July 16, 2014

Fantasy Who Would Win?

Posted by at 1:19 am in Percy Jackson, Reads, Who Would Win | Permalink

Fantasy Books FestivalWho would win in a fight between your favorite fantasy characters?

I know what MY favorite thing about fantasy books is: fantasy books often have the most exciting, epic, earth-shattering battles. In worlds where anything is possible, magical creatures, logic-defying supernatural abilities, and even nature itself can turn any old argument into a knock-down, drag-out fight to save the universe. It’s so exciting!

Fight scenes in fantasy books always leave me wondering what I would do if I had the abilities or strengths that the characters have. Would I try to save the world, too? Or would I go on silly adventures instead? Probably a little bit of both!

Today’s Fantasy Books Festival post is all about special abilities. Everyone loves a good collision of fantasy universes, so do a little imagining yourself: who would win in a fight between these fictional characters?

Who are your winners? Why? What are your suggestions for fantasy face-offs? Share in the Comments below!

Till next time,

image from kids.scholastic.com — En-Szu, STACKS Staffer

1. Britany

Okay, this has nothing to do with who would win, but I have to say, The Blood of Olympus (age 10 and up)came out 2 days ago (it’s October 9 2014) and I see nada about it. Why haven’t you posted anything?

2. AthenaFearless104

ITS SOOOO OBVIOUS….. Annabeth vs Hermione! Duh Annnabeth! She defeated Arachne without a wand, she has survived years and years of quests without a single magic potion or spell! Hermione may be clever but I gotta hand it to Annnabeth!

3. firepegasus10

ANNABETH CHASE!!!! GO CAMP HALF-BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEAT THOSE OTHER CONTESTANTS UP WITH THE POWER OF POSEIDON!!!!!!!!!!!

4. DRAGONADVENTURE699

For the first one, absolutely Maleficent from Kingdom Keepers. She is POWERFUL!!!!!

For the second one, OH MY GOSH HARD!!!!!! But I guess in the end Annabeth would win. She could easily know how to disarm Hermione and her knife and cap would surely give her an advantage.

For the third, Clay. Hands down. He may be all sweet and caring and protective, but in a fight, vicious.

1. Elvenprincess

Have you ever read The Lord of the Rings? I have not seen Malificent, But I’m pretty sure that Gandalf would be able to beat anyone.

5. Charli7e

Gandalf
    Hermione (Wands have longer range than knives)
    Eustace

How about a face-off between Murtagh (from Eragon) and Horace (from The Ranger’s Apprentice)?

6. Anonymous

Gandalf because he came back from the dead and he knows both magic and hand-to-hand combat. and while I love Annabeth Hermione IS the brightest witch of her age.

7. Indigobloodhound93

COMP (Check Out My Profile)
    Malificent Because she is awesome and I love the kingdom keepers and she turns into a dragon
    Annabeth Because she is the daughter of Athena and Athena is very smart
    I don’t know about the last two books

8. Bobby

I think annabeth would totally win against heromine because she has her cap of invisibility and strategic thinking.Heromine however known actual hand to hand combat if she were to lose her wand it would be over for her.

9. silverdragon1590

Emmet from the lego movie comic books v.s Harry Potter. Or President Buisiness from the lego movie books v.s Voldemort. I think thee Harry Potter guys would beat the lego movie books guys.

10. Elle

1. Maleficent
    2. Annabeth
    3. Eustace… as a dragon.

Or mine:
    Harry Potter versus Percy Jackson?
    Charlie Bone versus Seth from Fablehaven?