September 2, 2014

Open a World of Possible

Posted by at 1:17 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Rainbow PenWriting Prompt: How does reading open your world and make new things possible?

Scholastic has a new mission about the power of books and reading called Open a World of Possible. Did you ever feel pulled into the pages of a book you were reading? Like that book . . . or a combination of all the books you read . . . turned you into a different person?

Reading can change our lives. It can be magical. We can get lost in the pages of a good book. It can open our eyes to people and situations we never knew. It can make us laugh. Pass hours of boredom away. Make us want to right the wrongs in the world. Make us want to create our own adventures. Help us to grow up. Or help us be a kid just a little longer.

So for today’s Writing Prompt, we want to know:

How does reading open your world and make new things possible?

Watch these Open a World of Possible videos for inspiration and let us know how reading has shaped your life. Can’t wait to see your responses in the Comments below.

-Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. Krista

Reading changed my life completely. There are so many things I would never have thought of if I didn’t like to read. My love of reading makes me who I am today. In fact, if books were taken away from me I’d do something drastic. I love that word. Drastic.

~Krista~

1. spencer

I want caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

2. Daijane

hi my name is Daijane the book baby sitters club chaged life by tell me no matter what you will always be friend and never stop talking to someone because of some rumor always listen to your heart and mind .
    your
    friend
    Daijane

3. wisethunderstorm8

Reading has opened my world and made new things possible in many different ways. When I was younger, I could never stand knowing only a part of something. I always wanted to know the whole story. My first book that I understood was Grizzwold. I still have it to this day and I could never forget it.

4. Helena

reading has changed my life in many different ways, some ways are by helping me learn easier and being able to help me study and take note to get better grades. It has also helped make new things possible by looking through different things and finding information about different people whom changed our world and we live today. Reading also opened my world by wanting to go out and explore new things.

5. Cyclonevampire7

Ive actually had a doctor tell me to pace myself in reading books,because I’d been having a lot of head-aches recently. So yeah,I think we’re PRETTY CLEAR how important books are to me. I BREATHE books. Got nothing to do? No books to read? RE-READ a old book.

6. GymnastGirl17

I think that it does make sense that books can really pull you into a whole new world. The book is like the only thing that matters.

7. Adeline

Reading has helped me become a better reader,speller,writer and,learner. When I was 5 years old I was in a specil reading programe for kids that couldn’t learn fast enought,and was always called mean and hateful names ,but now I read 3 years above my grade level. So I say be deferint Be A Geek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!