September 3, 2014

September Books of the Month

Posted by at 1:24 am in Books of the Month, Reads | Permalink

Recommend me!It’s Books of the Month Time!

At the end of July, I asked you all what books you were reading. You responded with some great recommendations! I made a word cloud to show which titles were most popular. Once again, Percy Jackson is stealing the spotlight, but the competition is definitely heating up. Heroes of Olympus and Harry Potter are putting up a valiant fight! Take a look:

september_booksofthemonth

I know, I know, I know–it’s back-to-school time, so that means less time for reading for fun. But I know you guys are finding time to read wherever and whenever you can, and that’s awesome! Let’s keep this going. What books are you reading now? What books do you absolutely, positively love and think everyone in the whole wide world should read? Leave the title (or titles) in the Comments below. I can’t wait to see what new books you recommend!

See ya next time,

image from kids.scholastic.com — En-Szu, STACKS Staffer

Find out what other kids are reading right now with these videos from Open a World of Possible, Scholastic’s new mission about the power of books and reading.

1. Rebecca

I love all Percy Jackson books (age 10 and up) there the best,but I really really really like the valdimar tod series (age 12 and up) it’s so awesome who doesn’t love vampires?!

2. AthenaFearless104

Im reading the heroes of Olympus and im SO EXCITED for the new book coming out! I also noticed Savvy was on here… I love that book!!!

3. midsummerbook13

I’m reading The Secret Series and I just finished Sisters! It is such a good companion to Smile and I have been thinking about reading The Secret Series for a couple of months now, and I just got the first book!!!!!!!!!

4. astronomygirl3

Some of the books I loved reading:

1. Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus
    2. The Finisher
    3. Spirit Animals
    4. 39 Clues
    5. Infinity Ring
    6. The Accidental Hero
    7. The Lunar Chronicles
    8. The School for Good and Evil

5. BookAmber28

I’m reading S Series of Unfortunate Events series right now, I’m on the last book, entitled ‘THE END’. You should totally read this series.

6. Annabeth

I LOVE PERCY JACKSON I LOVE HIM. LETS GO THE 7 DEMIGODS! MWHAHAHA 1ST PLACE WITH HEROES OF OLYMPUS IN 2ND. MY LIFE IS OVER. WITH HAPPIESNESS. IM READING THE HOUSE OF HADES RIGHT NOW.

7. kayla

my favorite character from the unwanteds is either lani or mrs. octavia … and from harry potter i am a huge fan of luna lovegood

8. Danica

Yeah, I read the Unwanteds and it is really cool! You should definitely read it! It is said to be the cure for post-Harry Potter depression … love it and it is a mix of Harry Potter and the Hunger Games but its still unique! Love Lisa McMann! I also enjoy HP.

9. Hayden

Uh, do any of you like Dear Americas? Some of my friends love Percy Jackson, and I don’t know the first thing ’bout him. Any advice?:?

1. sabrina

well start with ‘percy and the Olympians’ then wen u finish u can start with ‘heroes of olympians’ then read the’ kane chronicles’ and there will be nothing else