August 4, 2015
What Amusement Park Ride Are You?
Going to amusement parks is my most favorite summertime activity (aside from reading a billion books by the beach). So our next quiz for y’all is an Amusement Park Ride Personality Quiz! Are you a wild upside down roller coaster, a hot-headed bumper car, or a silly Tilt-a-Whirl? Take the quiz to find out!
- Your amusement park treat of choice is a) cotton candy. b) nachos. c) churros. d) hot dogs. e) a slushie.
- Your amusement park must-have is a a) cute outfit. b) backpack. c) bottle of sunscreen. d) baseball hat. e) cool sunglasses.
- Your favorite animal of the following is the a) koala. b) shark. c) giraffe. d) otter. e) tiger.
- You are most afraid of a) heights. b) clowns. c) gross bugs. d) the dark. e) zombies.
- Your favorite summertime outdoor activity is a) freeze tag. b) jungle gym acrobatics. c) tennis. d) swimming. e) water balloon fight.
- Your favorite rainy day summertime activity is a) learning a new craft. b) bowling. c) reading indoors. d) watching movies with your friends. e) napping.
- You most enjoy the color a) yellow. b) silver. c) blue. d) purple. e) red.
- Your favorite video game involves a) dancing or singing. b) racing cars. c) solving puzzles. d) building or creating something. e) combat fighting.
- Your dream ride would be a a) unicycle. b) really, really fast sports car. c) hot air balloon. d) sailboat. e) motorcycle.
Read on for your results! Continue reading
July 27, 2015
What’s Your Roller Coaster Name?
I’m a sucker for a great roller coaster ride. Did it leave me winded? Did I almost puke? Did my soul leave my body at least once? Did I scream, “WHY DID I AGREE TO GET ON THIS RIDE?!” If yes to all the above, that was the BEST RIDE EVER! I’m always the one saying, “That was terrifying! Can we do that again? Pretty please?”
The major bummer about roller coaster rides, though, is that there are always waiting lines for the good ones that go on forEVER. If you’re looking for a way to pass the time, we would like to unveil our extremely awesome Roller Coaster Name Generator!!! Extra extreme! Extra wild!
If you’re new to our name generators, have no fear. Here’s how this works: Find the first initial of your first name in the list below. That word is your roller coaster first name. Then look at the list of the months below and find the month of your birthday. That word is your roller coaster last name. For example, my name begins with an E and my birthday is in March, so my new roller coaster name would be Sky Fury! Continue reading
July 20, 2015
Describe Your Perfect Planet!
Even if you’re not an intergalactic space traveler yet, that doesn’t mean you can’t go exploring with your mind. So we want to know . . .
If you discovered the most perfect planet in the universe, what would be on it? What would it look like, smell like, taste like? What would you do if you could spend an entire day on your perfect planet?
I know what my perfect planet would be like. My perfect planet would look a lot like Earth, but way better. It would be super-duper green, just green fields for miles, and amazing forests, and breathtaking waterfalls and lakes. And it would be full of the friendliest, cutest animals (all vegan, of course, because it’d be stressful if they ate each other), and with trees that produce the most delicious fruit in the world . . . . regular fruit, but also fruit that tastes like pizza! And sushi! And hamburgers! And the bugs would all be very pretty, too, and not scary-looking or vicious. No mosquito bites on this planet! When the wind blows — only a gentle breeze — it would sound like an orchestra of tiny bells playing my favorite songs. There would be perfect sandy beaches where it never gets too hot, and even on the snowy mountain tops it would never get too cold. I would never need to wear more layers than a sweater over my t-shirt! It would always be perfectly sunny during the day and cool at night. The water running through the rivers and streams would taste pure and sweet, and nothing on the planet would be poisonous. The air would be ultra-fresh and randomly smell like cookies baking (the best smell in the universe)!
Let’s hear what your perfect planet would be like. Share your dream planet’s description in the Comments below!
En-Zsu, STACKS Writer
July 8, 2015
The Giver Readalikes
If you’ve just read The Giver by Lois Lowry (and had your mind totally blown), chances are you’re on the lookout for something equally awesome to read next. But where do you start?! Have no fear, fellow fans! If you’re craving more mystery and adventure in a world full of secrets, check out this super-rad list of The Giver readalikes for ages 10 and up! Continue reading
July 7, 2015
What random item are you?
- It’s the weekend! You’re most looking forward to . . . a) playing kickball with your besties in the park. b) hanging out with your dog. c) putting together an art project like a scrapbook or mural. d) spending quality time on the sofa, reading books and catching up on your favorite movies. e) volunteering!
- Your favorite song is . . . a) a catchy pop tune. b) a chill electronic track. c) very rock n’ roll! d) a beautiful ballad. e) at least 20 years old. Continue reading
July 6, 2015
Did you know that July is National Ice Cream Month?? Sounds like it’s actually the BEST MONTH EVER! I know that I’m gonna spend this month shoveling as much ice cream in my face as possible. No flavor is safe! And my favorite thing to do while eating ice cream is, of course, reading a book! Wouldn’t it be cool if we could combine our favorite books with our favorite ice cream to create book-inspired ice cream flavors? Read on for a few ideas of what I mean. . . Continue reading
June 12, 2015
We met the members of R5, and they are really funny!
We got up-close and personal with the 5-piece band R5 consisting of Ross Lynch, Riker Lynch, Rocky Lynch, Rydel Lynch, and (Ellington) Ratliff. What’s it like touring the world? What are their favorite things about each other? Find out the answers to these questions and more below! Continue reading
June 9, 2015
What Should You Do When You’re Bored?
It’s summertime! Even if your schedule is packed to the rafters with camping trips, pool parties, concerts, theme parks, and more, chances are you’ll find yourself with at least an hour or two of downtime . . . so what do you do? Don’t let boredom bring you down! Take our handy-dandy Boredom Personality Quiz and find out what activity YOU should do to keep the boredom at bay. You’re in for one very fun summer!
- Your favorite pizza is . . . a) extra cheese. b) plain. c) pepperoni. d) veggie. e) something you’ve never tried before.
- Your dream fictional creature pet would be . . . a) a unicorn. b) a talking mouse. c) Pegasus. d) a phoenix. e) a dragon.
- Your dream digs would be . . . a) a castle by the sea. b) a quiet cottage in the woods. c) a farm. d) an apartment in a busy city. e) nowhere in particular–your dream is to travel, not settle down!
- You are most drawn to the color . . . a) blue. b) grey. c) yellow. d) green. e) red.
- You are most grossed out by . . . a) people who are mean to other people. b) people with really bad table manners. c) people who complain. d) blood! e) dirty dishes.
- You deal with frustrating situations by . . . a) taking a deep breath and trying to be patient. b) avoiding them!!! c) sticking by your convictions no matter what. d) finding a creative solution that makes everyone happy. e) getting someone else to help you stay positive.
- You watch TV and movies . . . a) a few hours a month. b) hardly ever. You can go weeks without TV and somehow survive! c) a few hours a day. d) only when it’s a show or movie you really, really want to see. e) a few hours a week.
- When out shopping, you . . . a) get things in a style you know you already like. b) get things that are comfortable. c) pick out the trendiest stuff you possibly can! d) go for new styles and looks you haven’t tried. e) zero in on the active gear.
- When something embarrassing happens you . . . a) get really mad, but cool off quickly and forget about it a few days later. b) hide in your room until you think most people have forgotten. c) laugh along with everyone. d) write about it in your journal until you feel better . . . . about a week later. e) do something awesome that will make everyone forget how embarrassing that was!
- Your favorite subject in school is . . . a) Computers. b) Language Arts. c) Science. d) Art. e) Math.
Keep reading for the results! Continue reading
May 25, 2015
What’s Your Summer Name?
Do y’all remember the fantabulous Winter Name Generator? Well, it’s definitely not winter anymore, so it’s time for new names. I’m thinking that it’s time for . . . SUMMER NAMES!!! Introducing the wonderfully weird and wonky Summer Name Generator! (This is version 2.0. If you want two special summer names, you should try out last summer’s, too!).
Here’s how the Summer Name Generator works. Find the first initial of your first name in the list below. That word is your summer first name. Then look at the list of the months below and find the month of your birthday. That word is your summer last name. For example, my name begins with an E and my birthday is in March, so my new summer name would be Pool Noodle Surfer. I’m into it!
- A – Sunny
- B – Sunshine
- C – Water Slide
- D – Sandy
- E – Pool Noodle
- F – Flip Flop
- G – Beachy
- H – Jumprope
- I – Leafy
- J – Bicycle
- K – Thunder
- L – Sunglasses
- M – Grass
- N – Popsicle
- O – Roller Coaster
- P – Vacation
- Q – Lake
- R – Canoe
- S – Festival
- T – SPF
- U – Forest
- V – Starry
- W – Zipline
- X – Hiking
- Y – Nature
- Z – Explorer
- January – Shorts
- February – Backpack
- March – Surfer
- April – Frisbee
- May – Speedboat/li>
- June – Water Bottle
- July – Lightning
- August – Firecracker
- September – Hummingbird
- October – Sprinkler
- November – Hopscotch
- December – Picnic
It’s heating up fast outside and soon it’ll be vacation time. Get ready by grabbing your sweetest swimwear, favorite flip flops, coolest sidewalk chalk, and brand-new SUMMER NAME! What’s your new, wacky summer name? Share it in the Comments below!
See ya around,
En-Szu, a.k.a. Pool Noodle Surfer
April 29, 2015
Now that it’s finally spring, I’m so excited to sit outside in the park and read books all day. . . and of course, I have my handy-dandy Books of the Month post to help me plan out my reading list!
Last month I asked you to share what books you were reading (and loving) and I’ve put the results into a word cloud. Check it out . . .
Percy Jackson is obviously the runaway star of this month. More of you voted for PJ this time around than ever before! So I guess I’ll finally be finishing the series this May, and wishing and hoping for a third movie!
What books are you reading now? What books do you think everyone MUST MUST MUST put at the very tippy-top of their summer reading list? Share in the Comments below!
En-Szu, STACKS Writer