We got up-close and personal with the 5-piece band R5 consisting of Ross Lynch, Riker Lynch, Rocky Lynch, Rydel Lynch, and (Ellington) Ratliff. What’s it like touring the world? What are their favorite things about each other? Find out the answers to these questions and more below! Continue reading
It’s summertime! Even if your schedule is packed to the rafters with camping trips, pool parties, concerts, theme parks, and more, chances are you’ll find yourself with at least an hour or two of downtime . . . so what do you do? Don’t let boredom bring you down! Take our handy-dandy Boredom Personality Quiz and find out what activity YOU should do to keep the boredom at bay. You’re in for one very fun summer!
- Your favorite pizza is . . . a) extra cheese. b) plain. c) pepperoni. d) veggie. e) something you’ve never tried before.
- Your dream fictional creature pet would be . . . a) a unicorn. b) a talking mouse. c) Pegasus. d) a phoenix. e) a dragon.
- Your dream digs would be . . . a) a castle by the sea. b) a quiet cottage in the woods. c) a farm. d) an apartment in a busy city. e) nowhere in particular–your dream is to travel, not settle down!
- You are most drawn to the color . . . a) blue. b) grey. c) yellow. d) green. e) red.
- You are most grossed out by . . . a) people who are mean to other people. b) people with really bad table manners. c) people who complain. d) blood! e) dirty dishes.
- You deal with frustrating situations by . . . a) taking a deep breath and trying to be patient. b) avoiding them!!! c) sticking by your convictions no matter what. d) finding a creative solution that makes everyone happy. e) getting someone else to help you stay positive.
- You watch TV and movies . . . a) a few hours a month. b) hardly ever. You can go weeks without TV and somehow survive! c) a few hours a day. d) only when it’s a show or movie you really, really want to see. e) a few hours a week.
- When out shopping, you . . . a) get things in a style you know you already like. b) get things that are comfortable. c) pick out the trendiest stuff you possibly can! d) go for new styles and looks you haven’t tried. e) zero in on the active gear.
- When something embarrassing happens you . . . a) get really mad, but cool off quickly and forget about it a few days later. b) hide in your room until you think most people have forgotten. c) laugh along with everyone. d) write about it in your journal until you feel better . . . . about a week later. e) do something awesome that will make everyone forget how embarrassing that was!
- Your favorite subject in school is . . . a) Computers. b) Language Arts. c) Science. d) Art. e) Math.
Keep reading for the results! Continue reading
Do y’all remember the fantabulous Winter Name Generator? Well, it’s definitely not winter anymore, so it’s time for new names. I’m thinking that it’s time for . . . SUMMER NAMES!!! Introducing the wonderfully weird and wonky Summer Name Generator! (This is version 2.0. If you want two special summer names, you should try out last summer’s, too!).
Here’s how the Summer Name Generator works. Find the first initial of your first name in the list below. That word is your summer first name. Then look at the list of the months below and find the month of your birthday. That word is your summer last name. For example, my name begins with an E and my birthday is in March, so my new summer name would be Pool Noodle Surfer. I’m into it!
- A – Sunny
- B – Sunshine
- C – Water Slide
- D – Sandy
- E – Pool Noodle
- F – Flip Flop
- G – Beachy
- H – Jumprope
- I – Leafy
- J – Bicycle
- K – Thunder
- L – Sunglasses
- M – Grass
- N – Popsicle
- O – Roller Coaster
- P – Vacation
- Q – Lake
- R – Canoe
- S – Festival
- T – SPF
- U – Forest
- V – Starry
- W – Zipline
- X – Hiking
- Y – Nature
- Z – Explorer
- January – Shorts
- February – Backpack
- March – Surfer
- April – Frisbee
- May – Speedboat/li>
- June – Water Bottle
- July – Lightning
- August – Firecracker
- September – Hummingbird
- October – Sprinkler
- November – Hopscotch
- December – Picnic
It’s heating up fast outside and soon it’ll be vacation time. Get ready by grabbing your sweetest swimwear, favorite flip flops, coolest sidewalk chalk, and brand-new SUMMER NAME! What’s your new, wacky summer name? Share it in the Comments below!
See ya around,
En-Szu, a.k.a. Pool Noodle Surfer
Now that it’s finally spring, I’m so excited to sit outside in the park and read books all day. . . and of course, I have my handy-dandy Books of the Month post to help me plan out my reading list!
Last month I asked you to share what books you were reading (and loving) and I’ve put the results into a word cloud. Check it out . . .
Percy Jackson is obviously the runaway star of this month. More of you voted for PJ this time around than ever before! So I guess I’ll finally be finishing the series this May, and wishing and hoping for a third movie!
What books are you reading now? What books do you think everyone MUST MUST MUST put at the very tippy-top of their summer reading list? Share in the Comments below!
En-Szu, STACKS Writer
It’s your turn to pick a restaurant for dinner on family night out, so you pick . . . a) your favorite diner. b) pizza. c) tacos with the works!!! d) the new Thai restaurant that opened last week. e) Chinese take-out. Eating at home is so much more cozy than going out.
Time to get a new book from the library! You’re leaning towards . . . a) the next book in the current series you are reading. b) something that’ll make you laugh until you cry. c) the book that inspired the movie you saw last weekend. d) something cool and non-fiction, like a book about your favorite animal. e) sci-fi and fantasy all the way!
You can’t leave the house without wearing your . . . a) watch! b) favorite sneakers! c) sunglasses! d) headphones! e) backpack!
When it comes to doing long-term homework assignments, you . . . a) plan ahead, wayyyy ahead, and finish it a day early. b) What? There was a long-term assignment?! c) remember it a few days before it’s due, and get it done just in time. d) spend a lot of time thinking of different ideas, and really struggle to decide on one until the last minute. e) put it off until the night before, then knock it out like a champ. No worries.
If you were allowed to do whatever you wanted with your hair, you would . . . a) do something temporary, like hair chalk or a French braid. b) cut it short, if you have long hair, or grow it long, if you have short hair. c) dye it a funky, bright color! d) get a really edgy and fashion-forward cut. e) keep it as it is, since you’re comfortable and happy with your simple style.
Your favorite TV show is . . . a) a teen drama. b) a cartoon. c) a Disney or Nick show with your favorite stars. d) a foreign drama or anime. e) a documentary series.
For your birthday, you would like to . . . a) go bowling. b) have a pizza party. There’s really no such thing as too much pizza. c) ride around town with your best friends in a limousine! d) have a crafting party. e) have a cookout at home.
Your dream pet is a . . . a) cat. b) talking parrot. c) snake. d) ferret. e) dog. Continue reading
Are you a rebellious rocker? A classy classical kid? A peppy popster? Take the quiz to find out what type of music best fits your unique personality.
- It’s Spirit Week at school! You’re most looking forward to . . . A) Professional Day. You love wearing your fanciest clothes to school once in a while. B) Pajama Day. Chillin’ in your pjs all day sounds pretty awesome! C) Crazy Day. It’s finally a day when you can go wild with your own style! D) School Colors Day. You’ve got the PERFECT pair of sneakers to match your letter jacket. E) Superhero Day. It took you forever to decide between Thor and Spider-Man, but it looks like you’ve finally made the best choice! Continue reading
The Most Popular Books of the Month
This long and dreadful winter is finally, finally coming to a close. At least we had PLENTY of time to power through our to-read lists with all of those snow days and freezing weekends. Unless, of course, you’re from some sunny spot that has never felt the icy grip of below-freezing temperatures . . . in which case, I’m super jealous. But anyway, I asked you last month what books you were reading and loving, and the response was crazy amazing! Thank you everyone who shared their gotta-read-it-right-now picks. Here they are:
Percy Jackson is the runaway favorite this round, but Dork Diaries is getting some serious representation. Go, Dork Diaries fans! Way to show your support! Harry Potter and Heroes of Olympus are neck and neck this time. It’s a very close call. Between the two, which is your favorite?
There were a lot of new contenders this time around, too. I see you, Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library! I’m definitely reading that next.
Let’s keep this going. What other books are you super-excited about? What book must everyone in the world read at least ONCE? Share your picks in the Comments below!
See ya next month!
En-Szu, STACKS Writer
Choose Your Own Adventure: A St. Patrick’s Day Story Part 3
You follow Niamh through a wooded glen. You are greeted at every step by all sorts of bizarre and unusual creatures and people. Fairies! Warriors in fur pelts! Talking animals! This is getting way crazy. Enbarr trots behind you, neighing and occasionally butting you with his nose.
“Tír na nÓg is what you mortals call the Otherworld,” says Niamh.
“Otherworld?” you ask. “What’s that?”
Niamh looks very disappointed, and sighs loudly. “What are they teaching you on Earth nowadays? The Otherworld. It’s where the immortals and spirits live.” Continue reading
Last week, I gave you Part 1 of this 3-part story. Get ready for Part 2 . . .
You’re too curious, so you approach the horse. It takes a few steps towards you, and then circles around and starts to trot out over the water! This glowing horse is walking on water. You’re way fascinated now, so you walk out after it, but you definitely don’t have the ability to walk on the lake. Pretty soon, you’re up to your knees in water. And it’s pretty cold.
“Wait!” you shout.
The horse stops and turns back to look at you. It comes back, hooves dancing delicately above the surface of the lake. When it reaches you, it kneels and nudges you with its nose. As if by instinct, you climb onto the horse’s back. It rises again and begins to walk out onto the lake. Continue reading
Choose Your Own Adventure: A St. Patrick’s Day Story
This morning, you found out your two so-called best friends, Megan and Kelly, are going to be co-leading the presentation in the school St. Patrick’s Day festival . . . and you’ve been assigned to dress up as a bearded leprechaun. Ugh!
You were hoping that you could be a part of the Irish Step Dancing troupe, but when assignments were announced today, you found out that Megan and Kelly would be dancing with Tommy instead. And you three were supposed to be best friends! So you’ll be leading the “folklore” segment of the presentation, whatever that means, and you are definitely NOT a happy camper. The costume alone makes you want to hide under a million blankets until March 18th. Continue reading