when riding the school bus.
- You are the best listener you know but people don’t always listen to you.
If you can relate to these problems, then you might be an introvert. Leave a Comment to let us know what’s going on inside your mind!
July 4, 2016
Everyone has problems, but if you’re obsessed with the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series (as we know many of you are) this list is for you! See if you can identify with . . .
10 Problems Only Percy Jackson Fans Understand
10. You can’t decide on naming your goldfish Artemis or Poseidon.
9. You get in trouble for telling people to go to Hades.
8. You call your blanket your “Golden Fleece.”
7. You keep thinking that creepy tree in your backyard is Thalia’s tree and she’s trapped inside.
6. You tell people that you’re “half-blood” when you are half-Irish and half-Italian.
5. You imagine what it would be like to never age past 16 if you were inducted as one of Artemis’s lieutenants.
4. You are desperate to go to Camp Half-Blood. (This is actually a real camp that my friends do! We’re talking daily missions, battle training, sword fighting, and more.)
3. You keep calling your half-brother “Tyson” and pretending he is a Cyclops.
2. You can’t stop harassing your friends to read the series.
1. You wander aimlessly around your house because you finished all the books.
Are you obsessed with Percy Jackson? Tell us in how bad it is in the Comments below!
July 1, 2016
Summer Camp Bunk’d Style!
Just in time for summer camp season, we thought it was the perfect time for some Bunk’d Would You Rather! If you went crazy over Disney Channel’s Jessie, then you’re a fan of Bunk’d which is the spinoff TV show. The cast (minus Jessie and Luke – boo hoo!) make their way to Camp Kikiwaka, the summer camp their parents met at when they were teenagers.
There are new characters like the heartthrob camp counselor Xander, and the outdoorsy farm girl Lou. Add in campers Jorge who claims he was abducted by aliens, and Tiffany who is super-smart and has over-protective parents. Throw these city kids into the wild – and it makes for some pretty funny episodes!
To get you in summer camp survival mode, tell us Would You Rather . . .
1. Sleep-away camp OR day camp?
2. Tell ghost stories OR see a bear?
3. Tug of War OR Canoe Race?
4. Get poison ivy OR be bitten by a swarm of mosquitoes?
5. Be bunkmates with Emma OR Ravi?
6. Have a cute camp counselor OR “survival-expert” camp counselor?
7. Step in bear poop OR get sprayed by a skunk?
8. Camping on the beach OR the forest?
9. Give up your phone/device all summer OR give up candy?
10. Get attacked by an angry chipmunk OR angry bald eagle?
Let us know what you’d rather . . . and what you think of Bunk’d in the Comments below. Happy Camping!
Photo courtesy of Disney Channel
June 28, 2016
Happy Birthday to Dobby the House Elf! Celebrate with Quotes!
In honor of our favorite house elf, Dobby, from the Harry Potter series and his birthday on June 28th, we would like to take a moment to reflect on his awesomeness and wisdom.
As many of you know, Dobby started as a house elf enslaved to the Malfoy family. He loved Harry, and Harry eventually helped Dobby earn his freedom when he tricked Lucius Malfoy into giving him his freedom. He then worked at Hogwarts, giving us tons of hilarious one-liners and escapes until the bitter end. But enough about that! Let’s now celebrate Dobby with some of his most memorable quotes!
- “Dobby will have to punish himself most grievously for coming to see you, sir. Dobby will have to shut his ears in the oven door for this.” (Chamber of Secrets)
- “Dobby has never been asked to sit down by a wizard — like an equal --”(Chamber of Secrets)
- “Harry Potter must not go back to Hogwarts.” (Chamber of Secrets)
- Harry: ”You’d better clear off before my bones come back, Dobby, or else I might strangle you.”
Dobby: ”Dobby is used to death threats, sir. Dobby gets them five times a day at home.” (Chamber of Secrets)
- “Harry Potter mustn’t be angry with Dobby. Dobby did it for the best.” (Chamber of Secrets)
- “Socks are Dobby’s favorite, favorite clothes sir! But sir . . . they has made a mistake in the shop, Harry Potter. They is giving you two the same.” (Goblet of Fire)
- “Professor Dumbledore said we is free to – to . . . call him a – a barmy old codger if we likes, sir!” (Goblet of Fire)
- “And if Dobby does it wrong, Dobby will throw himself off the topmost tower, Harry Potter!” (Half-Blood Prince)
- “Kreacher will not insult Harry Potter in front of Dobby! No he won’t, or Dobby will shut Kreacher’s mouth for him!” (Half-Blood Prince)
- Bellatrix Lestrange: ”You stupid elf! You could have killed me!”
Dobby: ”Dobby never meant to kill! Dobby only meant to maim, or seriously injure!”(Deathly Hallows)
I can’t say how much I loved Dobby’s character. What about you guys? Share your deepest thoughts in the Comments below!
Dobby clay model by Jim Kay
June 6, 2016
Are you obsessed with Minecraft? Can you spend hours creating your world and visiting your friends’ worlds? Do you eat, sleep, and breathe Minecraft? When you get tired of playing, do you switch over to watching videos of other people playing Minecraft? If so, this is for you. Read on to see if you DIG:
10 Problems Only Minecraft Fans Understand!
- When a zombie kills your dog (or cat or bunny or horse).
- Your game glitches and you accidentally die.
- You build a fireplace in your house . . . and your house accidentally catches fire.
- You can’t decide who is better: Stampy Cat or Dan TDM. It is TOO HARD to decide.
- When your sister plays your game and changes/damages/erases your world. Not cool.
- Lava. It’s bad news.
- You are constantly searching online how to build cool stuff like ender portals, pirate ships, mob traps, real stuff like the Empire State Building or Titanic . . . the list goes on and on.
- You can’t stop blowing stuff up with TNT.
- You have nightmares about a chicken jockey (a baby zombie riding on a chicken) attacking you.
- You have nightmares about not being able to play Minecraft.
Are you a Minecrafter? Let us know your problems only fellow Minecraft fans would understand – in the Comments below!
May 24, 2016
Flickr photo by Yoppy
Do you wear eyeglasses? Or maybe you need glasses, but you have a habit of “forgetting” to put them on? If you’re nearsighted, this one’s for you. Get ready to take a closer look at . . .
- Bangs + Glasses = Drama. The constant fight with your bangs and glasses leaves you with greasy hair, an itchy face, and no patience.
- Swimming without your glasses. If you lose sight of your friends at the pool, you might not find them again for an hour.
- Waking up and trying to find your glasses so you can see. It’s even worse at a sleepover!
- Before you got glasses, you never saw individual blades of grass or leaves on trees. Amazing.
- Forgetting your glasses in your desk at school. Again.
- Squinting. Lots of it.
- The “3” looked like an “8.” It REALLY did.
- As hard as you try, you just can’t get those splotches off of your glasses from this morning’s hair stylizing.
- Protective sports goggles. Is there anything more awkward?
- You can’t wear your trendy headbands with your glasses. Noooooo!
And there you have it. Are you nearsighted? Share your dramas in the Comments below!