August 21, 2014

A Graphic Novel About Sisters

Posted by at 1:54 am in Graphic Novels, Reads | Permalink

Sisters by Raina TelgemeierSisters (for ages 8-12): a new graphic novel by Raina Telgemeier

When she was young, Raina was so excited to become a big sister. She couldn’t wait to have a sibling to play with! She hoped it would be like having a built-in friend who would never have to go home before dinnertime. But when Amara was born, Raina found having a sibling wasn’t quite what she expected. She was a cute baby, but she cried a lot.

Now that Raina is starting middle school, she can hardly get a minute of privacy at home, especially because she’s crammed into one bedroom with her younger sister and her younger brother Will. To keep the peace between Raina and Amara, Mom and Dad decide to do some room rearranging. Raina will get her own room, and Will and Amara will share the big bedroom. Mom and Dad will move to a sofa bed in the living room.

Will these two sisters finally figure out how to get along?

Sisters by Raina Telgemeier

Check out this video preview of Sisters! Doesn’t the art remind you of Raina Telgemeier’s other books Smile and Drama?

Do you have any siblings? What do you love the most about having a brother or sister? What parts don’t you love about it? Tell us what you think in the Comments below!

Marisa, STACKS Intern

1. catwatermelon62

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Maddie

I have never read the book before but it seems super cool & popular in my school so i would really love to read it :]

3. bluebutterfly3723

this book is awsome it like made me want to read more you have to keep writing books like this my brother suggest you make books like brothers,frown,and more gtg bye

4. dancinggirl262

I figured when my little brother was born I would be more happy and of course I am getting a sister in a couple of month.

5. Tiffany

Cool! My friends have this book. When I first saw the book, I thought it was a chapter book but when I looked through it, it was a comic! I felt so silly thinking it was a chapter book! :)

6. MermaidBlack16 (a super fan of Raina Telgemeier's graphic novels)

I really cannot wait to get this awesome new book! I LOVE all of her graphic novels! I am sure my sister and me will really enjoy this!!!!

1. BandPink83

I know! There are 55 holds on it from my library.Ugh, will it ever come? Did any of U got it from your library? Okay, like will it ever come? And like, never mind. Friend me please, I’m new and lots of U are oldies(people who’ve been on someplace for a long time).

Bandy

(My nickname one here is “Bandy”), get it?

1. Hayden

I just went and put a hold on Sisters. But, the book “Drama” isn’t about Raina. Just putting that out there.

7. CrimsonCat420

I have 4 brothers and 0 sisters (i’m a girl). You mean the stuff I don’t like? ALMOST EVERYTHING, but at the end of the day there pretty good siblings.

8. Melancholyathena15

i have one brother- my favorite part is that we look out for each other when the other is in trouble, but we have a lot of fights and sometimes our dad calls us an old married couple. after that, we still fight. still, we’ll always fight and look out for each other, just not often.