Ancient Egypt Trivia Quiz
When you think of Ancient Egypt, you may think of pyramids and mummies. But did you also know a lot of today’s modern-day conveniences were invented in Ancient Egypt? For instance, Ancient Egyptians invented the first toothbrushes (fine twigs tied together into soft brushes) and toothpaste (the powder of ox hooves, ashes, and pumice)! From mummies to makeup and more, see how much you know – or can guess! – about Ancient Egypt.
- Ancient Egyptians used papyrus plants, which were stiff, reed-like plants that grew along the Nile River, to make THIS item for writing on.
- Name the women’s makeup that Ancient Egyptians invented:
B. Lip gloss
- To create a mummy, Egyptians first had to remove all of the body’s what?
- In the classic mummy pose, the mummy’s hands are placed over which part of the body?
- How many large pyramids are there at the Pyramids of Giza?
- Which of these did Ancient Egyptians invent?
C. Fishing nets
- What is the name of the coffin a mummy sits in?
- What was the ancient form of Egyptian writing called?
- True or False? Women were kind of equal to men in Ancient Egypt.
- Who was the last pharaoh of Ancient Egypt? Hint: she was a woman.
Scroll your answers in the Comments below, and check your answers here!
–Ratha, STACKS Writer